Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

I think Stattler should have that one covered for the owner NW.

Not with Henderson of course, with Mullins but he looks every inch a Bartlett horse.
    Yeah, Bartlett or a handicap like the Pipe is my guess on him

I actually really like him.
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 6 November 2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I've backed Dusart for the Ballymore purely based on my own opinions, that I think he will be better the further he goes. But I always think NJH likes to run his good ones in the Supreme and don't think he'd be averse to running him and FS against each other if both are good enough. I think any race cover is essential if you are backing the horse!

Comment

• Why all the talk about Dusart stepping up in trip? He has had one run in which there was no evidence whatsoever that he needs to step up in trip. He was always travelling well and was always going to win on quick ground on a track that provides nothing like the same stamina test as Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Why all the talk about Dusart stepping up in trip? He has had one run in which there was no evidence whatsoever that he needs to step up in trip. He was always travelling well and was always going to win on quick ground on a track that provides nothing like the same stamina test as Cheltenham.
          So you think its a certainty he goes for the Supreme then kb?

I think its only natural people will take about both novice races after such a taking performance on debut. Especially one with his breeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
            Why all the talk about Dusart stepping up in trip? He has had one run in which there was no evidence whatsoever that he needs to step up in trip. He was always travelling well and was always going to win on quick ground on a track that provides nothing like the same stamina test as Cheltenham.
            I agree KB.

I think the only reasons Dusart is being talked about up in trip at the moment is purely a breeding thing, and because of Simonsig, but Nico said they are two very different types. The performance did not scream a horse that needed to go up in trip at this stage. Obviously couldn't rule it out in time, but I'm happy with my tickets on him in the Supreme.

If I had to draw comparisons I'd say he was more in the mould of Altior than say Shishskin or Simonsig.

Comment

• N'Golo, Eskylane and Wide Receiver all declared for 2 mile For Auction Novice Hurdle at Navan on Sunday. Traditionally a decent Supreme 'trial'.
              Last edited by Lobos; 6 November 2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post

I get the breeding SW but I don't get the size and scope. The race was run at a crawl today and he seemed all speed at the end. Don't want to get into speed/stamina for Supreme/Ballymore
                Dusart looks potentially a class operator.

He could run over 2M or 2M-plus.

I wouldnt think the connections are fussed either way at this point just pleased they have a good horse to map a plan for.

The size and scope note was based on the horse looking taller/bigger than those he raced with and that at the hurdles he generally had a large span/stride over those hurdles leaving me with the impression that he had a large stride length.
                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 6 November 2020, 10:19 AM.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Bothwell Bridge won well enough there in what probably wasn't the strongest of races. However it is another boost to the Boothill bumper form that's now the 2nd, 3rd and 5th that have come out and won.

Comment

• It does indeed Taylor but check out Bothwell Bridges other bumper. He was runner up to Third Time Lucki, 4th in Champion Bumper, whose already been out over hurdles and won twice. That form starting to look half decent. Note Third Time Lucki form about to be tested again in the 12.50 today - Ocean Drifter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I agree KB.

I think the only reasons Dusart is being talked about up in trip at the moment is purely a breeding thing, and because of Simonsig, but Nico said they are two very different types. The performance did not scream a horse that needed to go up in trip at this stage. Obviously couldn't rule it out in time, but I'm happy with my tickets on him in the Supreme.

If I had to draw comparisons I'd say he was more in the mould of Altior than say Shishskin or Simonsig.
                      Would you not say he was doing his best work at the end of the race though? The closer to the finish line they got the more he pulled out and he hit the line very strongly. I know you'll need that in the Supreme too but I also can't get away from the Flemensfirth breeding either and that is folly to ignore. I could well be wrong like a lot of my predictions but he'll only carry my cash for the Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        N'Golo, Eskylane and Wide Receiver all declared for 2 mile For Auction Novice Hurdle at Navan on Sunday. Traditionally a decent Supreme 'trial'.
                        Wide Receiver is interesting for all the wrong reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

Would you not say he was doing his best work at the end of the race though? The closer to the finish line they got the more he pulled out and he hit the line very strongly. I know you'll need that in the Supreme too but I also can't get away from the Flemensfirth breeding either and that is folly to ignore. I could well be wrong like a lot of my predictions but he'll only carry my cash for the Ballymore.
                          I don't think they went a real clip like they would in a Supreme, which I think would benefit him massively, if anything I think given how he quickened up at the finish after such a slowly run race was more Supreme than Ballymore myself.

Could go either way currently, obviously I'm sitting here hoping it is the Supreme as I managed a 50/1 ticket for him. I might just add him for smaller stakes for the Ballymore as I did really like that performance.

Comment

• I'm struggling to get as excited as some of you guys with Dusart. As a trial the race was a bit of a non-entity. Sure they came away from the field but essentially Dusart beat Soaring Glory in a sprint. It was no kind of test at all, and no indicator of what trip either is likely to get. It's also possible that a fast run race could have produced a different result.

The novice hurdles look like a deep division, and splitting horses into the Supreme, Ballymore, and Albert Bartlett is tough at the the best of times, all the way to final decs normally. For those that are enthusiastic about him I'd think he's an any race option, but nominating a target for him feels way too early. All yesterday proved is he has a better turn of foot than another horse that may or may not even be good enough to line up at the Festival. For now at best I'd have him on a watchlist to see how he performs next time out.
                            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by OscarWhisky View Post
                              It does indeed Taylor but check out Bothwell Bridges other bumper. He was runner up to Third Time Lucki, 4th in Champion Bumper, whose already been out over hurdles and won twice. That form starting to look half decent. Note Third Time Lucki form about to be tested again in the 12.50 today - Ocean Drifter.
                              Third Time Lucki been given a mark of 129. They must be tempted by the Greatwood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

Third Time Lucki been given a mark of 129. They must be tempted by the Greatwood.
                                He's not entered unless they can supplement. There is a more valuable 2m handicap in December at Ascot that I think would be more worthwhile and still allow for bigger targets later in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X