Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
    Cerberus ran off 141 in England when hammered by AMK. I doubt he'll be dropped much? Nordano 127 now was 9 behind Cerberus so i guess there's room to drop him a few pound?

I think the problem is Saxon, the Irish seem average this year. You couldn't say AWOTS deserves mid 140s when Cerberus and him are closely tied.
    Allmankind got a UK rating of 148 on his 9 length Grade 1 win over Cerberus, which probably means that the 141 rating given to Cerberus pre-race could only be lowered by 1lb or two at best.
    Cerberus’s weekend run probably confirms him (to the UK) at still around 140, and the two others that beat him 140+.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      A Wave Of The Sea given 137 and Cerberus 135, they'll both likely get in this race then, though AWOTS will likely have to carry near top weight I'd imagine.
      Surely too generous from the Irish Handicapper
      Expect Cerberus and AWOTS to be giving 140plus to both of them
      When do we find out their UK ratings ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
        Surely too generous from the Irish Handicapper
        Expect Cerberus and AWOTS to be giving 140plus to both of them
        When do we find out their UK ratings ?
        Only if and when they are entered to run in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
          Only if and when they are entered to run in the UK.
          Thanks SW
          Am I right in thinking that Irish trainers can request a rating from the UK Handicapper at any time ?
          Probably won’t help us as we won’t be able to find out

Comment

Thanks SW
            Am I right in thinking that Irish trainers can request a rating from the UK Handicapper at any time ?
            Not sure on that, as you say we won’t know anyway, and why would the handicapper do the handicapping work if there is no UK entry.

Comment

Thanks SW
              I believe they can. I remember Gordon Elliott talking about it last year in an interview/preview night

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Yeah, I've said since Cerberus and A Wave Of The Sea ran against each other the second time they're more likely to be Boodles types than Triumph...

I had tiny free bets on them to both win "any race" with this in mind.....

Was a bit lazy though on my part, I just absolutely love Joseph O'Brien, and it seemed like it could happen more than any solid form reasoning at the time.
                I'd love AWOTS to sneak in here.

Not a lot changed.... I definitely posted elsewhere that I think AWOTS will end up better than Cerberus too, if he did sneak into this race I'd actually get quite keen on him I think.

Certainly had more scope to improve in my mind.

14/1 NRNB is pretty fair to be honest. I reckon he'd get punted in the market, definitely single figures?!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kevloaf;144144] I'd love AWOTS to sneak in here.

Not a lot changed.... I definitely posted elsewhere that I think AWOTS will end up better than Cerberus too, if he did sneak into this race I'd actually get quite keen on him I think.

Certainly had more scope to improve in my mind.

The English handicapper rated Cerberus at 141 before he ran in the Finale. He was allotted a revised mark of 136 when entered (didn't run) in trials day. At that stage Allmankind was rated 144. Allmankind seems to have gone up to 148 without running. My view is Cerberus might squeak in at 139/140 and AWOTS will be 1 or 2 lbs higher. So on balance WTFK

Comment

• I don't think people understand how Non Runner No Bet works.

If he doesn't run, it's not a bad bet. I will lose nothing.

If the handicapper lets him in, I think it's a fucking brilliant bet.

Comment

I don't think people understand how Non Runner No Bet works.

I think people do understand.
                      Haven't noticed anyone particularly knocking it either.
                      Waste of time though

Comment

I don't think people understand how Non Runner No Bet works.

Seems we are all stupid in relation to NRNB
                        Kev rules ok

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          I think people do understand.
                          Haven't noticed anyone particularly knocking it either.
                          Waste of time though
                          Only needs to come off once to be worthwhile

Same as your Benie Des Douvan bets in the CH waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                            Seems we are all stupid in relation to NRNB
                            Kev rules ok
                            What was the point you were making Pendil....

You think Wave might be 1 or 2 lbs too high?

In my opinion that's worth a go NRNB?

You seem to be dismissing it when yourself you've only putting him 1lb over what he needs to be?

No need for the sarcasm, you cheeky monkey.

Comment

• Itsa worse bet today than it was yesterday when he would have looked like an English OR of 136. Now he might get in 4lb higher for running his same race again as Cerberus against a falling and underperforming Aspire Tower. It's only "a brilliant bet" if it wins. 4lbs means 4l in my book. Cheeky chappie

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                                Itsa worse bet today than it was yesterday when he would have looked like an English OR of 136. Now he might get in 4lb higher for running his same race again as Cerberus against a falling and underperforming Aspire Tower. It's only "a brilliant bet" if it wins. 4lbs means 4l in my book. Cheeky chappie
                                I disagree so much with that

You can't believe that to be true?

What if he's a furlong clear and then runs out in the final 20 yards

I think Joseph O'Brien can train the winner of this race from top weight. I think A Wave Of The Sea (at worst) will be a 145 horse by the end of this season.

I think he therefore has some in hand if he gets in, even off top weight.

If he doesn't get in, no problem.
                                If he runs in the Triumph and is rubbish. No problem. I'll have been wrong and lost nothing
                                If he wins the Triumph, I'll think - oh my God, what an incredible bet he was at 14/1 NRNB - he'd have sluiced up in a handicap.

If he gets in at 140, I'll have beaten the SP and could even lay it off to make it a free bet so that I still can't lose.

I'm not disputing I'd prefer him to have 4lbs less, but that's just irrelevant. I'd have been making an poor bet before knowing his new mark?

Comment

Working...
                                X