Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Assuming you mean in the staying division.

Champ
    Minella indo
    Samcro
    Next destination
    sam spinner (not a big fan but have to respect him)
    bapaume
    It was a general question really as it’s always something I find varies greatly. With Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown all providing graded prizes within several weeks of each other, it’s tough to always nail down what is the best form as:

Some will win at Cheltenham and at the other meetings (Minella Indo)
    Some will lose at Cheltenham but then win at one of the others (Champ)
    Sone will win at Cheltenham but then lose at one of the others (City Island)
    Some will bypass Cheltenham altogether and win at the others (Reserve Tank)

You’ll also get the odd horse who won’t win any of the major end of season races but turn out to be a much better chaser than hurdler.

Comment

• Lisnagar Oscar has an entry at Stratford on Thursday 31st ,at 2-20 .. Beginner's chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        It was a general question really as it’s always something I find varies greatly. With Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown all providing graded prizes within several weeks of each other, it’s tough to always nail down what is the best form as:

Some will win at Cheltenham and at the other meetings (Minella Indo)
        Some will lose at Cheltenham but then win at one of the others (Champ)
        Sone will win at Cheltenham but then lose at one of the others (City Island)
        Some will bypass Cheltenham altogether and win at the others (Reserve Tank)

You’ll also get the odd horse who won’t win any of the major end of season races but turn out to be a much better chaser than hurdler.
        That's like a poem, or a chorus.
        definitely a tongue twister if you try and say it fast.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how much he's cut on the back of this, should he win. In what looks a very weak race.

You'd have to be a bit disappointed if he doesn't canter to victory.

I'm put off him myself, pulled up at chelt, lame at punchestown. His previous form is just not that good, and can see him being found out long before chelt personally. But
          suppose elliot always thought hed be twice the horse as a chaser. And I cant knock people taking a punt at 33s with cashout.
          While they aren't G1 horses necessarily, Galvin + CY have enough ability to keep him honest on a reappearance.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how much he's cut on the back of this, should he win. In what looks a very weak race.

You'd have to be a bit disappointed if he doesn't canter to victory.

I'm put off him myself, pulled up at chelt, lame at punchestown. His previous form is just not that good, and can see him being found out long before chelt personally. But
            suppose elliot always thought hed be twice the horse as a chaser. And I cant knock people taking a punt at 33s with cashout.
            Oh aye, in the regard I hold him I would be disappointed with anything other than a canter to victory.

Comment

• That was a very impressive round of jumping by Battleoverdoyen

Comment

• A shame is only opposition came down. Jumped very well, and did what he was asked to do,
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• That was a proper chase debut, very impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    That was a very impressive round of jumping by Battleoverdoyen
                    He’s a big old lump but athletic too. Beat nothing but that’s going to be the same for most of these early season egg and spoon races.

Comment

• Some huge horse. Very promising run over fences.

Comment

• Enjoyed that, taken two lots of 25s with Bet365

Comment

• Delighted with that. Jumped very well and did it easily over just under 3m. He’s naturally huge but looked to be carrying plenty of condition to me.

Comment

• Got to go here fit and well you would think?PP 12/1, Hills 16s (12 any race) 20/1 with 365. Can’t see the 20s lasting long though

Comment

• Dont know what to make of that, I'm probably the minority but I think he could be too slow for an RSA? He looks massive and is a plodder to me, who knows we'll see

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                                Dont know what to make of that, I'm probably the minority but I think he could be too slow for an RSA? He looks massive and is a plodder to me, who knows we'll see
                                I thought the opposite in that he wasnt doing too much in front, and was ridden. Against trees basically. Not like he was opening up and hitting the line hard.
                                That's what stopped me taking the 33s. Though I'd probably have nabbed it with cashout available.
                                Happy to get him beat without it, up in grade.

Was his 1st run, he jumped very well, and anyone who's got 33s with cashout is in a very good position.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X