Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    What would your views on him given he will be 9 next festival? Many will quickly say Faugheen was 12 this year etc but he was a class act and didn't need to produce his best to feature amongst novices.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
      Cheers Archie, looks like they are keen to step him up in trip, scaled back my Arkle bet as a result

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
        What would your views on him given he will be 9 next festival? Many will quickly say Faugheen was 12 this year etc but he was a class act and didn't need to produce his best to feature amongst novices.
        I'd be inclined to think that they reckon he's gone as far as he can in graded hurdles with good youngsters coming through and handicaps off 159 will be difficult. If he's schooled ok then why not give it a go as reverting to hurdles is still an option.

Comment

• Patrick Mullins (when asked for one horse he’s most looking forward to next season) ‘I think Appreciate It. Going over jumps and stepping up in trip. I can’t wait to see him over fences and 3 miles. I think he’s a bit special.’

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
            Patrick Mullins (when asked for one horse he’s most looking forward to next season) ‘I think Appreciate It. Going over jumps and stepping up in trip. I can’t wait to see him over fences and 3 miles. I think he’s a bit special.’
            ...the 20-1 Albert Bartlett might get nibbled at now.

Comment

• Carefully Selected Mk2?

Comment

• I think 2021 will be my first year moving onto singles on the exchange as an antepost play. Will still do the multis on the main books but keen to get on the singles this year as that has been laking from my book until now.

Comment

• "This year" <--- Well in 11 months time....

Comment

• Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
                    I think 2021 will be my first year moving onto singles on the exchange as an antepost play. Will still do the multis on the main books but keen to get on the singles this year as that has been laking from my book until now.
                    I don’t disagree CHG, but in the back of my mind I know that the exchanges are full of people who know alot more than me especially regarding a horses wellbeing and target, so what appears great value could easily be the less scrupulous taking advantage.
                    Obviously this far out no NRNB exists anyway so the risk is the same but I’d start seeing a red flag if orders kept getting taken...

Comment

• FLY SMART
                      Patrick Mullins ‘He’s a horse of Rich’s, has very good form in France, got a few little setbacks this year, nothing major but enough not to get to the track so we’ll go novice hurdling next year but he’s a horse that we like a lot.’

AIONE
                      Patrick Mullins (is he going over fences) ‘Oh definitely, he’s a ready made chaser, 16 2, 16 3, he’s a big strong horse. He’d be one I might have my eye on for the 4 miler maybe.’

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                        FLY SMART
                        Patrick Mullins ‘He’s a horse of Rich’s, has very good form in France, got a few little setbacks this year, nothing major but enough not to get to the track so we’ll go novice hurdling next year but he’s a horse that we like a lot.’

AIONE
                        Patrick Mullins (is he going over fences) ‘Oh definitely, he’s a ready made chaser, 16 2, 16 3, he’s a big strong horse. He’d be one I might have my eye on for the 4 miler maybe.’

https://youtu.be/5jwSeIWHItU
                        The presenters butchered the pronunciation of a horse I put up the other day (Gaillard Du Mesnil) and confused Patrick into talking about another horse

Seems like my shortlist was popular as they also brought up Aione as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          The presenters butchered the pronunciation of a horse I put up the other day (Gaillard Du Mesnil) and confused Patrick into talking about another horse

Seems like my shortlist was popular as they also brought up Aione as well.
                          Good early shout on Aione. The 66/1 will soon be gone.

Comment

• You won’t get a better bit of info than that over the summer.... all aboard Aione.... lump on!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                              You won’t get a better bit of info than that over the summer.... all aboard Aione.... lump on!
                              ....80-1 available with Ladbrokes boost, looks like 66-1 now gone with cash-back option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                ....80-1 available with Ladbrokes boost, looks like 66-1 now gone with cash-back option.
                                I missed the 80/1 by seconds. It was in my betslip, deposited the money and they'd halved the price

Had 0.5pt on B365

Comment

Working...
                                X