Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post

Yes we do ....... but is that justification to see him drift like a barge ???
    Would it not be fair to say he was inserted too short in the market, the price he is now is what he should have been before he ran on the flat?

The reason so many people are against him is price related, and he's disappointed on the flat since....

At the right price I'd back him, but he's easy to pick holes in still.

365 have pushed out Saint Roi and Epatante as well, so he's not alone.

Comment

• Maybe Goshen had the Telly on in his stable and after watching it, he's lied down, covered himself in hay and told Moore he's hibernating this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Personally, her performance today means Yes.
        Why does it bother you ?
        Back it again.
        Who said it bothered me ???? It's a discussion isn't it ???

Comment

Who said it bothered me ???? It's a discussion isn't it ???
          You're totally obsessed with question marks.

Comment

You're totally obsessed with question marks.
            Your totally obsessed with over hyping horses. She beat Sceau Royal for christ sake !!!

I do apologise for not agreeing with you hahahahaha

Comment

I do still really fancy Goshen. Feel like hes the forgotten horse just because of his flat runs.

Look at it a different way ....... Aspire Tower has beaten Abacadabras with season. Abacadabras has beaten Saint Roi.

Just look what Goshen was in the process of doing to aspire tower at Cheltenham.

If anything I feel as if he should have shortened in the betting but instead hes been pushed out to double figure odds. I think its madness
              He's not being 'forgotten' just because of his flat runs - he has loads of question to answer that do not justify a single figure price IMO.

We haven't seen him yet and don't know if he'll be able to compete in open company. Every year without fail these beast like juveniles fail to step up into open company and whilst I agree that what Aspire Tower has done since is encouraging, that's all it is, encouraging. So ability is a big question mark.

He keeps missing engagements which casts doubt over his wellbeing (regardless of what the stable say), which is another question mark.

He's far from mistake free and comes with his quirks, which is another question mark.

All these points matter ante post, big time. Personally, I think it's madness backing him at anything barring double figures.

Comment

I do still really fancy Goshen. Feel like hes the forgotten horse just because of his flat runs.
                I don’t disagree with this, however, I think if/when Moore sees a spark in the horse he’ll wrap him up and save him for the County...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I don’t disagree with this, however, I think if/when Moore sees a spark in the horse he’ll wrap him up and save him for the County...
                  Bloody hope not !!!

It's a two way thing for me I think. I genuinely believe he could be an absolute machine but I also really want him to win after what happened last year.

Comment

• Has Moore gone into partnership with Ruth Jefferson??

Comment

Your totally obsessed with over hyping horses. She beat Sceau Royal for christ sake !!!

Didn't think i'd been too effusive myself.

Unlike some.

Someone on the telly said it gave him shivers.
                      And another on the telly said she was bombproof.

That's over hyping.
                      But what do they know ??????????

Few question marks for you there (10 to be exact)

Ps.
                      I'm only messing about.
                      Good luck with Goshen

Comment

• Originally posted by riccirich View Post

im surprised to hear you talking about saint roi and aba as a "little exposed" and them needing things to go wrong for epatante already, they are both inexperieced and are not getting anything like their ideal race conditions in their races so far this season.
                        I’m going to have to disagree

Who are you comparing SR and Aba with when you said “both are inexperienced”, I’m assuming Epatante?

Saint Roi - 6 hurdle races
                        Aba - 7
                        Epatante - 7

... and do you think a race which fell apart, had a lose horse to dodge... properly didn’t go quick enough....was “idea race conditions” for Epatante

Ive not seen many horses be steered in and out like how she did and still win in that manner. She had plenty in hand

Epatante is a proper Grade 1 Champion

Aba is more experience than some will think - had plenty of bumper and hurdle runs. I don’t see much improvement coming from this horse - he’ll run up to his novice mark

Saint Roi, feel he has some improvement but still a lot before he gets close to where Epatante

Only danger to Epatante is Saldier, just because he could be anything and Mullins has the ability to get his hurdlers right. I still think Epatante wins this

Since Epatante introduction to open company, I’ve yet to see her run at 100%, she’s won her last 4 races with ease. Out of all of the champion hurdle contenders, she’s the one that could improve! She COULD be up there as one hell of a horse

Comment

name the 2 mile hurdler you’d like to see run again Epatante

GB - there is nothing over here that will beat her

Ire - she’s already beat Sharjah. Last years novices have all to prove still. Saldier is a cripple, and there’s a chance we won’t see him

you make it sounds like she’s been dodging competition, where the fact is... there’s not much there that could compete with her without the mares allowance never mind with it

Comment

Didn't think i'd been too effusive myself.

Unlike some.

Someone on the telly said it gave him shivers.
                            And another on the telly said she was bombproof.

That's over hyping.
                            But what do they know ??????????

Few question marks for you there (10 to be exact)

Ps.
                            I'm only messing about.
                            Good luck with Goshen
                            We here things from pundits all year long, year in year out. Instant reactions are a very dangerous things when it comes to having a bet.

In all honesty I dont listen to anything I hear and come to my own conclusions.

The fact is the best form of the race amounts to completely nothing and she's been clipped into 6/4 just on a visual beating to a horse that simply isn't upto champion hurdle class.

She won a shocking champion hurdle last year beating trees and beat nothing again today.

At the risk of being shot down ......... what has she ever actually beat ???????????????????????

Which ever way you look at it, if everything turns up on the day it's going to be the toughest test shes ever had by some way.

At 6/4 ..... I'll pass

Comment

• .... and just want to add, that performance today left a smile on my face

Some of us have been looking towards to supreme and the county for the most likely winner, she’s just come out and set a high marker for the rest to stare at, knowing that she’s got more to come

Can’t wait to re-watch the race. It’s a pleasure and a treat when a good one like her runs

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post

I’m going to have to disagree

Who are you comparing SR and Aba with when you said “both are inexperienced”, I’m assuming Epatante?

Saint Roi - 6 hurdle races
                                Aba - 7
                                Epatante - 7

... and do you think a race which fell apart, had a lose horse to dodge... properly didn’t go quick enough....was “idea race conditions” for Epatante

Ive not seen many horses be steered in and out like how she did and still win in that manner. She had plenty in hand

Epatante is a proper Grade 1 Champion

Aba is more experience than some will think - had plenty of bumper and hurdle runs. I don’t see much improvement coming from this horse - he’ll run up to his novice mark

Saint Roi, feel he has some improvement but still a lot before he gets close to where Epatante

Only danger to Epatante is Saldier, just because he could be anything and Mullins has the ability to get his hurdlers right. I still think Epatante wins this

Since Epatante introduction to open company, I’ve yet to see her run at 100%, she’s won her last 4 races with ease. Out of all of the champion hurdle contenders, she’s the one that could improve! She COULD be up there as one hell of a horse
                                I meant inexperienced as in its their first season in open company and both have only had two runs in open company, and in saint roi's case he is a year younger than epatante, so imo opinion it is waaayyy to early to be using a word like exposed about either of them.

And tbh I dont see how the race falling apart was more of a disadvantage to her than any of the others?
                                it meant she had to face two less rivals, and her main challenger had to make the running when he never usually does? As for the interference sceau royal suffered more from the loose horse didnt he? Of course I agree he didnt help either of them but I dont think he BADLY interfered with either of them.

And once again im not disputing that epatante is very good, but the general view before today was that while epatante was the right fave, she didnt set a standard that was unbeatable, and im not not sure why a four length beating of sceau royal(as visually impressive as it was) should change that.

Comment

Working...
                                X