Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malone Road now into 12/1 with Paddy Power for Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Malone Road now into 12/1 with Paddy Power for Supreme.
      Left him at 16’s any race tho...

Comment

Malone Road now into 12/1 with Paddy Power for Supreme.
        28/1 is looking a steal now and all the cuts due to him being a none runner! Imagine if he had run and won by 5 lengths! Lol what would he be single figures? Bookies have gone mad

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          'Racing is about ifs and buts'.... okay.....We gamble on it though don't we?... so the 'ifs and buts' need to be assessed in terms of the odds. I don't think you make that connection though having discussed multiple points with you over the 18 months you've been here.

It is baffling me, that you put that much importance on the age?! How have any 5 year olds won a Champion Hurdle if they are just boys up against men? I can't believe you're using that as the defense. Do you genuinly believe Malone Road is more likely to win the Champion Hurdle than Goshen because of his age?

Why are you convinced they wouldn't run two in the same race too? (that is IF Ballyadam and Ferny Hollow get there AND are good enough - as well as the IF's for Ferny Hollow) Why would they throw any of the 3 in the CH? There is no evidence to go on that they'd want to do that? There is genuinly more chance Envoi Allen runs in the CH than Malone Road.

The talk shouldn't be wasted, you should be opening your mind a bit. You don't HAVE to be a stubborn old goat you know
          "Stubborn old goat" - even with the emoji is that necessary?

Words like "ageist" and "getting a tad personal" spring readily to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post

Which bit do you think Lobos would be most offended by ?

"Stubborn"

"Old"

"Goat"

He's definitely two of those.
            Although the Old can be subjective.
            And the stubborn occasional.

Almost certainly not a goat though.

And pretty sure he's not offended also, as Kev well knows.

If you're offended.
            I'd find that strange.

Comment

I wouldn’t take any notice bud. Kev and Lobos have had a ‘will they, won’t they’ type thing on here for a while. A love/hate relationship

I’m sure no offence was intended/taken

Comment

The emoji is to try and create the right tone, and I picked old goat as Lobos has referred to himself as that on here before, so I anticipate it was taken in the right way.

Comment

• Absolutely not offended at all. I do love a good old debate and Kev does too. It's what forums are for. For the record I am old...ish (57), wouldn't call myself stubborn but that's probably because I'm stubborn. Not sure I look like a goat though .

Comment

Absolutely not offended at all. I do love a good old debate and Kev does too. It's what forums are for. For the record I am old...ish (57), wouldn't call myself stubborn but that's probably because I'm stubborn. Not sure I look like a goat though .
                    If you pull off the £250K multiple then you’ll be considered a G.O.A.T

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      If you pull off the £250K multiple then you’ll be considered a G.O.A.T
                      I'll go along with that.

In respect of the £250k challenge........I need Billaway to be priced up with the bookies you guys use. Not trying to give away one of my selections of course.......
                      Last edited by Lobos; 11 August 2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I'll go along with that.

In respect of the £250k challenge........I need Billaway to be priced up with the bookies you guys use. Not trying to give away one of my selections of course.......
                        I've got the perfect 250k G.O.A.T Festival Double for Lobos.

STUBBORN: 10-year-old maiden hurdler trained in France by Robert Collet. Fell last time in a 2m hurdle race at Auteuil in 2014. Obviously being plotted for next year's Supreme. Odds at least 5000-1

OLD GOAT: American bred by Olden Times. This dark horse will appropriately be aged 51 next year and looks to have been laid out for the National Hunt Chase. You can forget Billaway - this is the one to be on Lobos. Odds: Name your price.

PS: Sorry for having a dig at Kev - didn't know you two were on such close barbed banter terms.

Love to all.

Comment

• That’s brilliant NC, love it

Comment

I've got the perfect 250k G.O.A.T Festival Double for Lobos.

STUBBORN: 10-year-old maiden hurdler trained in France by Robert Collet. Fell last time in a 2m hurdle race at Auteuil in 2014. Obviously being plotted for next year's Supreme. Odds at least 5000-1

OLD GOAT: American bred by Olden Times. This dark horse will appropriately be aged 51 next year and looks to have been laid out for the National Hunt Chase. You can forget Billaway - this is the one to be on Lobos. Odds: Name your price.

PS: Sorry for having a dig at Kev - didn't know you two were on such close barbed banter terms.

Love to all.

As well as perhaps:

BURY THE HATCHET: 16 now, and only 1 win from 13 PTP starts, but a crack at the Foxhunters with a top pilot booked and this will all be forgotten.

Bury The Hatchet statistics and form. View results and future entries as well as statistics by course, race type and prize money.

Comment

• Keep them coming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                I wouldn't worry, as by the time this specific debate has been ironed out...

He'll be out for the season again.
                                Wish we had an upvote function on the site, Q your posts crease me up

Comment

Working...
                                X