Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ballymore is looking like a very strong renewal; Envoi Allen certainly isn’t scaring anyone away

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
      The Ballymore is looking like a very strong renewal; Envoi Allen certainly isn’t scaring anyone away
      Looks a really deep race. Got a feeling the novices might really be up to something this season. They all seem a real proper bunch of horses. Suppose only time will tell!

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
        Ballymore:

J Tizzard: Harry Senior will probably step up in trip so The Big Breakaway will be our one for the Ballymore.

From a preview evening happening castle Cary. Great news
        I’m getting some nice updates this evening

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          I love The Big Breakaway
          I think I may love Tizzard too. I love lamp also.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
            Ballymore:

J Tizzard: Harry Senior will probably step up in trip so The Big Breakaway will be our one for the Ballymore.

From a preview evening happening castle Cary. Great news
            Great news! Tizzard & Skelton are cheering me up tonight!

Comment

• Sporting John with alot of Blue, anything said anywhere? Form franked or something?

Comment

• Mullins stated in his ATR stable your he doesn’t fear taking on Envoi Allen with the Big Getaway which is uncharacteristically of Willie which is fighting talk in my town!!

Comment

• Got to love some of the NRNB prices out there at the moment.

Lord Royal at 50/1 stands out with Bet365 only 16s with PP. Mullins was saying he might still go for the AB after not winning the last day but I would not listen to much he says when he is talking about one of his second string. Monkfish will be his number one (only entry) and Janidil might also go there if JP agrees.

There has been a lot more talk from the Mullins camp this year about a horse needing a lot of runs and having lots of experience for the AB. Lord Royal only has 3 career runs (according to racing post) so IF he is going to go anywhere at Cheltenham it should probably be the Ballymore.

He was beaten the last day by an out and out stayer Run Wild Fred who finds loads off the bridle and is a very hard horse to get by looking at his previous runs. RWF is also over priced for the AB.

I was very confident Allaho would drop back to the Ballymore last year and he didn't so who knows but at the prices I think it is worth a go.

Comment

• Henderson confirmed Glynn won’t be going to the festival.

Not come back to any sort of form since his Doncaster win so hoping to find a small race for him then being put away for next year (atr website).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurdles or chasing View Post
                      Got to love some of the NRNB prices out there at the moment.

Lord Royal at 50/1 stands out with Bet365 only 16s with PP. Mullins was saying he might still go for the AB after not winning the last day but I would not listen to much he says when he is talking about one of his second string. Monkfish will be his number one (only entry) and Janidil might also go there if JP agrees.

There has been a lot more talk from the Mullins camp this year about a horse needing a lot of runs and having lots of experience for the AB. Lord Royal only has 3 career runs (according to racing post) so IF he is going to go anywhere at Cheltenham it should probably be the Ballymore.

He was beaten the last day by an out and out stayer Run Wild Fred who finds loads off the bridle and is a very hard horse to get by looking at his previous runs. RWF is also over priced for the AB.

I was very confident Allaho would drop back to the Ballymore last year and he didn't so who knows but at the prices I think it is worth a go.
                      I have Lord Royal backed at 50/1 without NRNB, so I hope you're right.

I thought he'd be a bit light on overall experience and he didn't look like he was relishing the trip IMO.

I'll add him NRNB as well though, with the faint chance he does run here, and I can cash one of to cover the stake

Comment

• Sporting John 6/1 now on exchanges with CH out to 25/1.....hopefully (certainly for my book) that means decision made!

Comment

• States on betway he is 10/1! Sadly one of the my closed accounts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splinterboy82 View Post
                            Sporting John 6/1 now on exchanges with CH out to 25/1.....hopefully (certainly for my book) that means decision made!
                            Racing post tonight Hobbs states Ballymore more likely.

Comment

• Big Getaway and Sporting John Blue again today as per the last few days. Envoi Allen red and now as big as 6/4.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                                Big Getaway and Sporting John Blue again today as per the last few days. Envoi Allen red and now as big as 6/4.
                                Although I put up The Big Getaway pre-season for the AB, I still can't get on board with him being the Ballymore winner. He's likely good enough for a place as the race will cut up a bit.

The RSA will be the race I'd most want to back him for now [insert cliche blah blah blah]

Comment

Working...
                                X