Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
    Darver Star going chasing (Arkle)

https://bit.ly/2QYsfQS
    Blimey he’ll be 9 going into the Arkle.
    Highly rated and lightly raced for his age though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
      Darver Star going chasing (Arkle)

https://bit.ly/2QYsfQS
      Best price 33/1

4L behind Envoi Allen
      0.5L behind Honeysuckle

Went off 17/2 in a Champion Hurdle.

Have to admit I'm tempted to add him in the Arkle with PP (who do offer cash out).

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Best price 33/1

4L behind Envoi Allen
        0.5L behind Honeysuckle

Went off 17/2 in a Champion Hurdle.

Have to admit I'm tempted to add him in the Arkle with PP (who do offer cash out).
        I’m in. I like that.

Comment

....Cornerstone Lad looks like another to go chasing:

Fighting Fifth Hurdle winner Cornerstone Lad is set embark on a novice chasing campaign next season, with trainer Micky Hammond looking forward to seeing how he fares.

Comment

Nicky Henderson is confident there are more big days ahead for Altior, although he regrets running against Cyrname in the race-of-the-ages clash at... Read More

Everything that could've possibly gone wrong did go wrong in the Supreme but he still won," said Henderson. "He was in a hopeless position but the great thing with him is that he's got gears and class, when you've got them they can get you out of trouble.
            "I would've thought he'd go chasing now, him and the third Chantry House who is a nice horse too. Shishkin will stay at two miles, and Allart [fifth], but Chantry House will probably want further."

Comment

Noticed he made mention to Angels Breath which is very encouraging indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                Noticed he made mention to Angels Breath which is very encouraging indeed!
                Yes what a horse he could be.
                The fact Nicky started him off in a grade 2 says it all, and his two chase starts were very good. All his wins have been right handed so it’s possible he’s better that way round but only a small sample to go at, at this stage. Definitely one to keep on side.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                  Yes what a horse he could be.
                  The fact Nicky started him off in a grade 2 says it all, and his two chase starts were very good. All his wins have been right handed so it’s possible he’s better that way round but only a small sample to go at, at this stage. Definitely one to keep on side.
                  I really hope Angels Breath makes a full recovery. He had 2 really promising races last season before that freakish injury. He was a big ante post blow but I be very excited about seeing him back on a race course, he appeared to have it all as a chaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                    https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...chasing/430471

Everything that could've possibly gone wrong did go wrong in the Supreme but he still won," said Henderson. "He was in a hopeless position but the great thing with him is that he's got gears and class, when you've got them they can get you out of trouble.
                    "I would've thought he'd go chasing now, him and the third Chantry House who is a nice horse too. Shishkin will stay at two miles, and Allart [fifth], but Chantry House will probably want further."
                    Still seemingly covering all bases with Shishkin. If the owner is leaving all the decisions to the trainer then surely the trainer knows what he wants to do with the horse?

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                      Still seemingly covering all bases with Shishkin. If the owner is leaving all the decisions to the trainer then surely the trainer knows what he wants to do with the horse?
                      He might school like a snooker table.

I don't think he can be any clearer about the target being the Arkle personally.... but plenty of time to waste debating where horses might go though at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                        https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...chasing/430471

...it’s probably me, but I find the Allart situation a little unclear.

I’m sure Henderson recently suggested Allart has ‘unfinished business over hurdles’. I think the above quote refers to it staying at 2miles. So 2 mile hurdle targets for Allart.

Comment

He might school like a snooker table.

I don't think he can be any clearer about the target being the Arkle personally.... but plenty of time to waste debating where horses might go though at the moment.
                          How about the phrase 'he will be going chasing'? I haven't backed him for anything but if I had done I would prefer that line.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                            How about the phrase 'he will be going chasing'? I haven't backed him for anything but if I had done I would prefer that line.
                            Well that'd be 'he will be going chasing unless he schools like a snooker table'.

I know you won't be backing him now regardless, but I'm not that bothered about what Hendo says either.

If they did declare him as going chasing he'd get cut again now in reality which is mental, but true. Unfortunately, I think he'll be shorter than 6/1 by the time he makes his chase debut.

If Epatante and Buveur D'air get retired/die over the summer, that'd probably change my opinion on where Shishkin might end up too, despite different ownership.

Comment

Well that'd be 'he will be going chasing unless he schools like a snooker table'.

I know you won't be backing him now regardless, but I'm not that bothered about what Hendo says either.

If they did declare him as going chasing he'd get cut again now in reality which is mental, but true. Unfortunately, I think he'll be shorter than 6/1 by the time he makes his chase debut.

If Epatante and Buveur D'air get retired/die over the summer, that'd probably change my opinion on where Shishkin might end up too, despite different ownership.
                              Shishkin 16-1 Champion Hurdle is probably a better value bet than 5-1 Arkle. I reckon.
                              Although it's probably wiser to wait till his fences debut. As it may be nearer 20-1 or bigger on exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                Shishkin 16-1 Champion Hurdle is probably a better value bet than 5-1 Arkle. I reckon.
                                Although it's probably wiser to wait till his fences debut. As it may be nearer 20-1 or bigger on exchanges.
                                Yes, you could be right with that.

It's definitely something I'll consider during his chase debut!

Comment

Working...
                                X