Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Gold Cup 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ye really think Fakir stays 3 let alone the GC trip lads?

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

For me Allaho has bundles of class but might just lack the ability to strongly see out 3m
      Many have been that since the RSA, and some even before that, but it’s telling Mullins sends him here and that he’s so short in the market, 6/1 against what is effectively a Gold Cup field.
      I’ve always thought he’s be aimed at the big staying races this season and would only revert to the Ryanair is he proves himself a non stayer, a fascinating race...

Comment

• Absolutely fantastic race today. Great to see pretty much the best novices from last year against the established contenders. Personally expecting/hoping the up and comers come out on top today so we have some rivals to ABP. Winner must go close to joint favourite unless its very tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Many have been that since the RSA, and some even before that, but it’s telling Mullins sends him here and that he’s so short in the market, 6/1 against what is effectively a Gold Cup field.
          I’ve always thought he’s be aimed at the big staying races this season and would only revert to the Ryanair is he proves himself a non stayer, a fascinating race...
          Agree with that and said in the summer that he'd be in today's race to look at the stamina issue.

Comment

• I’m a massive Minella Indo fan and on him for the big one in March at a nice price. BUT I would love to see Melon & Samcro running a big race today. Using there 2 1/2 tactical speed and hopefully staying every inch!

Comment

• I’m all over Delta Work here. Solid e/w bet 5 places. Course form of 1114 (unbeaten over fences) and five time grade 1 winner. He’s always needs his first run to get him spot on for this. Jack will keep him wide to have a good look at his fences and will be coming home strongest of all imo. Minella main danger but the market suggests that.

Comment

• The Saville today just has to be the best NH field I have EVER seen put together in Ireland . The winner will go clear 2nd fav for the GC. Impossible to pick one though !!!! I'll go Samcro.

Comment

• I'd be gobsmacked if either Samcro or Melon win todays race.

My chin would probably be nipple level for a good hour.

Don't get me wrong, both could improve for the trip, but I just cannot fathom them winning

Comment

• Originally posted by Altior View Post
                    Do ye really think Fakir stays 3 let alone the GC trip lads?
                    He's never run over 3 miles but that doesn't mean he won't stay. Arguably his best performance was when winning the Drinmore over 2m 4f and he ran right through the line so I'm not sure stamina will be a problem.

He may not stay but on the flip side, he may improve bundles for the extra distance (he'll need to).

Sizing John improved loads for the step up in trip and I'm hoping FD can too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                      The Saville today just has to be the best NH field I have EVER seen put together in Ireland . The winner will go clear 2nd fav for the GC. Impossible to pick one though !!!! I'll go Samcro.
                      If Minella Indo wins impressively I think he might go favourite for the GC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        I'd be gobsmacked if either Samcro or Melon win todays race.

My chin would probably be nipple level for a good hour.

Don't get me wrong, both could improve for the trip, but I just cannot fathom them winning
                        Nor me ,which makes the race even more intriguing. Samcro 1st and clearly the Melon 2nd.

Comment

• When a race looks as good as the Savills there's always something in the back of my mind expecting a thoroughly unsatisfactory outcome. I think Minella Indo will either win impressively and really lay claim to the Gold Cup, or we'll all be left scraping our heads when an outsider like Melon/Fakir/Tornado Flyer win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                            The Saville today just has to be the best NH field I have EVER seen put together in Ireland . The winner will go clear 2nd fav for the GC. Impossible to pick one though !!!! I'll go Samcro.
                            When Kemboy won 2 years ago, he was the only one of the eleven runners who hadn't won a G1 chase. This is always a good race.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

When Kemboy won 2 years ago, he was the only one of the eleven runners who hadn't won a G1 chase. This is always a good race.
                              Who would your pick be today Arch. Don't bottle out. You must pick one.

Comment

• Allaho has been smashed in the betting hasn't he?

I'm getting tempted to chance Samcro.... multiple grade 1 winner at double figure price...
                                Then again, Kemboy is the same price and that's a big price too.

Delta Work can't be out of the 5 can he, with 5 places? He might be a bet to nothing? Then again....deeeeep race.

I don't know why I'm thinking about backing anything again

Comment

Working...
                                X