Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Non Runner No Bet (post #1 for updates)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

My mother-in-law went for her Pfizer jab this afternoon.

Very smooth process, social distancing easily done, a painless jab and off on her way on time, no waiting.

We are leading the way on vaccine rollout.

Its about time the media, and the opposition, stopped moaning on about it, and gave some credit to those tasked with delivering the process.

But, hey, why give some good news to the country when you can slag off the government/NHS/Army/Drug companies instead and make everyone feel more miserable instead of happier.

Doh.
    Great news SW. It's nice to hear positive stories instead of all the doom and gloom merchants that seem to take over social media

Am I right in thinking we are leading the way on the vaccine roll out? If not, how do we compare to other countries?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

My mother-in-law went for her Pfizer jab this afternoon.

Very smooth process, social distancing easily done, a painless jab and off on her way on time, no waiting.

We are leading the way on vaccine rollout.

Its about time the media, and the opposition, stopped moaning on about it, and gave some credit to those tasked with delivering the process.

But, hey, why give some good news to the country when you can slag off the government/NHS/Army/Drug companies instead and make everyone feel more miserable instead of happier.

Doh.
      My wife went for hers yesterday. Knocked her for six ! Must be powerful stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Great news SW. It's nice to hear positive stories instead of all the doom and gloom merchants that seem to take over social media

Am I right in thinking we are leading the way on the vaccine roll out? If not, how do we compare to other countries?
        Against our peers we are well ahead.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• SW's right.. We should acknowledge the great work done by our reguatory body MHRA.. We led the world on this approval.. l

Comment

• I\d be grateful if someone can help me out on this one.

When B365 go NRNB do they scrap cash out at the time or keep it on?

Comment

• They keep it and in some cases you can cash out and reback you horse NRNB at the same cash out value
              Last edited by somer1; 20 January 2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                I\d be grateful if someone can help me out on this one.

When B365 go NRNB do they scrap cash out at the time or keep it on?
                They kept it on last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverbirch View Post

They kept it on last year
                  Thanks Silverbirch `and Somer1, much appreciated.
                  Last edited by nortonscoin200; 20 January 2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Are we all in agreement now that the Irish horses are definitely going to be over here in March,seems to me that talk of this has gone quiet the last week or so!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liverpoolchamp View Post
                      Are we all in agreement now that the Irish horses are definitely going to be over here in March,seems to me that talk of this has gone quiet the last week or so!
                      How could anybody say definitively either way.....we are still in January and talks of quarantine hotels are circulating!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liverpoolchamp View Post
                        Are we all in agreement now that the Irish horses are definitely going to be over here in March,seems to me that talk of this has gone quiet the last week or so!
                        I’d say you can be about as sure as ever they will be coming over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I’d say you can be about as sure as ever they will be coming over...
                          I don’t think as many Irish horses will be coming over, I think the big owners & trainers will be well represented but with no spectators expected I think a number of syndicate horses and horses entered for a day out/occasion won’t bother with the hassle of travelling over, they’ll save themselves for the better paying Irish races. As a result I think fields may be smaller and less place opportunities.

this is obviously a personal opinion and I do have a rich history of being wrong and full of shit

Comment

• I think they will be over, that’s just my opinion obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

I don’t think as many Irish horses will be coming over, I think the big owners & trainers will be well represented but with no spectators expected I think a number of syndicate horses and horses entered for a day out/occasion won’t bother with the hassle of travelling over, they’ll save themselves for the better paying Irish races. As a result I think fields may be smaller and less place opportunities.

this is obviously a personal opinion and I do have a rich history of being wrong and full of shit
                              Ye this is the way I’m leaning towards king pimm! I think the big horses will travel,which for my ante post book is vital! But as you say the smaller stables might just draw stumps and wait for something more suitable in Ireland

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

Fantastic tagline.
                                Appropriate for the bottom of every post for several members I reckon

Comment

Working...
                                X