Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment for me the 2 I like at the prices are A Plus Tard and Janika. A Plus Tard was the most impressive winner at the festival though time will tell whether the race was any good or not. He's only 5 and has raced 6 times so must be open to a lot of improvement too. Janika is just tough as anything and always runs his race and as others have said doesn't need to improve much at the weights. I think Defi is a fair favourite and Frodon is probably overpriced but not one I can get on board with. However I don't fancy Min at all I think he's an overrated horse and wouldn't back him at any price.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
      At the moment for me the 2 I like at the prices are A Plus Tard and Janika. A Plus Tard was the most impressive winner at the festival though time will tell whether the race was any good or not. He's only 5 and has raced 6 times so must be open to a lot of improvement too. Janika is just tough as anything and always runs his race and as others have said doesn't need to improve much at the weights. I think Defi is a fair favourite and Frodon is probably overpriced but not one I can get on board with. However I don't fancy Min at all I think he's an overrated horse and wouldn't back him at any price.
      You must be a mind-reader. This is the way that I view the race, at this early stage.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

You'd have to respect the Cheltenham run of A Plus Tard but it seems to be over a stone better than anything he's done before or since albeit in a small sample size. More evidence required.

Janika has improved his rating from 145 to 162 without winning in 4 races. It may just be a case of Nicky getting to know him but he did have quite a lot of races in France so further improvement isn't a given.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          You'd have to respect the Cheltenham run of A Plus Tard but it seems to be over a stone better than anything he's done before or since albeit in a small sample size. More evidence required.

Janika has improved his rating from 145 to 162 without winning in 4 races. It may just be a case of Nicky getting to know him but he did have quite a lot of races in France so further improvement isn't a given.
          Couldn't agree more on A Plus Tard Archie.

Min, Ballyosisin and Darasso would be the 3 i like from your list at an early stage.....Last two still have a bit to prove.

Comment

A 20 length grade 1 win, over a grade 1 winner in Politilogue, in the race they finished together in the year before.

That race in my eyes proves Min is a class act on his best form.

He used to be over rated ... now he's the best horse in the race (officially) and isn't shortest price ... that's under-estimating him, is it not?

** I appreciate he may well not end up being the "best horse in the race" but you should get my drift.

If you wouldn't back Min at 1000/1 you're an oddity anyone who says they wouldn't back a horse at any price can have no idea on value at all

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              A 20 length grade 1 win, over a grade 1 winner in Politilogue, in the race they finished together in the year before.

He used to be over rated ... now he's the best horse in the race (officially) and isn't shortest price ... that's under-estimating him, is it not?

** I appreciate he may well not end up being the "best horse in the race" but you should get my drift.

If you wouldn't back Min at 1000/1 you're an oddity anyone who says they wouldn't back a horse at any price can have no idea on value at all
              Knew taylor's last sentence would bring out one of the Min squad.
              If there are no curve balls in this race and one of the lively unlikely types doesn't turn up.
              It's quite possible you end up with Frodon and Min Jt Fav's under 5-1 or thereabouts.
              They both look likely to be aimed here.
              It's the second season chasers that might threaten these, as it's hard to imagine they'll all end up Gold Cuppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

The Aintree win was impressive but he's also underwhelmed in enough races like the Champion Chase this year and both his runs at the Punchestown Festival for me to have enough doubts about how good he really is. He's a horse I wouldn't trust to show that Aintree form again. But that's the point of this forum for us to have differing opinions.

Comment

The Aintree win was impressive but he's also underwhelmed in enough races like the Champion Chase this year and both his runs at the Punchestown Festival for me to have enough doubts about how good he really is. He's a horse I wouldn't trust to show that Aintree form again. But that's the point of this forum for us to have differing opinions.
                  2m isn't his trip, that's why, although he was classy enough to win over that trip in easier races.

They should have stepped him up last season IMO.

Massive Min fan here, end up defending him pretty much every season
                  Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 12 September 2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Whereas Janika has done nothing but impress in his 4/4 defeats in handicap company?

Absolutely about different opinions, but ultimately it's about whether they're right or wrong .... I'm certain it's wrong to say you wouldn't back Min at any price.

I wouldn't back Janika at the price he is for this, yet two decent judges in yourself and hamptonfox fancy him....

Money where our mouths are ...

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      2m isn't his trip, that's why, although he was classy enough to win over that trip in easier races.

The step up in trip might be the answer and I guess we'll see this season but until he backs up that Aintree performance there's enough to put me off him.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

WPM was kicking himself after the Champion Chase for deciding to drop Min in behind rather than put it up to Altior. He didn't run his race and it would have been a golden opportunity to beat Altior.

I'm not a massive fan of Min but I'd be getting involved if he were to drift a couple of points. 12/1 seems fair enough at this stage to me.

Comment

Firmly in the Min camp here, with CPS 2nd favourite for the Champion Chase if he stays sound then surely no question Min ends up here.

Whilst his Cheltenham run this year was extremely poor (9L to Politologue), at the middle distance trip he won by 20L against the same opponent.

It looks a competitive race next year but Hills are standout price @ 12/1 (13/1 boosted). 2-3pts higher than any other bookie. Assuming the John Durkan in December is his first start again, if he performs well and early talk of his Festival target is the Ryanair then I wouldn't be surprised to see around 6-1

Comment

Great hearing all the opinions but I’m struggling to see the interest in Janika.
                            I appreciate there are better prices out there but I’m limited to Sky for AP bets and they have Janika 14/1 with Frodon 10/1, seems nonsensical to me they should be so close in the market.
                            For me Janika should be closer 40/1...

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                              Firmly in the Min camp here, with CPS 2nd favourite for the Champion Chase if he stays sound then surely no question Min ends up here.

Whilst his Cheltenham run this year was extremely poor (9L to Politologue), at the middle distance trip he won by 20L against the same opponent.

It looks a competitive race next year but Hills are standout price @ 12/1 (13/1 boosted). 2-3pts higher than any other bookie. Assuming the John Durkan in December is his first start again, if he performs well and early talk of his Festival target is the Ryanair then I wouldn't be surprised to see around 6-1
                              Even if CPS gets injured there is no way that Min should be in the CC, WPM would still have the arkle winner and Cilaos Emery to fireat it

Min belongs in the Ryanair. I’ve got a double rolling into him but he is on my list to back more, however there will come a point when he isn’t value, and that probably comes after each Frodon victory. The public will pile into him and Mins price will hold (imo).

Comment

He is 6 going on 7, and been 2nd from top weight at Cheltenham twice is the main case I think.

But as a French horse, (stereotypically more forward st a younger age) I'm inclined to think his progression will be limited.

25/1, best price I really don't think is a good bet.

I don't see why he'd step up to be grade 1 class?
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 September 2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X