Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
    I reckon if Willie has one better, it wins the Supreme.
    Very early days to be sayng that in my view. He looked very taking indeed, but so did Breaken when starting off. Not saying that was certainly Breaken's form at Punchestown but i'd really want to see another run before thinking he's very very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
      I reckon if Willie has one better, it wins the Supreme.
      I'll be surprised if it's not more than 1, and I wouldnt be as confident as that, but hope so.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Has no-one still seen a mention of Shishkin anywhere?

Comment

• Compliment paid to Sporting John today with Eritage cruising to victory.

That said, they changed tactics on Eritage today and clearly he likes going from the front (held up against SJ & co), so hopefully when seen next he'll continue to run from the front so we get a better grasp on his ability.

Comment

• Might be last time I do this, as I prefer to go with B365, so I can duck out at a very small loss.
            But I've backed
            Son of Camas at 44-1 WH for this race.

Runs in the maiden tomorrow, and is a race that often throws up cheltenham types. And looks a decent maiden again on paper.

This horse was mentioned by me a few weeks ago somewhere on these threads as it won it's bumper really well at this track (the form is still untested) and they also sent it over for the land rover bumper in April and it went off 2-1 favourite (so someone thinks it's decent, but it finished tailed off).

I'm hoping they think it's going well enough again, after it's bumper win, and nicky henderson has tried some decent types in this race in the past. Some have been future stayers but he also ran Buvuer Da'ir for the same owners.

The breeding strongly suggests speed (creachadoir won the Lockinge and was rated 118 on flat), and whilst I prefer NH breds for the supreme generally, I don't mind the flat breds that have never ran on the flat.

It's a bit of a punt to be fair and may well be on the scrapheap this time tomorrow.

Comment

• I took the opening 7/2 Bet365 Son of Camas for tomorrows race Q. Its a strong maiden on paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                I took the opening 7/2 Bet365 Son of Camas for tomorrows race Q. Its a strong maiden on paper.
                Now this is an informative maiden. If anything wins well it’s a blue all over Oddschecker moment for a Festival race or two, and well deserved. Ask For Glory is one I’ve been watching out for, but like King Roland, he may want a but further.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Quevega- Yeah i had a look at Hendos history in the race once decs came through, won it 5 times in last 10 years of which consecutively from 14-16. No entries the last twice so i took it as he must think quite highly of this lad, he was reported as abnormal post race in that Irish bumper he was well punted for and i was surprised he was deemed the 2n string lto of Hendos as he got a nice write up in OJA. No harm in taking a small punt at those prices be nice to see a decent English challenge show a hand whether it be him or another in the race.
                  Last edited by Outlaw; 28 November 2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• They expected him to bolt up in Ireland. Interesting to hear Nicky say that it was a bit embarrassing how he ran that day. Think he will be ready to rock here

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                      They expected him to bolt up in Ireland. Interesting to hear Nicky say that it was a bit embarrassing how he ran that day. Think he will be ready to rock here
                      He dosent have a choice of horses he can run in the goffs landrover, if it was an open bumper, and he could have ran all. Would he still have chosen son of camas as his flag bearer. Who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        He dosent have a choice of horses he can run in the goffs landrover, if it was an open bumper, and he could have ran all. Would he still have chosen son of camas as his flag bearer. Who knows.
                        That's a good point, but's still a tiny bit encouraging that he sent it and it was heavily back.
                        Just a stab at one really.

Comment

• Nico De Boinville blog

Son Of Camas
                          I think he could be a very good prospect indeed. He clearly disappointed us when starting as favourite for the valuable Punchestown bumper on his debut in April, and I don’t think we ever found out what went wrong there. But he certainly showed us what he was made of when beating me here earlier in the month, and that rode like a very good bumper. This looks a pretty hot maiden hurdle but we think a lot of our boy and I’ll be disappointed if he isn’t involved in the finish. I schooled him on Thursday morning and he was very good.

Nicky Henderson blog

Son Of Camas (Nico de Boinville)
                          After disappointing very badly at Punchestown in April, when it was actually quite embarrassing, he made amends at Newbury last time when impressing in his Bumper and the plan has always been to go straight over hurdles as he’d already schooled before his first run, but I thought a bumper would give him some more confidence, which he’s now got, and he looks a very nice prospect. Newbury Maidens are always very good, and this isn’t any different, but he’s a Newbury type of horse and I wouldn’t swop him for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            That's a good point, but's still a tiny bit encouraging that he sent it and it was heavily back.
                            Just a stab at one really.
                            I don't blame you at all, could be a very good shout. the above the only doubt in the back of my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Might be last time I do this, as I prefer to go with B365, so I can duck out at a very small loss.
                              But I've backed
                              Son of Camas at 44-1 WH for this race.
                              Surprised you didn't use 365 with the option of Cash Out, but best of luck with him, he is one I looked at and may still add, but will probably wait for him to run today, can always back in running (hopefully).

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Surprised you didn't use 365 with the option of Cash Out, but best of luck with him, he is one I looked at and may still add, but will probably wait for him to run today, can always back in running (hopefully).
                                yep, 33;s vs 44's took a while to decide. might do b365 as well before race.
                                i was going to do 365 and have finger on wh during race, but that tactic has been hit and miss,

to be fair i'm only going one point on most of these antepost bets. I'll do 20x that in a couple of hours this afternoon. but i still try and err on the side of caution when i can.
                                Last edited by Quevega; 29 November 2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X