Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
    Not only was the winner carrying 7 lbs less but the jockey was also claiming a further 7 lbs.
    think it was only 7lb in total.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Added Ramillies for this race @25-1. last week. Looking forward to seeing him run today .
      and cashed out ...

Comment

• Living in a fantasy world if you think Ferny Hollow is winning a Champion Bumper.

How many more times does he need to get beaten?

If you hadn't already backed him, you'd look at his price and giggle

Comment

• I imagine whoever wins tomorrow will go pretty short, even allowing for the fact its Gigg.

Fascinating contest and surprised to see the prices tbh... didnt think there would be quite that difference.

Comment

• Must be about the only one who thought FH run was half decent , beaten by what could be a very good horse , still a big baby and learning his trade , sooner he does his learning on the track rather than these infamous gallops. Im hopeful he can still come forward from this and be a player in March.

Comment

• I still like him The Beast. Think that may have been a very good race today myself. He's given the winner 7lbs and battled all the way to the line and settled much better than he did on debut. Its very early days for him. The third nearly won his point by a mile before not staying, and the fourth was close enough to some good horses on debut and both have been beaten out of sight.

If Eric Bloodaxe beats the highly touted Wide Receiver tomorrow, his form starts to look pretty good, considering he did everything wrong first time up yet was only beaten a few lengths giving him 3lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                I still like him The Beast. Think that may have been a very good race today myself. He's given the winner 7lbs and battled all the way to the line and settled much better than he did on debut. Its very early days for him. The third nearly won his point by a mile before not staying, and the fourth was close enough to some good horses on debut and both have been beaten out of sight.

If Eric Bloodaxe beats the highly touted Wide Receiver tomorrow, his form starts to look pretty good, considering he did everything wrong first time up yet was only beaten a few lengths giving him 3lb.
                Absolutely , and we get a better price.

Comment

• He looks way too immature for a burly burly typical champion bumper. Cashed him for my stake back. No harm done.

Edit - FH that is of course

Comment

• I really liked risk factor’s win and would like to take 25’s but is 16’s with cash out.

Is anyone sure if he’s definitely being aimed for this?... haven't has a bet in the race yet and he would be my first and probably only as it’s a race I don’t like very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                      I really liked risk factor’s win and would like to take 25’s but is 16’s with cash out.

Is anyone sure if he’s definitely being aimed for this?... haven't has a bet in the race yet and he would be my first and probably only as it’s a race I don’t like very much.
                      He is. I cant say the rest of Joseph's will.

O’Brien said, “We always thought a good bit of him. He ran well in his two runs but I was a little disappointed that he hadn’t won.

“He’s had a break and it sounded like a good race so we didn’t know what to expect but Tom gave him a very good ride.

“He was still quite green through the race and I’d say he’s decent enough.

“We’ll probably work back from Cheltenham and it makes sense to run again here (at the Dublin Racing Festival) on the way.”
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Certainly not as down as some on Ferny hollow yesterday, in time think we will realise that it was a serious good performance for a bumper at this stage of the season, bigger issue is how hard he is pulling, think it will be hard to keep a lid on him on the day. But if he could relax a bit then he will win the bumper for me.

Comment

• I buzz off Joseph.

Joseph wins the bumper.

Don't know who with.

A horse, probz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I buzz off Joseph.

Joseph wins the bumper.

Don't know who with.

A horse, probz.
                            .... " ERIC BLOODAXE " , Love the name , My only bumper bet . Sticking with the "BLOODAXE".
                            ................................ although must admit Appreciate it looked good on friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              .... " ERIC BLOODAXE " , Love the name , My only bumper bet . Sticking with the "BLOODAXE".
                              ................................ although must admit Appreciate it looked good on friday.
                              "This lad has always stood out. He's a beautiful horse and he always worked well.

“He won't be over-raced this year. He's a horse I'd say that we'd like to mind.

“I would never really have had it in my head that I would have wanted to go to Cheltenham with him.

“I'm not going to say definitely not. He could come back here in February, that might make sense, but mind you that's his second run now in five or six weeks and he could go to Punchestown.

“You'd be thinking of the long-term with this horse. That's not to say he won't come back here but we won't be killing him anyway, we'll mind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I buzz off Joseph.

Joseph wins the bumper.

Don't know who with.

A horse, probz.
                                Ferny hollow form, and the 2 that beat him are unlikely runners.

As per Joseph before and after.

Comment

Working...
                                X