Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I guess it will depend how worries GE is about Unexcepted
    not very as he has him covered with his lesser Easywork

Comment

• If Unexcepted beats Abacadabras at the DRF

The first thing I will do is back Easywork.

That is one of the horses that would be loaded up in a betslip with the money already deposited ready to fire.

I reckon people are going lukewarm on Abacadabras because we've not seen him for a while. Recency bias plays a part in that, but for everybody that adores Envoi Allen, the 2nd to him was impressive from Abacadabras and arguably still the best piece of 2m form we have so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        If Unexcepted beats Abacadabras at the DRF

The first thing I will do is back Easywork.

That is one of the horses that would be loaded up in a betslip with the money already deposited ready to fire.

I reckon people are going lukewarm on Abacadabras because we've not seen him for a while. Recency bias plays a part in that, but for everybody that adores Envoi Allen, the 2nd to him was impressive from Abacadabras and arguably still the best piece of 2m form we have so far?
        No question mark needed. Were he not having to pass the field a fluent jump at the last would have run EA to a short head or possibly better. Abacadabras seems to keep a bit to himself, which is perhaps why people aren't fully sold. I'd be delivering him as late as possible if I were Jack Kennedy. I get people knocking the form of his run LTO, but the distance he puts between himself and the 2nd after the last reinforces there is a lot more beneath the bonnet. If he runs at DRF and wins he'll have brilliant experience going into the supreme and be a deserved favourite. I'd back him at current prices over Shishkin any day of the week.

Comment

• It is very unsexy to back a horse that you KNOW isn't the best horse in the yard.

That has to have an affect on his price.

It is off putting still but as the majority of people are on him at a big price it's easier to overlook isn't it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            It is very unsexy to back a horse that you KNOW isn't the best horse in the yard.

That has to have an affect on his price.

It is off putting still but as the majority of people are on him at a big price it's easier to overlook isn't it!
            Add to that wearing the colours of an outfit people associate with 3m staying chasers

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
              No question mark needed. Were he not having to pass the field a fluent jump at the last would have run EA to a short head or possibly better. Abacadabras seems to keep a bit to himself, which is perhaps why people aren't fully sold. I'd be delivering him as late as possible if I were Jack Kennedy. I get people knocking the form of his run LTO, but the distance he puts between himself and the 2nd after the last reinforces there is a lot more beneath the bonnet. If he runs at DRF and wins he'll have brilliant experience going into the supreme and be a deserved favourite. I'd back him at current prices over Shishkin any day of the week.
              Completely agree, Charlie.

Aba still has the best, most consistent 2m novice form this season (taking EA out. But also, that run against EA, i’ve rewatched it a few times and I am convinced Aba was not ridden out and really pushed after the last. I think the whip was used once, maybe twice, from after the last to the line, and it certainly wasn’t a forceful ride. He also messed up the last fence. I think there is more under the bonnet.

You can say Shishkin responded very well to a tap in his win, but it’s one race against weaker opposition, albeit the time and the sectionals for the last couple of furlongs looks exceptional.

At the prices, I think Aba is the much safer bet, but with 1pt at 33s and 1pt at 17s, Shiskin is a much bigger winner for me.

I think/hope Aba beats Unexcepted, who I basically don’t have covered. But agree with Kev, looking at the Irish form, if he does turn over Aba i’ll cover with Easywork.

But I don’t think that’ll need happening. I think Aba will win comfortably and he and Shishkin will head to the Supreme for what will be billed as a showdown. However, I could see Master Debonair upsetting the apple art with a strong ride up front. I thought his Ascot performance was excellent. It was a quick race in that ground and he made all. Can see similar tactics in the Supreme and some twitchy bums as they round the bend as the others try to reel him in.

Comment

• Unexcepted was very impressive first time but the fact that 25/1 is still freely available would not fill anyone with confidence. He showed bags of speed which is not always the greatest asset at Cheltenham.

Amazed that anyone thinks that Abacadabras wasn't flattered to finish so close to Envoi Allen. Anyone think that who hasn't backed him for this race? Stiffer track and the margin would increase.

Unless Elliott is worried about his plans going up in smoke there is no credible reason not to run Abacadabras next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                  not very as he has him covered with his lesser Easywork
                  Whatever Unexcepted does next week (and I’ll be staggered if he doesn’t run in the grade 1), I think it’s dangerous to assume that Easywork would have him covered, should they meet again over 2 miles. The Xmas race was not Unexcepted’s running, whether that be to ground, trip, bounce, trainer form, or a combination of some / all. I would be hopeful of a much improved performance from him next week.

Comment

• Keith Donoghue is, not surprisingly, bullish on Aba’s chances saying championship pace and better ground will show him in an even better light. Sweet on Fury Road and The Bosses Oscar too, apologies if it’s already been posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by lloydy View Post
                      Keith Donoghue is, not surprisingly, bullish on Aba’s chances saying championship pace and better ground will show him in an even better light. Sweet on Fury Road and The Bosses Oscar too, apologies if it’s already been posted.
                      https://bookmakers.co.uk/tips/bettin...urdlers-review
                      Maybe silly question but are those Donoghues rides? Will Davy Russell get a say on anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                        Maybe silly question but are those Donoghues rides? Will Davy Russell get a say on anything?
                        The only one mentioned in the article that Keith would definitely ride is Tiger Roll in the X country

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Is he going for the grade 1 or the handicap?
                          Your guess is as good as mine. It was a tongue in cheek comment in the first place, and mostly wishful thinking on my part

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Your guess is as good as mine. It was a tongue in cheek comment in the first place, and mostly wishful thinking on my part
                            You could take that last run as a plot for the handicap if you really wanted to.

I'm not a big fan of him to win the supreme. But he'd have a big chance should he go for the 2m handicap.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              You could take that last run as a plot for the handicap if you really wanted to.

I'm not a big fan of him to win the supreme. But he'd have a big chance should he go for the 2m handicap.
                              Definitely would seem a plot.

He's still the best hurdler of the novice division I have seen this season, just a question mark over his ability, as he's raced against nothing and went out like a light over 2m 4f (I can forgive this myself, as definitely not what he would have wanted, IMO).

We will find out soon enough though, I'll back him for either race myself.

Comment

• Unexcepted's maiden win hasn't worked out great.
                                Maybe he is actually unexceptional.
                                But there is a chance his last run was an off day I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X