Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I think everybody on this forum must have a piece of Envoi Allen. I got on late at 10/1 and I am sooooo pleased we have got here. Now just do your thing please!!!

Comment

• EA might drift on Davy Cheltenham form

Comment

• im going to take him on with the big breakaway (hides behind sofa)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauRanger View Post
          im going to take him on with the big breakaway (hides behind sofa)
          Don't hide anywhere pal, The Big Breakaway could (and your getting the price to find out) be an absolute weapon. The list of Irish bankers to get turned over in this isn't short, and whilst I want EA to do the business, I can genuinely see The Big Breakaway giving him a proper race.

Comment

• I personally see Longhouse Poet running a big race for the same reason ive backed him without Envoi..im also happy for Envoi to win and The Big Breakaway without Envoi if i dont get angthing out of this race ill be suprised..i learnt yeaterday though if its not going your way just stay calm see it through!

Comment

• I can’t believe The Big Getaway is 18.0 on the machine for this. Anyone know if he had any issues travelling over or anything? Looks a price that you couldn’t offer about him unless you knew something was amiss!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                I can’t believe The Big Getaway is 18.0 on the machine for this. Anyone know if he had any issues travelling over or anything? Looks a price that you couldn’t offer about him unless you knew something was amiss!
                Mullins not winning on day 1 may have something to do with it

Comment

• He was notably weak before the start of day 1 as well

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                    I can’t believe The Big Getaway is 18.0 on the machine for this. Anyone know if he had any issues travelling over or anything? Looks a price that you couldn’t offer about him unless you knew something was amiss!
                    Time judges have slaughtered him.

Comment

• I think Sporting John could put up a right fight in this.

On collateral form with PIPESMOKER, he beat him 6L at Ascot whereas Chantry House- 3rd in yesterday’s Supreme- beat him a couple of lengths (albeit cosily).

Any form with Chantry House where you think you might be better than him immediately puts you into the Shishkin and Adbracadabras category, which we know the latter is very closely tied with Envoi.

I think the trip will suit and personally I thought Envoi was the standout 2 miler of the season and would have won either the Supreme or the Champion yesterday. Not convinced 2m 5f on soft is what he needs this year. Proper horse though.

Think it will be very close between the front 2 in the market.
                      Last edited by Al Ferof; 11 March 2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                        I think Sporting John could put up a right fight in this.

On collateral form with PIPESMOKER, he beat him 6L at Ascot whereas Chantry House- 3rd in yesterday’s Supreme- beat him a couple of lengths (albeit cosily).

Any form with Chantry House where you think you might be better than him immediately puts you into the Shishkin and Adbracadabras category, which we know the latter is very closely tied with Envoi.

I think the trip will suit and personally I thought Envoi was the standout 2 miler of the season and would have won either the Supreme or the Champion yesterday. Not convinced 2m 5f on soft is what he needs this year. Proper horse though.

The problem is that both races were run incredibly slowly. Chantry House stepped up when the pace was better. Doesn't necessarily mean Sporting John will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                          I think Sporting John could put up a right fight in this.

Yes agree the form line through Pipesmoker is interesting and don't forget Sporting John was giving him 8lbs whereas Chantry was racing off levels. Think this is similar to the Mares race where Envoi is rightfully favourite(like BDD was), and Sporting John's price too high (like Honeysuckle's) was. If I was betting on the day it would definately be on Sporting John

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
                            Yes agree the form line through Pipesmoker is interesting and don't forget Sporting John was giving him 8lbs whereas Chantry was racing off levels. Think this is similar to the Mares race where Envoi is rightfully favourite(like BDD was), and Sporting John's price too high (like Honeysuckle's) was. If I was betting on the day it would definately be on Sporting John
                            And don't forget, BG, the forum's favourite jockey is in good form. Could he win the first four today?? On 3 favs and 2nd fav, interesting multi nonetheless

Comment

• I'll be betting in the without market mainly because i don't believe Sporting John will be good enough, Tizzard's is probably for next time or next year and Willie's has it to prove. I would've liked to have something to try and beat Envoi, but the race hasn't turned out how i'd have liked.

I'd have thought Longhouse Poet and Easywork would have conditions more up their streets today than at Leopardstown. I'd have Poet definitely ahead of Willies in the market. Taking the punt Tizzard's isn't a "now" horse as i've already said.

I'll go with LP w/o the favourite at 9s each way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                I'll be betting in the without market mainly because i don't believe Sporting John will be good enough, Tizzard's is probably for next time or next year and Willie's has it to prove. I would've liked to have something to try and beat Envoi, but the race hasn't turned out how i'd have liked.

I'd have thought Longhouse Poet and Easywork would have conditions more up their streets today than at Leopardstown. I'd have Poet definitely ahead of Willies in the market. Taking the punt Tizzard's isn't a "now" horse as i've already said.

I'll go with LP w/o the favourite at 9s each way.
                                Agree with this Jack, added each way and small double with SR in the Champion Chase without market in a bid to have a interest in that race after the shock CPS news

Comment

Working...
                                X