Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

*** Please Register - Introduce yourself and get involved ***

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *** Please Register - Introduce yourself and get involved ***

    Please join us using the link below if you haven't already.

    http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/register.php?



    There is even more great content when you do including the "Ante Post Diary" section that we know move the markets!




    You can use this thread to introduce yourself too. Let us know a bit about yourself? How long you've been into racing, your favourite horses perhaps or favourite racing memories? Of course you don't have to, you just get stuck in to the threads!


    ....and to all the lurkers....







    Avatar/Profile Picture


    To get an avatar, please go to this thread and follow the instructions.
    http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...cture-requests
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 26 May 2020, 08:02 PM.

  • #2
    As a side note, a huge thank-you to every single one of our members here at the moment.

    The activity is nothing short of phenomenal right now considering it's May (cheers lockdown) and the forum is going from strength to strength based on every one of you engaging, discussing and debating this magnificent passion that we all share.



    Long live the Fat Jockeys.

    Comment


    • #3
      Kev, do we have to rejoin/re-register or just carry on as normal if we’re regular contributors??

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        Kev, do we have to rejoin/re-register or just carry on as normal if we’re regular contributors??
        Good question TKP.

        If you are already a member, you carry on as you are. You do not need to do anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Good question TKP.

          If you are already a member, you carry on as you are. You do not need to do anything.
          No worries Kev

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi my name is Danny and I’m 49 I’ve been into Horse racing since a very early age due to my Dad. I used to watch it with on a Saturday afternoon, he loved Lester Piggott and in my opinion he remains the greatest jockey ever. I remember horse like Popsi’s Joy and a brilliantly versatile horse Ardross. Every Grand National my Dad used to place a pound on a horse of our choice, I picked Ben Nevis who won at 40/1 and I was hooked.

            I in general prefer the Flat but without doubt the best meeting of the year is Cheltenham. It’s now my Christmas and I countdown the days. Favourite horse sorry that’s impossible far too many to pick one. Bonanza Boy, Lochsong, Salsabil, Dancing Brave, Bobs Worth. The list could go on and on and on.

            I’ve been lucky enough to have shares in horses and had winners at Wetherby, Newcastle, Catterick, Hexham, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Musselburgh, Chepstow, Southwell and Newmarket. Was lucky enough to have a 1/4 share in Birkdale when he was trained by Ferdy Murphy he finished 2nd in the Thyestes in Gowran Park then later ran in the Grand National, great times and memories.

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome Danny ��
              It’s a good age is 49
              All the best people are 49 I reckon.
              Only started watching seriously at age 30 so only one of your favs I saw in flesh was bobs worth
              That gold cup finish when him and silviniaco seemed to get spooked will always be remembered by me as we were stood at the finishing line. Not holding a laser pen or horse whistle though.
              Was certain bobs worth would go away from them like he’d always done before.
              Proper strange finish that race was

              Comment


              • #8
                Welcome Danny - Ferdy Murphy was one of my favourite trainers. Poker De Sivola and Hot Weld bring back brilliant memories.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Welcome Danny - Ferdy Murphy was one of my favourite trainers. Poker De Sivola and Hot Weld bring back brilliant memories.
                  He was such a good trainer!! His Cheltenham record was fantastic Given the size of the stable. Divers winning what I think was called the jewson was a great result for me, a few years ago that now though. I’m getting older but not any wiser!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    L'antartique was another. A master target trainer!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well remembered. Forty aces was another good horse. Beaten in Denmans RSA then hosed up aintree at 3 weeks later. Good horse. Good trainer. Good memories.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                        Well remembered. Forty aces was another good horse. Beaten in Denmans RSA then hosed up aintree at 3 weeks later. Good horse. Good trainer. Good memories.
                        Totally agree HE and great memories. Time stops for no man though, unfortunately.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                          Welcome Danny ��
                          It’s a good age is 49
                          All the best people are 49 I reckon.
                          Only started watching seriously at age 30 so only one of your favs I saw in flesh was bobs worth
                          That gold cup finish when him and silviniaco seemed to get spooked will always be remembered by me as we were stood at the finishing line. Not holding a laser pen or horse whistle though.
                          Was certain bobs worth would go away from them like he’d always done before.
                          Proper strange finish that race was
                          Cheers👍🏻 Loved Bobs Worth as any horse tough enough to win at 3 Festival’s and a Hennessy, a warrior of a horse.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Welcome Danny - Ferdy Murphy was one of my favourite trainers. Poker De Sivola and Hot Weld bring back brilliant memories.
                            Thanks, Ferdy was a great trainer and an absolute gentleman and fantastic company, such a funny down to earth man, a sad loss RIP. Also a great judge of a jockey, used Adrian Maguire at the start and end of his career, used Paul Carberry who was not only a superb jockey but an amazing judge of a horse. Also give Davy Russell his big break and he didn’t do too badly.

                            Ferdy’s record at the festival was so good, Paddy’s Return, Stop The Waller, Naiad Du Misselot and the ones mentioned and others probably can’t recall🤭 Lads hate to correct you but it was Aces Four that was behind Denman😉no problem when you correct me when I’m wrong👌🏻Getting back to Ferdy he was an amazing trainer of a staying chaser, eg Sibton Abbey, Paris Pike, Ackzo, Streamstown....
                            Last edited by FrenchHolly; 30 May 2020, 07:02 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Naiad Du Misselot - another I backed (coral cup?) winning by the shortest of short heads.

                              Anyway, welcome to the forum Danny

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X