Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Chase Division

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Completely off topic but having worked on the other side is there anything you can share with regard account restrictions/closures, anything members can do or shouldn’t do to maintain accounts ?
    If you place a bet of ?200 or more in ladbrokes/coral shops you immediately become a monitored customer and every bet you place after will be monitored

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
      What do we make of 365 refusing to price those two up? It's not usual for them to refuse, and I wonder if there is a change going on behind the scenes.
      I got a mate to request a horse for the Triumph with Bet365 and they refused and said they’d need to wait until he was entered.

Comment

• Never had much joy with 365 after asking for an early price for a Triumph horse. And trying to get one from them for the Boodles/Fred Winter early there's more chance of finding rocking horse shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

I got a mate to request a horse for the Triumph with Bet365 and they refused and said they’d need to wait until he was entered.
          Yes noticeably they have very few horses quoted for the Triumph Jackie. They feel very risk adverse.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Magic Daze opened at odds on favourite 4/5 and TBO 6/4 on 365 for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
              Magic Daze opened at odds on favourite 4/5 and TBO 6/4 on 365 for tomorrow.
              Big day for FJ in mid September!

Comment

• What are people’s thoughts on Dusart for the upcoming season?

I didn’t see the full RP Nicky Henderson interview but seen a snippet that he may stay over hurdles?

Although disappointing he didn’t win at Aintree, it was only his second run ever, over obstacles and after a niggle. More than happy to forgive him but again the decision of hurdles or chasing will determine how much I fancy him. Open Grade 1 hurdles…..no, novice chasing…..yes think he could do really well, especially over here prior to Cheltenham.

Comment

• Agree, can't think that they'll keep him over hurdles, there's nothing for him. Arkle would be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                    What are people’s thoughts on Dusart for the upcoming season?

I didn’t see the full RP Nicky Henderson interview but seen a snippet that he may stay over hurdles?

Although disappointing he didn’t win at Aintree, it was only his second run ever, over obstacles and after a niggle. More than happy to forgive him but again the decision of hurdles or chasing will determine how much I fancy him. Open Grade 1 hurdles…..no, novice chasing…..yes think he could do really well, especially over here prior to Cheltenham.
                    He was bought for chasing in mind and I would be surprised if he didn't go down the Arkle route,. especially being a half brother to Simonsig who won that race.

Comment

He isnt going to win a Grade 1 Hurdle, so fences seems probable
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

He isnt going to win a Grade 1 Hurdle, so fences seems probable
                        I would agree with that regarding hurdles, just wondered why he would mention it.

I’d fancy him quite highly over fences as he has so much potential improvement having been so lightly raced.

Time will tell.

Comment

By his standards, Henderson had a relatively quiet year on the novice hurdle front last season, and wouldn't have anywhere near the quality of previous years going over fences this season; IMO i could see this lad over a fence this season for sure. I think he could be more of a marsh horse given the comments of Jerry mcgrath in Paul Ferguson's book. He basically says he wouldn't have the pace of simonsig and being by flemensfirth would appreciate the step up to 2m4f or even 3m in time. A race like the scilly isles pre chelts could be ideal given Henderson's record in the race. Wherever he goes hes certainly one id want to keep onside of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post

By his standards, Henderson had a relatively quiet year on the novice hurdle front last season, and wouldn't have anywhere near the quality of previous years going over fences this season; IMO i could see this lad over a fence this season for sure. I think he could be more of a marsh horse given the comments of Jerry mcgrath in Paul Ferguson's book. He basically says he wouldn't have the pace of simonsig and being by flemensfirth would appreciate the step up to 2m4f or even 3m in time. A race like the scilly isles pre chelts could be ideal given Henderson's record in the race. Wherever he goes hes certainly one id want to keep onside of.
                            The recent RP quote from Henderson also stated “He wants two and a half miles…”

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

To me he looks Henderson's only current Arkle prospect ?? He adores that race and won't be without one in it. Can anyone think of anything else from last season's hurdlers that he's likely to target the Arkle with ?? He has Flintuer Sacre

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X