Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrname up, brilliant to see!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      He really, really was not super impressive Q.

Did you not watch between two out and 1 out?

No horse is super impressive if they're being caught by Traffic Fluide.
      I thought he was impressive too. STD went far too soon, had he sat instead of taking Cyrname on, he'd have won comfortably.

There is a chance that myself and Q are slightly biased

Comment

• Left any chance of winning a Ryanair in the mud at Ascot today for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          He really, really was not super impressive Q.

Did you not watch between two out and 1 out?

No horse is super impressive if they're being caught by Traffic Fluide.
          Have to agree, nothing super impressive about being nearly caught by Traffic Fluide the. Take nothing away from a win, but you'd have to be concerned about how tough that race was with less than 4 weeks to go till this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I thought he was impressive too. STD went far too soon, had he sat instead of taking Cyrname on, he'd have won comfortably.

There is a chance that myself and Q are slightly biased
            He wouldn't have necessarily beaten Traffic Fluide, but we can agree to disagree.

Whether with or against ROTS, I think we will all agree that a race that tough 26 days away from this makes this a lot tougher

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Left any chance of winning a Ryanair in the mud at Ascot today for me.
              I think you're right CCM but the owners have picked up a nice pot today.

He must be the best buy of the season.

Comment

• The tough race would be a worry.
                But equally on better ground and a more even pace, he might not feel like he's even racing.
                The pace races are run at and how jockeys ride the horses have to be factored in to the overview.

Comment

• He won’t get near the likes of Min and A Plus Tard imho

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I think you're right CCM but the owners have picked up a nice pot today.

He must be the best buy of the season.
                    Couldn't agree more. Imagine they couldnt give two hoots about Cheltenham right now! Grade One winner at Ascot. A day to remember.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Imagine they couldnt give two hoots about Cheltenham right now! Grade One winner at Ascot. A day to remember.
                      Ridiculous to look at his Irish form and then see what he's done this year. Fair play twister

Comment

• Had Tom Taaffe packed it in ?

Comment

He's fast becoming one of my favourite horses, I love the way he races with such enthusiasm.

I wouldn't be touching him at current prices fwiw. He also fell at Cheltenham in the race APT won last season, which is an obvious negative.

Comment

• 10-1 5pts Ridersonthestorm PP added.

oddschecker saying 10's, then on site saying 7's, but when placed in betslip 10's.
                            Respect APT but would have this lad second favourite myself.

Comment

• I don't think Trafic Fluide would have won. The ground he made up from 2 out meant he was too knackered to even try and jump the last. Josh Moore said he was a very tired horse. Therefore I think it was a good performance from Riders although Cyrname definitely did not run to form.
                              Riders is my biggest winner in this race but I still think APT is the most likely winner, especially now that Riders has had a hard race. However, I still think there is more improvement to come from Riders if the ground is better(being by Scorpion) and I think the Ryanair has been the main aim all season.

Comment

• Be interesting to see the split screen of todays race vs the Altior match race.
                                could show my judgement to be OK or foolish.

edit - think ground and conditions much worse today though, so maybe not worth the comparison
                                Last edited by Quevega; 15 February 2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X