Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    If Royal Bond is next that's perfect for him to step up in trip at the festival then.

Royal Bond winners don't usually win Supreme Novice Hurdles, as per the case made last season
    Definitely don't win ballymore novices though do they ?

Comment

• except istabraq - who was average

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Definitely don't win ballymore novices though do they ?
        Win more than the Supreme

Comment

• And Hardy Eustace - also average

Comment

• Having only backed him for the Ballymore, there's a doubt they do go Supreme with him for me.
            He was a lot slicker than i expected him to be over a hurdle today

Comment

And Hardy Eustace - also average
              Find me a Supreme winner?

Comment

• Lots of champion hurdlers, and a few supreme favourites.
                It's not a great stat either way.
                I'd say you need pace to win a royal bond, either way you look at it.

Comment

• champagne fever ?
                  interestingly the last bumper horse also
                  the stars are aligning

Comment

Lots of champion hurdlers, and a few supreme favourites.
                    It's not a great stat either way.
                    I'd say you need pace to win a royal bond, either way you look at it.
                    Yeah I noted the Champion Hurdle winners tbf, and also the short Supreme favourites, like Dunguib, who got turned over.

I think it has been said before, by many, that you need more stamina to win a Supreme and having pace and a turn of foot is a positive in the Ballymore. Based on that, the speed he showed leads to the Ballymore still.

I think he is particularly special, in the sense he could probably go for both, I just don't think he will be going to the Supreme. The money wasn't down for that, and unfortunately that is my main reason for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Having only backed him for the Ballymore, there's a doubt they do go Supreme with him for me.
                      He was a lot slicker than i expected him to be over a hurdle today
                      If you have a doubt just back supreme with PP. Cashout available at just over 70%. They're obviously very confident he doesn't go there, but they'll still have to shorten the 20s at some point due to liabilities. as I'm sure they'll be many willing to take it.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        If you have a doubt just back supreme with PP. Cashout available at just over 70%. They're obviously very confident he doesn't go there, but they'll still have to shorten the 20s at some point due to liabilities. as I'm sure they'll be many willing to take it.
                        Fair point. Might well do so

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Where’s your dad from ?
                          Goosebumps moment as first thing I did was hit the PP button 😂

Comment

• Like CoD, I don't see Envoi Allen running anywhere other than here. 20/1 is a bit daft by PP though, especially with cash out available.

Comment

• Envoi Allen is going to have to be an above average animal as I reckon the Ballymore is going to be a strong renewal this year. Bar Malone Road, most of the best bumper horses will run here I think and there looks to be some really decent types.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                Envoi Allen is going to have to be an above average animal as I reckon the Ballymore is going to be a strong renewal this year. Bar Malone Road, most of the best bumper horses will run here I think and there looks to be some really decent types.
                                I think we can already say that Envoi Allen is an above average animal, by looking at his bumper form.

Comment

Working...
                                X