Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite putting him up a month or so ago, I've not even put a bean on yet as I figured nothing would change for a while!

I think I need to keep my mouth shut and not post on here until I've got my bets on. I'm in no way some expert tipster but I've noticed that a few horses I've been mentioning suddenly appear in the markets before I even add them. Most are under the radar too and have no real visibility on any platforms. I would not be surprised if the guys doing that interview with Patrick lifted Aione and Gaillard Du Mesnil from this forum.
    Last edited by JackieMoon33; 23 April 2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Despite putting him up a month or so ago, I've not even put a bean on yet as I figured nothing would change for a while!
      ... You would have thought so , But a funny old world we're in at the mo.
      I am surprised how quickly some prices are getting cut .
      Lots of people with time on their hands.

Comment

Despite putting him up a month or so ago, I've not even put a bean on yet as I figured nothing would change for a while!

I think I need to keep my mouth shut and not post on here until I've got my bets on. I'm in no way some expert tipster but I've noticed that a few horses I've been mentioning suddenly appear in the markets before I even add them. Most are under the radar too and have no real visibility on any platforms. I would not be surprised if the guys doing that interview with Patrick lifted Aione and Gaillard Du Mesnil from this forum.
        JM - I had this concern at points last season too. I won't mention a horse until I've got what I want on now. Nothing more frustrating than liking one and missing the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          JM - I had this concern at points last season too. I won't mention a horse until I've got what I want on now. Nothing more frustrating than liking one and missing the price.
          Lesson learned and a schoolboy error on my part

Comment

Lesson learned and a schoolboy error on my part
            To be fair Jackie any normal season I think price would likely of held till late summer. Surely interviewing Patrick in April about plans for next season is purely as a result of the current situation and is highly unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              To be fair Jackie any normal season I think price would likely of held till late summer. Surely interviewing Patrick in April about plans for next season is purely as a result of the current situation and is highly unusual.
              It's most definitely unusual for sure and you can see tipsters and pundits putting out 'Horses to follow' or 'Top 10/20' lists way earlier than other years too.

I'm actually more frustrated at the presenters butchering the pronunciation of Gaillard Du Mesnil as I'd have loved to hear what Patrick had to say on him. But it seems they lazily mentioned the horse without bothering to do any form of research. This is what makes me think that they lifted it from my post as that particular horse is not really in the mainstream chatter anywhere.

Comment

• I would suggest the less a horse is talked about the more connections want to keep the abilities under wraps...

Comment

• Not strictly a trainer Quote , but Henrietta Knight done a Q&A for tomorrow's digital RP. Touches on Best mate regular as you'd expect,when asked about "Your Darling" disappointing run at Warwick(Who she sourced for those unaware)she mentions he was found to have an infection in his lungs. Since gone to hers for extended summer holiday, will go novice hurdling and will be "suited by longer distances", found that interesting as Ben mentioned sticking to 2M when hurdling. Goes on to say "we schooled him before going out to grass and he is a phenomenal jumper" . Loosely compares similarities with Best mate having had various racecourse outings before debut and she loves his temperament and very excited etc.
                  Last edited by Outlaw; 23 April 2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    Not strictly a trainer Quote , but Henrietta Knight done a Q&A for tomorrow's digital RP. Touches on Best mate regular as you'd expect,when asked about "Your Darling" disappointing run at Warwick(Who she sourced for those unaware)she mentions he was found to have an infection in his lungs. Since gone to hers for extended summer holiday, will go novice hurdling and will be "suited by longer distances", found that interesting as Ben mentioned sticking to 2M when hurdling. Goes on to say "we schooled him before going out to grass and he is a phenomenal jumper" . Loosely compares similarities with Best mate having had various racecourse outings before debut and she loves his temperament and very excited etc.
                    Hasn't she already talked the horse up after he won at Newbury? By Newbury standards I am not sure that race was up to much. The second was hyped up on pedigree and probably went on to beat not much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                      Hasn't she already talked the horse up after he won at Newbury? By Newbury standards I am not sure that race was up to much. The second was hyped up on pedigree and probably went on to beat not much at all.
                      She did source him so possibly... too early to say what beat what. Looked very tidy on debut and a reason for nto, she's been trusted with a few big money buys of late and only time will tell but she seems to have plenty of faith in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                        She did source him so possibly... too early to say what beat what. Looked very tidy on debut and a reason for nto, she's been trusted with a few big money buys of late and only time will tell but she seems to have plenty of faith in him.
                        He was put in at around 2/5 for that Warwick race which looked ridiculously short. Personally, I think at least the front three might well be above average and consequently even had he been at his best he would have struggled to concede a penalty.

It will be interesting to see how those purchases turn out. I have already commented elsewhere that on the bare evidence Gallyhill looks very expensive.

Comment

• Where do we see honeysuckle going next year ? Is she likely to return to mares hurdle or go chasing ?

Comment

• Originally posted by George196 View Post
                            Where do we see honeysuckle going next year ? Is she likely to return to mares hurdle or go chasing ?
                            Or Champion Hurdle....

Comment

• Originally posted by George196 View Post
                              Where do we see honeysuckle going next year ? Is she likely to return to mares hurdle or go chasing ?
                              Hopefully chasing. Why waste another season over hurdles.
                              Can’t see the champion hurdle myself.

Comment

• I would say it is long odds on that Honeysuckle remains over hurdles and returns for the Mares Hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                                X