Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see Ronald Pump going to the Stayers, given his 156 UK rating (up 6lb).

That mark is 3lb more than Emitom, and the same level as Summerville Boy!!!!!!
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
      I can see Ronald Pump going to the Stayers, given his 156 UK rating (up 6lb).

No brainer,
      unless they think he's well in ?

Comment

Someone should start a thread on most bizarre ratings....this would go straight in my top 5. Bonkers to get 6lb extra & yet more encouragement to run with the handbrake on - openly campaigned & walloped. SDB almost certain to run off top weight in this meaning 4lb rise for everything - can see Phoenix Way being smashed on the day but I’ll stick with The Storyteller myself

Comment

20/1 without Paisley with both PP and Sky NRNB and ew available

Comment

• If big Ron does stay in the Pertemps then it’s a big clue that connections think he can genuinely compete and win

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
              If big Ron does stay in the Pertemps then it’s a big clue that connections think he can genuinely compete and win
              Yep, you are right there TKP. If he stays here it implies they think he is a 160(or higher) horse.

Though if that was the case, then I can still see them going to the Stayers as he is already close to being the second or third best horse in the race (when all the non-runners are removed), and his last hurdles run was his best.

As well as the prestige of winning the Stayers, or placing, there is a massive difference of above three times in prize money, for all places.

Stayers is £185K for winning, £70K for second and £35K for third,
              Pertemps is £56K for first £22K for second and £11K for third.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 26 February 2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I can also see the connections of Treacysenniscorthy taking a look at their decision to bypass the race, made in their statement shortly after the horses DRF win.

They did pay to enter him here last week, so they weren’t 100% against coming over a week ago.
                My take on that entry was for them to establish what there rating was, and comparing it to the other Irish runners.

He is only 4lb higher than in Ireland, and is on a non-stop form improvement. A rating of 142 looks a potential race winning mark for the horse.

The rise is not as much of some of the other Irish horses in this race.
                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 26 February 2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                  20/1 without Paisley with both PP and Sky NRNB and ew available
                  Thanks for that Pendil. Just taken that with sky bet. Really like Ronald pump so that bet is a no brainer for me!

Comment

• +7lbs for The Storyteller to 149.

Irish Chase mark is 158

UK 'capper must think he's a 160+ chaser then?

Expecting Davy in the saddle, and an easy win

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      +7lbs for The Storyteller to 149.

Irish Chase mark is 158

UK 'capper must think he's a 160+ chaser then?

Expecting Davy in the saddle, and an easy win
                      I hope you did a big juicy e/w double on him and COF when both were 33/1 Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                        They both got a rare pounding by the UK handicapper today c/w their Irish hurdling marks. I would love them both to win, but those rises bring a lot of others in to play too, even if we think these had a bit in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                          Didn't back The Storyteller until Christmas time when he was a best priced 20/1 (any race) - so unfortunately not.

I have no doubt if I had backed that double, there wouldn't be a human alive that I hadn't told

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I have no doubt if I had backed that double, there wouldn't be a human alive that I hadn't told
                            The wife ?
                            There can be too much honesty in a marriage....

Comment

• PadstheFish sent me this last night re Tout Est Permis

Tout Est Permis looked like a rejuvenated horse last year after joining Noel Meades yard following a string of disappointing performances after fences with mouse Morris, winning his first 3 starts over fences for the new yard & seeing his chase mark increase to 157 from 128.

Things didn’t go so well in graded company this season over fences & he reverted to hurdles in December of a mark of 122, coming 3 lengths 2nd behind the jam man (getting 6lb), who is now rated 15lb higher than when they met that day & ran well to come 2nd in the William fry at the DRF franking the form.

Tout Est Permis was raised 5lb on the back of that run & finished 4th next time out in the pertemps qualifier at the Leopardstown xmas festival, travelling beautifully throughout the race & staying on well to regain 4th, finishing 4 lengths behind the winner treacysenniscorthy who won the William Fry at the DRF on his next start.

Tout Est Permis also ran in the William fry, where the bare form of his finishing position 10 lengths 4th behind treacysenniscorthy & the jam man wouldn’t look too great, he was given what looked to be a very reserved ride by flannaghan compared to the 3 finishing in front of him, hopefully not wanting to ruin his mark with this race in mind.

He’s been given an extra 7lb by the handicapper on his Irish mark which seems a bit drastic but he wouldn’t of got in off his Irish mark & this should see him near the tail end of the weights; the handicapper also seems to value the form of the William fry & the Leopardstown qualifier, horses finishing in front of him in both races being given a fair few lb higher than their Irish marks (treacyenniscorthy 4lb higher, column of fire 7lb higher, Ronald pump 6lb higher). Even with his inflated mark from the British handicapper he’s still over a stone well in on his chase mark & looks to have been campaigned with this race as the goal this season.

Comment

• Who's that Charlie, not sure i can forgive the horse from his first run over hurdles this season when i was on at 14s haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X