Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses who missed/skipped Cheltenham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Hazel Hill. Impressive winner of 2019 Foxhunter and strong fav for repeat this year.
    He’s a teenager next year Lobos, you still think he can do it? I looked back and the last one was 1996, and there has been 4 since the race started in 1947. Believe it or not one of them was 17 years old!! That has to be one for anyone doing a horse racing quiz.

Comment

FRANCIN is a lively one for me in the Stayers Hurdle, given his form improved for a step up to 2m6&1/2F on Heavy, on the day after Gold Cup Day.

I was gutted he missed Cheltenham, and he is already a 7yo, finishing a Novice hurdle season, so its bordering on last chance to go over fences, next season.

I am wondering if he could be campaigned into staying hurdles, and if he quickly became a quality handicapper/Graded staying hurdler, then a dart at all the Grade 1 Stayers hurdle races could be a natural move, as he turns 8 in the new year.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

...Master Dino was amongst highest rated novice chasers until injury ruled it out. From comments already on here, it might not be destined for next years festival.
        Last edited by Eggs; 30 May 2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
          He’s a teenager next year Lobos, you still think he can do it? I looked back and the last one was 1996, and there has been 4 since the race started in 1947. Believe it or not one of them was 17 years old!! That has to be one for anyone doing a horse racing quiz.
          If there is one race at the fez that age shouldn't put you off it would be the Foxhunters,probably followed by the XC.

Comment

Waiting for CoD to put up Annamix

Comment

Mr Adjudicator - not sure how bad the injury was but I'd like to see him back on the flat, with the Cesarewitch the aim, then campaigned over hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Deliberately left him off

Comment

Conflated
                  Picked up an injury just before the festival. I Was personally very keen on him for the Martin pipe\coral
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Champagne classic. Was favourite for the NHC. Previous festival winner. No obvious race for him though as likely to be too high in the weights for a handicap and not good enough For the gold cup. Maybe a national horse one day?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I've barely mentioned him except in my own diary

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Mr Adjudicator - not sure how bad the injury was but I'd like to see him back on the flat, with the Cesarewitch the aim, then campaigned over hurdles.
                        Had him noted down for the season ahead. I think Scooby (possibly others) was keen on him for the Marsh last season before finding out he was out for the season

Comment

Micro manage. Was triumph hurdle fav but didn’t race over hurdles at all last season. There was some noise about how well he was schooling if I recall correctly. One to note this season.

Comment

Fred - Munir & Souede owned and trained by Nicky Henderson. He won the novice hurdle at Kempton on Boxing Day and besides that was regularly placing including at Cheltenham. Not sure he’s good enough to win a graded race but could a handicap horse. Not sure if he’s staying over hurdles or going chasing?? I like him and will be keeping an eye of for him this season.

Comment

Grand sancy. Bit of a funny season last year in how he was campaigned. I thought he would make a better chaser than hurdler but still has some work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Had him noted down for the season ahead. I think Scooby (possibly others) was keen on him for the Marsh last season before finding out he was out for the season
                                I was all over him for the Cesarewitch before he picked up an injury. He can pick up a big handicap on the flat off his current mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X