Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Roll-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never too early for a rollup! Very farfetched but had some success with this exact type of roll up last year (in my diary which i have forgot to update for months now) going onto a dead gaelic warrior stayers hurdle bet sadly

Counter Strike 2 PGL Copenhagen Major - Team Spirit to win @ 9/4

Have the new prodigy in the game who seems to only have one weakness which is playing on the map vertigo which is mostly utility based not aim based so isn't played to his strengths. Have been destroying literally everyone and the team is so balanced. Won the last big LAN so the odds aren't as good as I wishes they would be but I make them around a 6/4 shot to win the whole thing.

Only problem is I don't know what to include it with, Jasmine De Vaux might be one as he's quite short now

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

Have a day off .... just one? Best of luck matey. Who are we rolling on to then?
      Haha, wish I had now! Was rolled on to Gaelic Warrior QMCC but no cigar. I don't think he goes there but trying to cover before he romps home at Punchestown and his price becomes non-existent...

Comment

• Good Auteuil card tomorrow.

Master D'Oc full brother to Master Dino makes his debut over fences. Beat Jigme in a grade 3 before 5th in the grade 1 in November. Evens with Bet365 currently looks fair.

Juntos Gamanos 6/4. Steps into open company but he was the class act in his age group over fences. Unseated in the grade 1 in the Autumn and has to bounce back in this grade 3 but it looks very winnable.

Leon du Berlais and Kamsinea are the class acts in the 4pm. CSF currently pays out around 14/1 and 15/1. Leon du Berlais weighted to win this but has seconditis.

​​​​​​Two 3 year old hurdles open the card up, which are the first 3 year old hurdles at Auteuil this year. The two winners last year were Kargese (2nd in the Triumph) and Jigme (all conquering top 3 year old in France this season).

Good time to start watching the racing at Auteuil if you don't currently as you start to see some decent 3 and 4 year olds be seen who make their way over to UK and Ireland.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Jungle Jack 1:30 Bangor Saturday looks a decent long range shout at current 5/1 odds
          • Already jocked up with Brian Hughes and running for Donald McCain who loves a winner at Bangor
          • Jungle Jack won the race last year off 4lb lower before going to Aintree and finishing a respectable 9th in one of the big handicaps at Aintree.
          • Earlier this year he was pulled up when novice chasing before an eye catching piece of form last time out in February where he split the first and second in the Morebattle, only going down by 1/2 a length to the winner despite giving him over a stone.
          • That run in February was his first since November, his first since a wind op and came off the back of a drift from 9/2 out to 15/2 just before the off suggesting he'd need the run.
          • McCain's percentage of handicap winners with 1 run since a wind op (15.96% with 34.04% placed) is better than his record on the first run after wind op (12.77% winners with 25.53% placed), adding to the idea that he might have needed the run last time.
          The race looks like it could be deeper this year than last year where JJ beat Homme Public convincingly, with potential dangers including:
          • Home Free, a lightly raced Skelton novice on his first handicap start - enough said I think
          • Cheddleton who was better than his current mark before a bad injury and won last time in what might have been a confidence booster but was always a better chaser than hurdler
          • Pickanumber, who looks on the upgrade having won his last two, including his first handicap start but in much lower class races than these (last time was a 0-110, this is a 0-135)
          Once again, I'm trying to get Gaelic onside for the Champion Chase and maybe by Saturday I'll have my diary set up and put all of these in there...

Comment

• League Of Ireland - First Division

Finn Harps home to Kerry

I made Finn Harps about a 2/5 shot, shocked there is 8/11 and 4/6 widely available.

I've had a proper bet on them.

A fantastic roll up opportunity.

Comment

• Storm Boy @ 6/4 in the Golden Slipper at Rosehill

The best 2yo in Australia and Ryan's flown down for the ride

Comment

• Originally posted by parimutuel View Post
                Storm Boy @ 6/4 in the Golden Slipper at Rosehill

The best 2yo in Australia and Ryan's flown down for the ride
                I’ve been following the Exchange market on and off all evening.

Storm Boy and Switzerland are getting the love, on there.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

I’ve been following the Exchange market on and off all evening.

Storm Boy and Switzerland are getting the love, on there.
                  Unfortunately he missed the break but proved how good he is to still finish third, doesn't help the roll up though

Comment

• …..free matched £5 on IPL cricket with Lads for those looking for roll-up opportunities.

Comment

• Interesting market been put up by Bet365.
                      To finish in first 20 in Grand National - NRNB.

Some interesting horses around the even money that look over priced that some might want to use for antepost selections on Cheltenham.

Some that caught my eye as being fairly solid.

Plenty really, depends on who you like personally

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        Interesting market been put up by Bet365.
                        To finish in first 20 in Grand National - NRNB.

Some interesting horses around the even money that look over priced that some might want to use for antepost selections on Cheltenham.

Some that caught my eye as being fairly solid.

Plenty really, depends on who you like personally
                        Great market.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Just need them to get round now

Comment

• My worry this year is with all this rain we could be looking at another Red Maurader year, 2001, heavy going and only 4 finished and 2 of them remounted something they no longer can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
                            Never too early for a rollup! Very farfetched but had some success with this exact type of roll up last year (in my diary which i have forgot to update for months now) going onto a dead gaelic warrior stayers hurdle bet sadly

Counter Strike 2 PGL Copenhagen Major - Team Spirit to win @ 9/4

Have the new prodigy in the game who seems to only have one weakness which is playing on the map vertigo which is mostly utility based not aim based so isn't played to his strengths. Have been destroying literally everyone and the team is so balanced. Won the last big LAN so the odds aren't as good as I wishes they would be but I make them around a 6/4 shot to win the whole thing.

Only problem is I don't know what to include it with, Jasmine De Vaux might be one as he's quite short now
                            Unfortunately what I feared, happened. They tried to be smart with a veto and let it go to the third map on the exact map which was their weakness and ended up losing despite bringing it back. Frustrating as they went into the knockouts 11/8 favourites with 5/1 the field

Comment

• Think Scheffler to win Houston Open tonight at 6/4 is a good potential roll up opportunity. Apart from Finau it’s a terrible leaderboard stacked with guys who have rarely if ever been in contention to win. And with the added pressure of securing a place at Augusta in 10 days, surely it’s Scottie’s to lose

Comment

• Musselburgh 4.30 - Full Metal Jacket 5/2 opened with B365

Could be a case of knowing the fate of the horse before the race has even began considering connections, but I liked his run in the Punchestown Bumper last season and he finished infront of Goldinthemountains who subsequently went and won one of the main Xmas Leopards bumpers. He's now tongue tied so expect him to be bang there.

Comment

Working...
                                X