Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Hendo mentioning the Dovecote for Shiskin next in his latest blog
    That sounds more Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      That sounds more Supreme.
      Yep.

Henderson: Our horses are continuing to run well and I have to admit I was particularly impressed with Shiskin who won easily at Newbury on Wednesday. He’s a horse we’ve always thought a great deal of and it was unfortunate that he fell on his hurdles debut, but he bounced back and jumped and travelled very well to win in good style. To be honest, we would have been disappointed if he wasn’t capable of winning as he was taking on (and subsequently beat) a horse who’d previously finished second to one of ours, Mister Coffey, so we thought the form was pretty good. Nico suggested he’ll be suited but two and a half but he showed a very good turn of foot and quickened up well on that ground. He’s no mudlark by any means and could be even better on good ground. He’ll be given entries in both the Ballymore and Supreme but he’ll have to run again before Cheltenham so we may look at something like the Dovecote at Kempton in a few weeks time.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Yep.

Henderson: Our horses are continuing to run well and I have to admit I was particularly impressed with Shiskin who won easily at Newbury on Wednesday. He’s a horse we’ve always thought a great deal of and it was unfortunate that he fell on his hurdles debut, but he bounced back and jumped and travelled very well to win in good style. To be honest, we would have been disappointed if he wasn’t capable of winning as he was taking on (and subsequently beat) a horse who’d previously finished second to one of ours, Mister Coffey, so we thought the form was pretty good. Nico suggested he’ll be suited but two and a half but he showed a very good turn of foot and quickened up well on that ground. He’s no mudlark by any means and could be even better on good ground. He’ll be given entries in both the Ballymore and Supreme but he’ll have to run again before Cheltenham so we may look at something like the Dovecote at Kempton in a few weeks time.
        Sounds like they think Shiskin is superior to Mr Coffey.

Comment

• I suppose the form line would suggest Shiskin is preferred to Coffey, based on the difference in distance they beat Skakem up’arry by, however I just can’t get away from the hype Henderson bought to the festival last year in regards to his supreme horses, which has already been mentioned here.
          Law of averages means he’ll probably have one go close soon enough in the supreme, that matches the hype (obviously he had Altior) however don’t think it’s this year - I still think winner is coming from Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anay Turge View Post
            I suppose the form line would suggest Shiskin is preferred to Coffey, based on the difference in distance they beat Skakem up’arry by, however I just can’t get away from the hype Henderson bought to the festival last year in regards to his supreme horses, which has already been mentioned here.
            Law of averages means he’ll probably have one go close soon enough in the supreme, that matches the hype (obviously he had Altior) however don’t think it’s this year - I still think winner is coming from Ireland.
            Chantry house another from the yard that could be very good, but not sure he would be a supreme horse, but cud easily be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Incidentally see Skybet have pushed Fly Smart out to 20/1 NRNB which I don’t think will last long if and when there is an entry
              If this is still around anyone who can cash out at 25s surely should be doing so and rebacking here?

On Supreme offers, sky bet have done money back on a loser in the first race of the day for the last 2 festivals. Capped at £20 but a free cover if you are worried you’ve missed one

Comment

• Is there any news on Figaroc? What are the chances of it being in this race?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curly View Post
                  Is there any news on Figaroc? What are the chances of it being in this race?
                  Not due out anytime soon according to Joe Chambers so unlikely

Comment

• The thing is Angels Breath didn't deserve the hype based on what he 'produced' prior to the festival. Shiskin looks an altogether different proposition.

Comment

The thing is Angels Breath didn't deserve the hype based on what he 'produced' prior to the festival. Shiskin looks an altogether different proposition.
                      Thats not a thing Lobos.
                      Angels won a grade 2 on debut, not a grade 4 novice,
                      He then lost in the Dovecote. And still got hyped after that, once everyone changed their nappy.

Comment

The thing is Angels Breath didn't deserve the hype based on what he 'produced' prior to the festival. Shiskin looks an altogether different proposition.
                        Don’t know how you can say that based on the opposition in that race. He may prove to be a good horse, but needs a step up before I consider the horse a contender for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anay Turge View Post
                          Don’t know how you can say that based on the opposition in that race. He may prove to be a good horse, but needs a step up before I consider the horse a contender for this.
                          Out of interest, which race is AB targeting this year ?

Comment

Out of interest, which race is AB targeting this year ?
                            injured......

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              injured......
                              Yep, forgot that. Shame, would have been a player in JLT. Much better chaser.

Comment

• Tool. You think my antepost wallet wasn’t damaged after it’s last run....

Comment

Working...
                                X