Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not often you fancy the outsider in a field, but struggling to understand why Saint Xavier is such a big price in this trial today.

Been competing at the top table in France and he looks sure to relish the conditions and trip, which you couldnt say for all of them. Sadly missed the 33's but on at 25/1 EW.

Comment

• Monkfish was entitled to win well there and done exactly that. Looks every inch a stayer. 25/1 with paddies

Comment

• Originally posted by philg12345 View Post
        Monkfish was entitled to win well there and done exactly that. Looks every inch a stayer. 25/1 with paddies
        Little form boost for my boy Longhouse Poet too

Comment

• I don’t think Champagne Well did any harm to the Thyme Hill form there. He was clumsy first half of the race and left himself having to pass the lot.

B365 finally cut Latest Exhibition 40 from 66’s

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
            I'm a big fan of Paul Nolan and am really looking forward to seeing Latest Exhibition in the Navan Novice Hurdle on Sunday. I suspect the chief Mullins and Elliott runners will command most of the attention, but he's a smart prospect tried over inadequate trips so far. They have been clear the Albert Barlett is their long term plan and he is completely undiscovered in the market at 66/1. I am not expecting him to win on Sunday, but I am expecting a decent run.

We were supposed to see him last year in the bumper but he was forced to miss Cheltenham due to a foot infection and was subsequently off for the season. Their plan is to see how it goes Sunday and then he could go to the grade 1 at Naas in February.

The Nolan's were very open about saying he was tried over too short a trip and too soon vs Abacadabras where he ran a credible race in second. On debut he beat Thatsy who subsequently won since. His jumping is excellent and I don't see the Nolan's throwing him into a race vs the likes of Andy Dufresne and Elixir D'ainay without thinking he could be quite smart and the step up will suit. They have said their plan is to gradually step him up before trying him over 3m for the first time in the Albert Bartlett. I hope Rachel Blackmore keeps riding him.
            What a result. The further this horse goes the better. B365 go 16/1 from 66 yesterday and 40 this morning.

Comment

• Fantastic performance from LE... still 33/1 with PP for this. Have taken that

Comment

• 16s.................

Comment

• Definite the performance of a stayer that. after the mistake and all

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    16s.................
                    Too slow q

Comment

What a result. The further this horse goes the better. B365 go 16/1 from 66 yesterday and 40 this morning.
                      Thanks for highlighting Charlie. Plenty on here are on a decent bet at 66/1thanks to you.

Comment

Thanks for highlighting Charlie. Plenty on here are on a decent bet at 66/1thanks to you.

Comment

• Good stuff Charlie, I had some 66s as well. Lets hope the AB is still the plan as we are well ahead here.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Paul Nolan and am really looking forward to seeing Latest Exhibition in the Navan Novice Hurdle on Sunday. I suspect the chief Mullins and Elliott runners will command most of the attention, but he's a smart prospect tried over inadequate trips so far. They have been clear the Albert Barlett is their long term plan and he is completely undiscovered in the market at 66/1. I am not expecting him to win on Sunday, but I am expecting a decent run.

We were supposed to see him last year in the bumper but he was forced to miss Cheltenham due to a foot infection and was subsequently off for the season. Their plan is to see how it goes Sunday and then he could go to the grade 1 at Naas in February.

The Nolan's were very open about saying he was tried over too short a trip and too soon vs Abacadabras where he ran a credible race in second. On debut he beat Thatsy who subsequently won since. His jumping is excellent and I don't see the Nolan's throwing him into a race vs the likes of Andy Dufresne and Elixir D'ainay without thinking he could be quite smart and the step up will suit. They have said their plan is to gradually step him up before trying him over 3m for the first time in the Albert Bartlett. I hope Rachel Blackmore keeps riding him.
                            Grateful to you Charlie for putting this up , I managed to get on @ 66-1 last week . for the A.B only .
                            Didn't see the race today . but sounds like L.E easily went beyond expectations

Comment

• Yes thank you Charlie, was trying to look back to see who to thank, few 66s dockets and took 50s again yesterday incase a performance today, that exceeded my highest expectations! Well pleased.

Comment

• Looks the best of the irish.
                                Should have topped up on the 66's earlier in the week.
                                However, he might have just beaten a 2 miler or one that's not that good, or both.

Comment

Working...
                                X