Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Gold Cup 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes life easier for Boum. Would have been almost impossible giving 10lbs to Monalee.

Comment

• Thought Monalee would have taken his chance tbh, but yes should be ABP with his cigar out now on the track rather than in his stable

Comment

• I thought it was weird Monalee didn’t take his chance in the Savills but Brian Sheerin of the racing post just tweeted this

Henry de Bromhead reports Monalee will be out of action for the foreseeable future after picking up a knock.

More on @RacingPost soon.

Comment

• Sky still 5/1 any race Al Boum Photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanshepherd View Post
            Sky still 5/1 any race Al Boum Photo.
            The downside to this is you can't play each way nor can you include in multi's which is a real shame...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
              I thought it was weird Monalee didn’t take his chance in the Savills but Brian Sheerin of the racing post just tweeted this

Henry de Bromhead reports Monalee will be out of action for the foreseeable future after picking up a knock.

More on @RacingPost soon.
              CASHED MY MONALEE BETS for full stake. not sure if admin want to move this to OFTS thread or wait for further confirmation.

"Last season’s Gold Cup fourth Monalee is set for a spell on the sidelines and will not run for the "foreseeable future" after Henry de Bromhead revealed his Grade 1-winning chaser has suffered a setback.

Monalee had been on course to run in the King George at Kempton on St Stephen’s Day until new Covid-19 travel restrictions meant Irish horses could not participate in Britain over the festive period.

De Bromhead was understood to be rerouting Monalee to the Savills New Year's Day Chase at Tramore on January 1 when he would have faced dual Gold Cup hero Al Boum Photo. However, injury has cost him his place in the line-up.

The trainer said: “Unfortunately Monalee has suffered a bit of a knock. He has had a setback and won't run for the foreseeable future.”

Asked about the prognosis of the injury, De Bromhead added: “He will be out for a couple of months anyway and we are just waiting to get more information on it.”

The injury throws into doubt Monalee's participation in the Gold Cup in 11 weeks, a race in which he is a general 33-1 chance."

Comment

• Gold Cup favoruite runs today.... had to go back 3 pages to find this thread.

NRNB market.... any interest?

Al Boum Photo - 7/2
                Minella Indo - 7/1
                A Plus Tard - 9/1
                Santini - 10/1
                Champ - 10/1
                Frodon - 12/1
                Kemboy - 16/1
                Delta Work - 20/1
                Imperial Aura - 20/1
                Melon - 20/1
                Lostintranslation - 25/1
                Cyrname - 25/1
                Presenting Percy - 25/1
                Saint Calvados - 25/1
                Native River - 25/1
                Samcro - 33/1
                Battleoverdoyen - 33/1
                Allaho - 33/1
                Monalee - 33/1
                Vinndication - 40/1
                Real Steel - 50/1
                Carefully Selected - 66/1
                Salsaretta - 66/1 (lol)

Comment

• Samcro at 33/1 looks fair enough to me, considering I have him 33/1 without NRNB

Comment

• Of Champ, Henderson said in his Unibet blog: “I’m pleased to say that he is in excellent form and the obvious race would be the Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham on Festival Trials Day.

“It might have to be for Santini as well, but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, because there’s also the Denman Chase at Newbury in February.

“Champ is coming along great and Nico (de Boinville) had a spin on him on Christmas Eve and he’s been jumping very well.

“There is nothing else before the Cotswold Chase, so I’d imagine he’d have a racecourse gallop beforehand which should put him spot on.”

Comment

• I was hoping Delta Work would have been a bigger price. Seems to be a different horse with Jack onboard.

Comment

• What a race.

That got the pulse racing.
                        #

The 9/2 has gone, but 4/1 still available.

Wouldn't be surprised if you can get 4/1 NRNB at some point ...

I wonder what his SP would be, might be similar!

Comment

• Well, we learned that Al Boum still has 4 legs anyway...

Comment

• Thought he looked in trouble a couple out but his stamina really won him the race today and guess that's exactly what they wanted to see today.

Happy enough but wouldn't be rushing to top up. Considering he won't run again will he much shorter than 7/2 on the day?

Comment

• I can't take to the horse. A dual Gold Cup winner running round Tramore

It's no wonder the horse they refer to in the Donnelly colours is Shishkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                Thought he looked in trouble a couple out but his stamina really won him the race today and guess that's exactly what they wanted to see today.

Happy enough but wouldn't be rushing to top up. Considering he won't run again will he much shorter than 7/2 on the day?
                                Went off 10/3 last year, same as that maybe?

I'll end up with a nice return on him but not rushing.

Comment

Working...
                                X