Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great write up NC. I've had my eye on him and feel I need to back him sooner or later, the lurkers might nice the price

Seriously though, if they decide to target the Pertemps he would be a single figure price given his Cheltenham record.

Comment

• Would Discorama have the pace for the Pertemps?? I know a number of chasers go for it as prep runs for future races and to be more competitive off a hurdle mark but most of the are middle distance chasers like The Storyteller. Discorama is more effective 3 miles plus so not sure if he’d have the pace to be effective over 3 mile hurdle race??

Comment

• There was a discussion in here recently about including D Tump to win the next US Presidential election with any Cheltenham selections as a price push, whilst searching some NFL prices yesterday I saw Trump was now 1/2 to win, he is still (as at last night) 10/11 with UK bookies.
        Whilst they let you do this it seems a sound strategy to turn a 10/1 shot into 19/1, 16/1 into 30/1 etc...
        Last edited by Istabraq; 30 April 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there has been much movement on the Hills any race market? I’m not a big a fan as many as would much prefer to back a horse for two obvious targets and have cash out option. That said for horses that are being geared towards handicaps in particular there are often some good opportunities throughout the season. The Discorama angle is a nice one but a bit too early for me to be getting involved without cash out

Comment

• I’m amazed he’s still as short as he is too win the next presidential election, I think it’s too risky a bet given the death rate and nonsense he keeps spouting at his briefings

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Does anyone know if there has been much movement on the Hills any race market? I’m not a big a fan as many as would much prefer to back a horse for two obvious targets and have cash out option. That said for horses that are being geared towards handicaps in particular there are often some good opportunities throughout the season. The Discorama angle is a nice one but a bit too early for me to be getting involved without cash out
              I haven’t noticed much movement except the horses discussed on this forum!! More horses are being added by the day to the markets too.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                I’m amazed he’s still as short as he is too win the next presidential election, I think it’s too risky a bet given the death rate and nonsense he keeps spouting at his briefings
                Again, you need to understand the intelligence of your average American to understand the value of the bet.
                Getting people back to work and the economy moving is far more important to the vast majority of Americans than death count, and the timing of getting the economy back on track fits well with the voting timeline.
                Every chance he’ll be 1/4 come polling day.
                Also, wasn’t the last president to only serve one terms Jimmy Carter in the 70s ? I could be wrong...

Comment

Does anyone know if there has been much movement on the Hills any race market? I’m not a big a fan as many as would much prefer to back a horse for two obvious targets and have cash out option. That said for horses that are being geared towards handicaps in particular there are often some good opportunities throughout the season. The Discorama angle is a nice one but a bit too early for me to be getting involved without cash out
                  Theres been a few nibbles. Ballyadam 14s > 7s, Monkfish 10 > 11/2, EA 9/4 > 2/1, Ferny Hollow 10 > 8/1 Appreciate it 10 > 9/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                    Theres been a few nibbles. Ballyadam 14s > 7s, Monkfish 10 > 11/2, EA 9/4 > 2/1, Ferny Hollow 10 > 8/1 Appreciate it 10 > 9/1
                    HE - are you tracking these ?
                    Well worth getting a thread up of you are, there’s already one for normal markets...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      HE - are you tracking these ?
                      Well worth getting a thread up of you are, there’s already one for normal markets...
                      That's a good shout, I cant get on with B365 so do check the hills TWAR markets probably once every other day. I will update it (as can anyone else who notices anything before I do) - I will do that today - How do I set up a thread?

... ignore that. I'll set it up.
                      Last edited by Hardy Eustace; 30 April 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Stay strong.
                        In my opinion a horse like Discorama will be available at a decent price when NRNB or an update is out about him.
                        He's fairly under the radar and low profile....

I like the shout a lot, one of the better any race punts I've seen a case made for... but I think any other year I'd leave it until the season started.... if a horse like Discorama is slashed over the summer then I'd be worried that any ante post value at all will be incredibly hard to come by and I'll be changing my approach.

In short, if we're having to rush to back Discorama for fear of the price going, then it's not a year to get as involved as normal in ante post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Stay strong.
                          In my opinion a horse like Discorama will be available at a decent price when NRNB or an update is out about him.
                          He's fairly under the radar and low profile....

I like the shout a lot, one of the better any race punts I've seen a case made for... but I think any other year I'd leave it until the season started.... if a horse like Discorama is slashed over the summer then I'd be worried that any ante post value at all will be incredibly hard to come by and I'll be changing my approach.

In short, if we're having to rush to back Discorama for fear of the price going, then it's not a year to get as involved as normal in ante post.
                          We sing from the same hymn sheet, I’m probs morphing into you after reading your posts these last 3 years...haha. Just a bit surprised how many people are getting stuck into this market this early when there is no cash out and most prices on the lower profile types (at least) should hold for a good while yet even accounting for this unusual antepost

Comment

• Anyone got a valid email address for Betfair ?

They've randomly closed my account and have not emailed me with an explanation.
                            The contact information is like a Maze and keep bringing me back to Log-in then states account closed.
                            I'm not on twitter or facebook and cannot message as need to be logged in.
                            No phone numbers or emails anywhere on site.

Have tried googling an email address but the first two I found bounced back.
                            Money in the account also - which makes it more annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                              Anyone got a valid email address for Betfair ?

The contact information is like a Maze and keep bringing me back to Log-in then states account closed.

This happened to me.... hold on.

I had to verify my account for some reason that I can't recall.

Can't find the email trail....

I'm on to their support now to get you an email address. What service.
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 30 April 2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                Anyone got a valid email address for Betfair ?

There’s live chat help available Q, or at least used to be

Comment

Working...
                                X