Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Win Today & Festival ‘22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexmilton View Post
    Magic Daze Non runner
    Out of interest, did they give you a price before he was NR?

Comment

Yes, 33/1, its still on there now, have also asked for a price for holymacapony to see what they say

Comment

Priced at 40/1, Will just be a watch, his form is really weird.
        All I can find for comments is that he stopped really quick and was tired.

Comment

Yes, 33/1, its still on there now, have also asked for a price for holymacapony to see what they say
          Magic Daze ?
          Was 40/1 (Arkle) with Sky this morning, has that gone ?

Comment

Magic Daze Non runner
            I'm really struggling to make up my mind on Magic Daze.

She ran with the choke out from the off in the MNH and Iput her down as a bit of a head case.

But she kept going to the line and obviously has a very good engine.

Take Appreciate It and Blue Lord out of the equation and she posted an rpr better or on a par with the geldings in the Supreme which admittedly was a field which appeared to lack much depth.

When I look into the crystal ball and try to see Magic Daze as an Arkle contender some warning lights appear.

1. I reckon it'll be tougher for her to do as well over fences if she sticks to that free-running style because chasing will be more taxing on her stamina.

2. It also makes a fall more likely, imo.

3. Appreciate It, Bolly and Quilixios could all rock up in the Arkle making it an extremely hot race - blowing Magic Daze as a cracking each way bet.

But set against all that, the Arkle often cuts up and if it ends up as a 6,7,8 or 9 runner race and Magic Daze blazes a trail it might be hard to keep her out of the frame - making 50-1 now a rare gift from the bookies.

Suppose there's not much downside in backing her now with cash out.

But as someone who doesn't make a book on Festival races I'm loathe to commit to a horse I don't think can win/place - and deep down that's how I feel with Magic Daze.

Someone please sort me out.

Yours in sport.

Confused,

Tonbridge Wells

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post

When I look into the crystal ball and try to see Magic Daze as an Arkle contender some warning lights appear.

1. I reckon it'll be tougher for her to do as well over fences if she sticks to that free-running style because chasing will be more taxing on her stamina.
              Good point this, however, some horses run free because they don't concentrate on the job in hand, the distance between flights increases this, chasing could help her settle more because she's leaving the ground more regularly and because the obstacles require more respect/attention.
              The RPR comparison with Supreme horses is interesting and of course the mares allowance is proving, in the modern festival, to be priceless.
              All that said she is a mare, which means her head is unlikely to ever be entirely right !

Comment

Your point 3 - I doubt appreciate it and bob olinger both target the same race. Quilixios is staying over hurdles according to the last quote I’ve read regarding the horse so probably only 1 of those 3 to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                  Your point 3 - I doubt appreciate it and bob olinger both target the same race. Quilixios is staying over hurdles according to the last quote I’ve read regarding the horse so probably only 1 of those 3 to beat.
                  To add to that I’d think HDB will more than likely split up his horses if good enough especially in the same ownership.

Can only see Bob O starting at 2 same as his hurdle campaign. Decision of Marsh or RSA imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post

Suppose there's not much downside in backing her now with cash out.

But as someone who doesn't make a book on Festival races I'm loathe to commit to a horse I don't think can win/place - and deep down that's how I feel with Magic Daze.

Someone please sort me out.
                    I know I'm a nobody on here, but I'd argue that you've made your own argument. We all take different stances, and get FOMO (fear of missing out in case I'm too young for everyone here!), but if your rule isn't to back a horse you don't think can win/place, I don't see why you'd back Magic Daze. One of the things I like about betting, win or lose is that I can really commit to my thought process. It's so much easier for me to accept a loser when I had a clear reason not to back them, I just recalibrate for next time.

On my side, I have her in a small single, and each way double with Journey With Me. I know you like Journey as well, so if you can get 50/1 and 25/1, why not go down a small(er) each way double route?

Comment

She's one for my book, but I think it's highly unlikely I'll still have her onside in March unless it cuts up to 4 or 5 runners.
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

don't know if anybody has posted the reason Magic Daze was declared as a non runner today , it was COUGHING , hmmmm HDB got a little bug in the yard

Comment

Originally posted by The Fellow View Post
                          don't know if anybody has posted the reason Magic Daze was declared as a non runner today , it was COUGHING , hmmmm HDB got a little bug in the yard
                          To be fair, everyone is coughing at the mo

Comment

To be fair, everyone is coughing at the mo
                            Went to see the Doc last night and she held my balls in her hand and said cough,Luckly the Doc's me wife so got a bit of fun!!!
                            JOKE.

Comment

…..pop these in here as I haven’t noticed and I’m sure somebody mentioned Envoi Allen for the King George:

EA to win KG/GC 125-1 Sky
                              PTKO win Schloer/CC 20-1
                              Journey with Me Albert Bartlett/RSA 100-1
                              Elle est Belle MNH/MH 66-1

Comment

Whilst looking at these, just noticed that Journey With Me is 40/1 to win next year's RSA only in the National Hunt RequestABets, in case anyone is interested in the slightly less risky of the two options.

Comment

Working...
                                X