Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Just stopped myself taking the 14's straight after the race wioth Roksana as apparently she might skip Cheltenham according to RTV?

I wouldn't have thought so myself.

She's not that far behind Thyme Hill and Paisley Park though, looks a really solid mare.

I think I'll want her onside but essentially today she's just outclassed horses she's better than....
    Agreed Kev she should go stayers - might improve past them or you never know. But in my mind she’s such a cert for the Aintree hurdle

Comment

• The proximity of the 4th holds the form down but she did look all class today and the jockey says that is the best she has felt. Only needs to find a couple of pounds on the top 2 and a good bet at 12s NRNB with Paddys for me.

Comment

• Added Roksana a while back so i hope she does take her chance, Good chance in this if the others dont perform up to their best.

Comment

• Roksanna.....

“You would like to think she wouldn’t be far away if we headed for the Stayers’, and it looks up for grabs in an open year. You have to be in it to win it, and she’s a tough individual that can be kept in hard training.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Roksanna.....

“You would like to think she wouldn’t be far away if we headed for the Stayers’, and it looks up for grabs in an open year. You have to be in it to win it, and she’s a tough individual that can be kept in hard training.”
            Good, makes sense.

She's not gonna win is she, but deserves to run

Comment

• Although 4th place was fairly close to roksana yesterday, I would argue that she won the race pretty easily without ever really being pushed out.

jockey was completely confident throughout and suggests to me that they knew they would win the race without needing to give her a hard race before cheltenham.

She got close to the front two this season so only needs to find a few lbs, I think she will be in the mix and with a big field anything can happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geegees View Post
                Although 4th place was fairly close to roksana yesterday, I would argue that she won the race pretty easily without ever really being pushed out.

jockey was completely confident throughout and suggests to me that they knew they would win the race without needing to give her a hard race before cheltenham.

She got close to the front two this season so only needs to find a few lbs, I think she will be in the mix and with a big field anything can happen.
                Agree with this, she didnt seem to be given too hard a race yesterday and i think it throws her right into the mix in what is already a difficult race to sort. I only asked DS this week what her intended target was, he laughed at me and walked away !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geegees View Post
                  Although 4th place was fairly close to roksana yesterday, I would argue that she won the race pretty easily without ever really being pushed out.

She is a rare mare in that she appears to still be improving at 9.
                  She was given an RPR of 156 for yesterday which compared to the 154 she received for her Long Walk effort suggests she could get very close to Thyme Hill and Paisley Park so the difference we're now talking about is not lengths, it could be as little as a slow jump or minor hampering at some point in the race.
                  Given the front two are 7/2 and 3/1 or thereabouts there's no question in my mind she represents the value in the race at 14/1 or 10/1 with the NRNB insurance.
                  The better bet will be the place markets on the day, assuming the main contenders all go she could be around 2/1 to finish top 4 and in my opinion there would be few better plays than that all week...

Comment

• I've come to really really like Roksana, I think she's brilliant over 3m. Never made it known before on here as I always assumed she'd go for the Mares Hurdle which I don't think suits, or wait for Aintree, but I think she has a real solid E/W chance in this now.

Comment

• She does seem to be still improving, definitely a good chance of placing in the stayers and maybe even better if the big 2 don't run to their best.

Comment

• What do people think about Itchy Feet?

He's in the Cleeve Hurdle, best price 50/1 for this race but it's the 33/1 NRNB that interests me.

The obvious reason being, if he beats Paisley Park, he throws his hat in the ring....

He's placed in a Supreme and gone off favourite for the Marsh which included FAugheen, Melon and Samcro in the field.

Surely deserves a bit of respect here?

If he's well beaten, trainer seems inclined to skip Cheltenham for Aintree with the majority....

and a ridiculous angle.... the jockey might be in good form having just done something in the Ryanair the race before ? - Okay ignore this one.... the rest is sensible though?

I'm going to have 1.25 pts e/w on him at 33/1 NRNB

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Added Itchy Feet @ 245. Back over hurdles has been mentioned for him and who could blame OM for aiming him at the Cleeve then this.

I was impressed with how he finished his last run at Ascot. Made loads of mistakes that many would have found race ending, finds 15L to power home on ground he wouldn't have wanted and it screamed want furthers on better ground over hurdles.

I expected him to be priced up around 80-100 so was pleasantly surprised to see such a large price. OM form is beyond dogshit and he could stay over fences, so factored in to price, but I thought it was big for a 7 year old that's clearly smart, things just haven't gone quite right.
                          Kevloaf I really like him. As above, 15 lengths down 2 out and he absolutely storms home, so I think he'll stay all day. Dashel Drasher further franked the form this weekend. He's a very good horse. I am really hoping for a big run in the Cleeve and genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he was there or there about at the end.

Stays all day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h18ZSxxoPA4

Last edited by charlie; 25 January 2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• ....Itchy Feet looks like it’s being supported in NRMB markets, into 20-1 with PP.

Comment

What do people think about Itchy Feet?

He's in the Cleeve Hurdle, best price 50/1 for this race but it's the 33/1 NRNB that interests me.

The obvious reason being, if he beats Paisley Park, he throws his hat in the ring....

He's placed in a Supreme and gone off favourite for the Marsh which included FAugheen, Melon and Samcro in the field.

Surely deserves a bit of respect here?

If he's well beaten, trainer seems inclined to skip Cheltenham for Aintree with the majority....

and a ridiculous angle.... the jockey might be in good form having just done something in the Ryanair the race before ? - Okay ignore this one.... the rest is sensible though?

I'm going to have 1.25 pts e/w on him at 33/1 NRNB
                              Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                              ....Itchy Feet looks like it’s being supported in NRMB markets, into 20-1 with PP.
                              Right, well that's just copying isn't it.

Of course, perhaps I'm not the only one that thought it within the last 60 minutes

Comment

Right, well that's just copying isn't it.

Of course, perhaps I'm not the only one that thought it within the last 60 minutes
                                This is the biggest compliment I can think of. Taking an hour off from this forum can cost you money.

Comment

Working...
                                X