Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horses at the top of the betting for the Ballymore (best RPR/Timeform)

Ferny Hollow 141/123
    Appreciate It 138/119
    Ballyadam 125/101p
    Forged In Fire 129/109
    Eskylane 134/114
    Farouk D'Alene 126/105p
    Bob Olinger 135/107p

and, for comparison
    Captain Kangaroo 127/105p
    Kilcruit 123/100p

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Horses at the top of the betting for the Ballymore (best RPR/Timeform)

Ferny Hollow 141/123
      Appreciate It 138/119
      Ballyadam 125/101p
      Forged In Fire 129/109
      Eskylane 134/114
      Farouk D'Alene 126/105p
      Bob Olinger 135/107p

and, for comparison
      Captain Kangaroo 127/105p
      Kilcruit 123/100p
      Thanks archie.

How much emphasis do you put on number of runs had? I see the top two (both form WPM) and Eskylane have at least double (sometimes more) the amount of runs under rules to perform better RPR's and Timeform figures from. Bob Olinger the only one to hit 130's (RPR) for those less experienced. Forged In Fire (another I like as it were to happen) hitting the Timeform high of 109 of the less experienced.

Improvement is expected from, I imagine, all of them, but they must be in different stages of their development just based on actual race runs.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Thanks archie.

How much emphasis do you put on number of runs had? I see the top two (both form WPM) and Eskylane have at least double (sometimes more) the amount of runs under rules to perform better RPR's and Timeform figures from. Bob Olinger the only one to hit 130's (RPR) for those less experienced. Forged In Fire (another I like as it were to happen) hitting the Timeform high of 109 of the less experienced.

Improvement is expected from, I imagine, all of them, but they must be in different stages of their development just based on actual race runs.
        As you say, horses tend to mature/improve at different times and different rates. The number of runs is relevant more from the experience of going racing and the mental process involved so, in those terms, I'd tend to lump PtP and NHF runs together.

We all quote ratings that support our own subjective views but with so little direct form to go on it's quite difficult to compare individual performances. As I said earlier, the end of season winner's bumpers were a big loss in getting a feel for how the individual strands of form compare.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          We all quote ratings that support our own subjective views but with so little direct form to go on it's quite difficult to compare individual performances. As I said earlier, the end of season winner's bumpers were a big loss in getting a feel for how the individual strands of form compare.
          Agree with this, it is rather difficult right now to have any sort of gauge about where we really do stand with them, though I'm happy to build a picture with the evidence we have, and of course you may well do the opposite and wait, which is absolutely fair enough.

Comment

Ballyadam looks a stayer, Bartlett horse I think

Comment

Originally posted by hardheld View Post
              Ballyadam looks a stayer, Bartlett horse I think
              Plenty of stamina in his pedigree for sure, I certainly haven't discounted him from ending up in the Bartlett

Comment

Certainly on breeding his dams sire Bob back loves the Bartlett.

Think Sir Gerhard will be CP ballymore horse

Comment

If I was really attempting the impossible and trying to predict CP runners next year I'd probably have Sir Gerhard in the Supreme myself as I'm not confident Malone Road will make it back to the track. It will be interesting how they approach things now that they will have multiple horses in the same division. Will they try and split them or run them in the right race regardless? I'm sure the trainers who have more than one horse will try and split them for sure.

Supreme
                  SIR GERHARD
                  GLOIRE D’ATHON

Ballymore
                  BALLYADAM
                  FERNY HOLLOW

Albert Bartlett
                  DEPLOY THE GETAWAY

Comment

Comment

Ballyadam - Martin Pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        If I was really attempting the impossible and trying to predict CP runners next year I'd probably have Sir Gerhard in the Supreme myself as I'm not confident Malone Road will make it back to the track. It will be interesting how they approach things now that they will have multiple horses in the same division. Will they try and split them or run them in the right race regardless? I'm sure the trainers who have more than one horse will try and split them for sure.

Supreme
                        SIR GERHARD
                        GLOIRE D’ATHON

Ballymore
                        BALLYADAM
                        FERNY HOLLOW

Albert Bartlett
                        DEPLOY THE GETAWAY
                        I think it will be a splitting job by the trainers. Given the early money for Ferny Hollow in the Supreme (usually happens with the Bumper winner tbf) it may suggest that ones path.

Deploy The Getaway could go for either as could Ballyadam and others. Must be a high chance one of the unraced under rules ends up in the bumper. Not site if CP have other options for this?

Comment

I think it will be a splitting job by the trainers. Given the early money for Ferny Hollow in the Supreme (usually happens with the Bumper winner tbf) it may suggest that ones path.

Deploy The Getaway could go for either as could Ballyadam and others. Must be a high chance one of the unraced under rules ends up in the bumper. Not site if CP have other options for this?
                          There has been a little bit of money for Sir Gerhard in the champion bumper so maybe they are thinking of going down that route with him at present. All subject to change 10 months out of course!

Comment

They may hold back Sir Gerhard or Deploy The Getaway but for me that would be a waste given their age and the fact they were bought to jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                              There has been a little bit of money for Sir Gerhard in the champion bumper so maybe they are thinking of going down that route with him at present. All subject to change 10 months out of course!
                              It would seem crazy to me to go for the Champion bumper but then, on paper, it does appear they'll have a strong hand in the novice hurdle division.

If I owned him he'd be going over hurdles as quick as possible to try and recoup the fee but they are a different beast with a huge budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                It would seem crazy to me to go for the Champion bumper but then, on paper, it does appear they'll have a strong hand in the novice hurdle division.

If I owned him he'd be going over hurdles as quick as possible to try and recoup the fee but they are a different beast with a huge budget.
                                Totally agree with this FM, he has pretty much missed a season already as imo he was likely to race at Punch in a bumper.

See absolutely no point wasting another season on the flat when they are bought for jumping.

He’d be 7 going over obstacles, can’t see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X