Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Heavy ground at Ascot. Think UDS will go off fav now. Hoping he beats Defi so that Hobbs runs Defi in Ryanair!
    Do the double.

If Un De Sceaux does beat Defi tomorrow, I'd think it'd cement him to the Ryanair

Comment

• Max bet Defi tomorrow, especially if evens pops up.

Not sure beating UDS would convince Hobbs of anything (it certainly shouldn't) , but getting beat certainly would.

I'll do the Kev double if UDS drifts to 5/2 or bigger

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Max bet Defi tomorrow, especially if evens pops up.

Not sure beating UDS would convince Hobbs of anything (it certainly shouldn't) , but getting beat certainly would.

I'll do the Kev double if UDS drifts to 5/2 or bigger
        You think UDS will drift on that ground? I'd be surprised personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          You think UDS will drift on that ground? I'd be surprised personally.
          No I don't, but he's too short vs Defi at the moment.
          I'd expect Defi to be heavily backed by serious punters tomorrow though, before the off. So you never know.
          Could be wrong though as UDS is a loved horse.

Comment

• I can see a plunge on UDS personally if the camp are as confident as Paddy made out earlier in the week on reversing the form. He can’t drift in this ground.

Comment

No I don't, but he's too short vs Defi at the moment.
              I'd expect Defi to be heavily backed by serious punters tomorrow though, before the off. So you never know.
              Could be wrong though as UDS is a loved horse.
              Interesting, UDS ain't getting any younger and the way he trains i doubt he'll have much improvement from last time, even though Mullins wasn't fully firing. Still with the likely ground i think he has a good chance.

Comment

• Brave steaming into a 12 year old IMO, especially with DDS potentially improving. Conditions certainly suit UDS so would I be surprised if he won, no. Would I be steaming in at 6/4 vs DDS, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  Brave steaming into a 12 year old IMO, especially with DDS potentially improving. Conditions certainly suit UDS so would I be surprised if he won, no. Would I be steaming in at 6/4 vs DDS, no.
                  agreed Charlie, thats why Defi is worth a serious bet.
                  I'd price it up 4/7 vs 9/4 ish

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Do the double.

If Un De Sceaux does beat Defi tomorrow, I'd think it'd cement him to the Ryanair
                    Good advice but as ive said before, I don't bet other than AP for the festival or when I go racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                      I can see a plunge on UDS personally if the camp are as confident as Paddy made out earlier in the week on reversing the form. He can’t drift in this ground.
                      Agree. He'll go off fav imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Agree. He'll go off fav imo.
                        Lets hope so, cos if Defi goes any bigger it's happy days.
                        You do know he's not Benjamin Button don't you ?

Comment

Ha, ha ! Just that UDS is pretty much unbeatable on Heavy and Defi doesn't to me look or travel like a horse that would relish those conditions. I think UDS is a good thing and will be backed accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Do the double.

I think Defi should go Ryanair anyway. I watched last years JLT last night and I have a feeling he will get outpaced in this and then stay on too late in the day as Cilaos Emery would have jumped him to sleep and quickened up and got first run

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              I think Defi should go Ryanair anyway. I watched last years JLT last night and I have a feeling he will get outpaced in this and then stay on too late in the day as Cilaos Emery would have jumped him to sleep and quickened up and got first run
                              Yes please!

Comment

How old do you think Un De Sceaux has gotten?

There was a neck between then in December, we're now in January

Saying he's a cracking bet to confirm 'a neck' because UDS is "now 12" when he was 11 last month is just fucking meaningless.

It annoys the hell out of me that we just have to guess how old horses actually are as well. Rounding to the nearest 12 fucking months?

Fucking stupid sport at times this is, it's 2020. Scientists split the fucking atom into quarks, and we have to round horses to the year, not even month.

My bleep machine broke

Comment

Working...
                                X