Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    The Curry Corner is excellent FM, if you want a table book well in advance as this place gets booked up weeks ahead.
    Not cheap but foot is outstanding.
    Cheers Ista.

I'll mention this to the lads. It seems a much better option than stumbling back to our digs at 2am and already being in the back foot, as has happened the last few years

Comment

The Curry Corner is excellent FM, if you want a table book well in advance as this place gets booked up weeks ahead.
      Not cheap but foot is outstanding.
      I can second that recommendation

Comment

• There was another Indian near Montpelier I did two years ago, that was also very good but it was a long day and the red wine and JD took its' toll, I have no idea what this place was called.

Curry Corner is a serious restaurant - you will have to pay deposit when booking too...

Comment

There was another Indian near Montpelier I did two years ago, that was also very good but it was a long day and the red wine and JD took its' toll, I have no idea what this place was called.

Curry Corner is a serious restaurant - you will have to pay deposit when booking too...
          India Lounge near montpellier is excellent

Comment

There was another Indian near Montpelier I did two years ago, that was also very good but it was a long day and the red wine and JD took its' toll, I have no idea what this place was called.

Was just about to say mods will move this then noticed you are the mods! Perhaps we should have an 'all things cheltenham' thread for accomodation, parking, hotels, travel etc

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
              India Lounge near montpellier is excellent
              Cheers Charlie - we are staying at that end of town so that might be the one.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                Was just about to say mods will move this then noticed you are the mods! Perhaps we should have an 'all things cheltenham' thread for accomodation, parking, hotels, travel etc
                Yep, there usually is a pub/food/lapdancing thread nearer the time.

We'll move back to Ryanair chat now....

Comment

Curry corner is class but as intimated quite pricey, not as expensive as Prithvi (near the suffolks)

Comment

• I can put in a good word for Bhoomi Kitchen near Montpellier, again it's not cheap though! Wonder which will be the first non-Indian place to get thrown into the mix!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imperial Commander View Post
                      I can put in a good word for Bhoomi Kitchen near Montpellier, again it's not cheap though! Wonder which will be the first non-Indian place to get thrown into the mix!
                      Ill throw a non Indian in.....Thai Emerald. Stunning place and you are very likely to see the likes of Lee Westwood and plenty of other owners and trainers in there all happy to discuss their horses. Brilliant food as well !!

Comment

• A lot happened in the 22 hours I was away from this thread ........

I would love it if a lurker joined up called "Curry Corner"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          A lot happened in the 22 hours I was away from this thread ........

I would love it if a lurker joined up called "Curry Corner"
                          It went all food related, typical middle aged men. Traffic and Food.

Comment

Yep, there usually is a pub/food/lapdancing thread nearer the time.

We'll move back to Ryanair chat now....
                            Now we’re talking Ista, can’t have a stag without some fine filly’s strutting there stuff. Bennie & Lamarckise can look after things on the track

Comment

• I know there’s been a lot of debate about Min... does anyone on here think he’ll be out of the first 3 home? The way the race could cut up, coupled with this being his optimum distance arguably and given proven Cheltenham placed form against better competition (Altior!) than he’ll face here,, I personally can’t see why he’ll be out of the first 3. I can’t find 3 in front of him, the “to be placed” market is up today on the Exchange & he’s a shade over even money to be in the first 3. In my opinion, that’s the banker of the meeting right there, closely followed by Paisley Park outright win in the Stayers. This strategy worked well twice for me previously in backing My Tent or Yours to place in the CH, albeit at better odds. I’d rather back a horse at evens for first 3 than 13/8 to win at Cheltenham. I’ve also backed Min to win too as think he will but this for me is my “banker”.

I’m looking to get a bollocking for posting about an even money shot here btw... also, does my profile picture show up as tried putting one on & can’t see it?
                              Last edited by MadeinJapan; 25 January 2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
                                I know there’s been a lot of debate about Min... does anyone on here think he’ll be out of the first 3 home? The way the race could cut up, coupled with this being his optimum distance arguably and given proven Cheltenham placed form against better competition (Altior!) than he’ll face here,, I personally can’t see why he’ll be out of the first 3. I can’t find 3 in front of him, the “to be placed” market is up today on the Exchange & he’s a shade over even money to be in the first 3. In my opinion, that’s the banker of the meeting right there, closely followed by Paisley Park outright win in the Stayers. This strategy worked well twice for me previously in backing My Tent or Yours to place in the CH, albeit at better odds. I’d rather back a horse at evens for first 3 than 13/8 to win at Cheltenham. I’ve also backed Min to win too as think he will but this for me is my “banker”.

I’m looking to get a bollocking for posting about an even money shot here btw... also, does my profile picture show up as tried putting one on & can’t see it?
                                You deserve a high five for a case well made, bollocks to the bollocking

Comment

Working...
                                X