Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, but i didnt see a quote about Kilbricken ? hmmm. I have just gone over his tweets again.

Comment

• Added Dream Berry (33/1 EW) for this.
      In 2017 he was a possibility for the Martin Pipe but his rating of 133 didn't get him in.
      Instead he ran in the consolation race at Kempton on the Saturday finishing 3rd of 19 (behind another horse who didn't make the cut in Brio Conti). He then went into the Aintree and Punchestown festivals and finished 2nd of 22 and 24 runners. So he has plenty of experience and form in big field handicaps ending the season with a rating of 143.
      He then didn't race the following season until going straight to the Martin Pipe in 2018 where he managed to get in off 143. Could only finish 7th but did stay on in the race and was a fair effort on his first run back. Punchestown saw him finish 6/24.
      Last season started with a failed chase attempt where connections then reverted to hurdles and a Pertemps qualifier but he just missed out on qualifying in 7th place.
      This season Geraghty was able to qualify the horse in a qualifier at the start of December. He has a mark of 138 which will get him in the race no problem. He's not raced and since and you'd have to assume he has been held back for a festival handicap.

A clear plot horse for several seasons. Ran some fairly decent runs at the track (6th and 7th) and has proved himself in big festival handicaps at Aintree and Punchestown.
      Could very well have Jonjo Junior onboard in this race too you'd imagine.

Unowhatimeanharry - 33/1 EW
      A 12 year old. And Harry Fry did say in January he will skip the festival so definitely a NRNB option but a Pertemps qualifier a month later may have shown a change of mind? Kev is very keen on this one so i'll let him talk him up but it's only 10 months since he won the Punchestown Grade 1 Stayers at age 11

Comment

• ....keep reminding myself of how Stoney Mountain finished over 3m at Haydock earlier this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          ....keep reminding myself of how Stoney Mountain finished over 3m at Haydock earlier this season.
          I like the horse and put him up at 75/1 for the Stayers. So on that basis I should like him here.
          But i'm worried the track just doesn't suit the horse. I'd forgive the Bumper (early stage of their career and no obstacles) and the AB (tough race) but he looked to absolutely hate his last run at the track too (albeit over fences)

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            Added Dream Berry (33/1 EW) for this.
            In 2017 he was a possibility for the Martin Pipe but his rating of 133 didn't get him in.
            Instead he ran in the consolation race at Kempton on the Saturday finishing 3rd of 19 (behind another horse who didn't make the cut in Brio Conti). He then went into the Aintree and Punchestown festivals and finished 2nd of 22 and 24 runners. So he has plenty of experience and form in big field handicaps ending the season with a rating of 143.
            He then didn't race the following season until going straight to the Martin Pipe in 2018 where he managed to get in off 143. Could only finish 7th but did stay on in the race and was a fair effort on his first run back. Punchestown saw him finish 6/24.
            Last season started with a failed chase attempt where connections then reverted to hurdles and a Pertemps qualifier but he just missed out on qualifying in 7th place.
            This season Geraghty was able to qualify the horse in a qualifier at the start of December. He has a mark of 138 which will get him in the race no problem. He's not raced and since and you'd have to assume he has been held back for a festival handicap.

A clear plot horse for several seasons. Ran some fairly decent runs at the track (6th and 7th) and has proved himself in big festival handicaps at Aintree and Punchestown.
            Could very well have Jonjo Junior onboard in this race too you'd imagine.

Unowhatimeanharry - 33/1 EW
            A 12 year old. And Harry Fry did say in January he will skip the festival so definitely a NRNB option but a Pertemps qualifier a month later may have shown a change of mind? Kev is very keen on this one so i'll let him talk him up but it's only 10 months since he won the Punchestown Grade 1 Stayers at age 11
            I am with you on Dream Berry Juno
            Put it up here a while back #750 handicap shortlist
            Looks one that has been plotted
            Stable having a good season and know how to lay one out for the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
              I am with you on Dream Berry Juno
              Put it up here a while back #750 handicap shortlist
              Looks one that has been plotted
              Stable having a good season and know how to lay one out for the festival
              Not sure that last sentence is true these days.
              Has he had a handicap winner since Holywell in 2014 ?
              And only one winner since, in Minella Rocco.
              In fact I don't think he's won more than one big race in the last 2/3 years.

Or to put it more bluntly, he's fucking shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Q FFS

You’ve missed your vocation

You should change Q to TT.......The Therapist

Comment

I probably agree with your last sentence.

I think his son is not shit at all though. Which balances him it out

Comment

• I said the stable are having a good season
                    I would of thought 60 winners in the past year was a good season
                    Has had plenty of Cheltenham success,although not recently
                    JP obviously not aiming his big buys here anymore
                    Would you really be surprised if he came up with a winner at the festival ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I probably agree with your last sentence.

I think his son is not shit at all though. Which balances him it out
                      Yes he is, both very good jockeys.

edit - although if I was the younger Jonjo, I'd ride another trainers JP horse if I had the choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                        I said the stable are having a good season
                        I would of thought 60 winners in the past year was a good season
                        Has had plenty of Cheltenham success,although not recently
                        JP obviously not aiming his big buys here anymore
                        Would you really be surprised if he came up with a winner at the festival ?
                        I wouldn't be surprised no.
                        But given the support he gets from JP, and the jockeys he has available.
                        He's shit. 60 winners with the number and pedigree of horse he has is rubbish. Any old farmer could train as many winners at all the small tracks he does.
                        He barely wins any graded race, and any big handicaps.
                        He don't even come that close any more.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised no.
                          But given the support he gets from JP, and the jockeys he has available.
                          He's shit. 60 winners with the number and pedigree of horse he has is rubbish. Any old farmer could train as many winners at all the small tracks he does.
                          He barely wins any graded race, and any big handicaps.
                          He don't even come that close any more.
                          Respect your opinion as always
                          Don’t think he is quite that bad however stats back your view
                          I still think he is capable and think the horse has good form
                          My money is down so I will take my chance
                          Also,very happy to have his son on board
                          He is a potential future champion jockey
                          Successor to Geraghty as JP’s number one jockey

Comment

• Nothing against the horse mate, it has as good a chance as any 33-1 shot.

Just felt that the mention of him knowing how to lay one out for the festival needed some context. That's all.
                            It's always worth calling out misleading cliche's I reckon.

I'm not against backing his horses either. Just wary of his recent record.

Comment

Yes, he's a lovable old rogue though isn't he? That's the media slant. Doesn't seem to matter that he offers joe punter absolutely nothing.

Comment

Nothing against the horse mate, it has as good a chance as any 33-1 shot.

Just felt that the mention of him knowing how to lay one out for the festival needed some context. That's all.
                                It's always worth calling out misleading cliche's I reckon.

I'm not against backing his horses either. Just wary of his recent record.
                                I didn’t see it as a misleading cliche
                                He has laid out plenty of horses for festival success
                                Just not recently

Comment

Working...
                                X