Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    I'm on the JackieMoonLonghousePoetLovetrain !!, ha ha, Think it's going to be a very.
    Informative race today .Might shape where a few of these will run at the Festival.
    Come on the Poet!!
    No complaints today and it proved one thing that we all thought already; Envoi Allen is weapon and is going to be very difficult to beat if he turns up on form.

Longhouse Poet could still be a player for a place but I really thought he’d get closer to Elixir D’ainay on the better ground today but he was beat twice as far in the end. Both those horses have had less track time than Envoi Allen so they may improve and bridge the gap slightly but not enough to beat him. I actually thought Longhouse could step up after today but the trainer comments appear to state otherwise.

Comment

• Thanks Jackie.

Your quote seems to point towards here most definitely.

Interesting Lobos says Tizzard said if on good side of soft he would be moved to 3miler......Where was this Lobos?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
        Thanks Jackie.

Interesting Lobos says Tizzard said if on good side of soft he would be moved to 3miler......Where was this Lobos?
        I think that is merely his opinion rather than any official comment from connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          Thanks Jackie.

No, it was Power who said Fiddler would go Supreme on Very Soft ground and that if it dried up (G/S?) 2 1/2 miles would be his race. It was my opinion that if Fiddler went Ballymore then on drying ground I would think TBB would have a better chance in the Albert. M Debonair will go Supreme whatever the going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            You've been on this forum less than a month and this is the second time you've been blown away

How often is not that often to be this excited?

I don't think he did a lot in front today, if I hadn't seen him battle to win the Bumper I'd be having a little pick at him - but I did see the bumper, so I can't pick any holes.
            Assume you mean the Skelton horse Kev. I was impressed with his running style and the way he went about winning his race. Envoi would be on a completely different planet to that horse. I’m sorry for a horse exciting me especially one that you clearly wasn’t impressed with.

I would say to beat top class novices the way he is hands and heals is very impressive or is it because he doesn’t travel through his races like a Harchibald that makes him less impressive. He’s always doing enough to win his races, he’s genuine with plenty of speed and the mentality to go straight to the top.
            I struggle to see a negative with the horse hence the reason for the excitement.

We are all aloud to express ourselves even if you don’t agree with it.

Shoot me
            Last edited by Kautothegreat8; 5 January 2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• you took my post much more seriously than it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                I’ve only backed and mentioned The Big Breakaway for the Ballymore and only intend to as it’s the best race for him this season. Latest quote from Tizzard Jr:

He said: “We can keep them apart all season but when we get to the festival, we need to do what’s best for each horse. You only need a bit of bad luck and then you’ll wish you had another horse in the race.
                “When it comes to Cheltenham, we certainly won’t be jeopardising the chance of a horse just because we don’t want to run them against each other. We’ll be running the horses in what we feel is the best race for them individually.”

Of the exciting Tizzard youngsters yet to be tested at Graded level, The Big Breakaway was arguably the most eyecatching in winning his two hurdle contests by eight and seven lengths respectively.

“He’ll be going to Cheltenham on trials day. There’s a Grade 2 two-and-a-half-mile novice hurdle there and then he’ll almost certainly be in the Ballymore,” Tizzard said.

He surely must have read the post of Lobos and wanted to make it clear .
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Just need mr Hobbs to do the right thing and run thyme hill in the bartlett now. And willie To get his 2 milers out.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Just need mr Hobbs to do the right thing and run thyme hill in the bartlett now. And willie To get his 2 milers out.
                    Amen to that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      He surely must have read the post of Lobos and wanted to make it clear .
                      Or just wanted to put Mr Power in his place and show who really does make the calls.

Comment

• Obviously it was another top class performance by EA, but did nobody else think he was fairly out on his legs by the end?

Obviously it looks a certainty he runs here, but having had the view he had the same chance in either race, I actually think he might have a marginally better chance in the Supreme now. I'm not saying I think he will be beaten because he's quite clearly the best novice around, but if he was, I'd say its more likely he is outstayed in this than out speeded in the Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                          Obviously it was another top class performance by EA, but did nobody else think he was fairly out on his legs by the end?

Obviously it looks a certainty he runs here, but having had the view he had the same chance in either race, I actually think he might have a marginally better chance in the Supreme now. I'm not saying I think he will be beaten because he's quite clearly the best novice around, but if he was, I'd say its more likely he is outstayed in this than out speeded in the Supreme.
                          I think he was super impressive myself, and I don't have anything on him for the ballymore, so want him beat really.

I Didn't like the champion bumper form as it was the worst in history
                          And he's been 10-1 or less for a long time and not a price I like to take antepost in September about a bumper winner going novice hurdling.

But he's very good, and his jumping looks bombproof

If you could guarantee softer than soft ground and the jockey getting the fractions right in the supreme, I'd say he would win the supreme easy enough.

If it's softer ground for the ballymore and they get the fractions wrong up front (and he's sitting up there just off the pace) then him being outstayed is the only hope I'd have, but that's pretty slim.

Comment

Obviously it was another top class performance by EA, but did nobody else think he was fairly out on his legs by the end?

Gordon said he took a good blow, which he was pleased about, he said that he hadnt done loads with him so theres a bit of improvement to come so wouldnt be disappointed with his finishing effort. It does look like the horse only does enough anyway so maybe just a little idle as well.

Comment

Yes i was there yesterday and id agree he was all out at the end of the race. Looks a great prospect and the 2nd and 3rd home might also be very smart. I think if i owned him id go for Supreme

Comment

• I am of the opposite opinion, he will come on again for the run and he put the best part of 3l between himself and a good horse after the last. The only way you can beat him is for toe in the Supreme.

Comment

Working...
                                X