Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One iv backed for this early on in the season is precious cargo but I don't think iv seen him being entered up. Is there any news on him?

I can cash out for most of my stake and I'm thinking about doing so if he doesn't run soon

Comment

• Hes entered on Tuesday not sure if he will get declared though, I thought they saw him as a 2 mile horse and the race hes entered in is over 2m 4f, but youll find out tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Hes entered on Tuesday not sure if he will get declared though, I thought they saw him as a 2 mile horse and the race hes entered in is over 2m 4f, but youll find out tomorrow
        I thought so too, that's why I backed him for the this, I think he looks a 2 miler as well.

I won't be backing him for the JLT......if he is any good I'd have thought hendo would target this race as he doesn't seem to have 1 for the arkle at the moment, not one that I can think of anyway....champagne platinum maybe

Comment

• Post race Tornado Flyer comments

7Dec19 Navan (17Sft, RPR 152)
          He was always going to be a class horse. Willie [Mullins] said 'just keep you powder dry early on'. For a race of that class they probably didn't go that much of a gallop for the first half mile and he was caught a little bit flat footed off the hill. Once I got him balanced down to the last, I knew he'd have a good jump in him and he put it to bed nicely. For a race that wasn't run at break-neck speed, I thought it was a good performance over two miles and one furlong - you wouldn't have to say he'll go further but it will be an option. He's got a bit of class and over fences there could be more to come at that trip, and he can step up also. Most of these horses have either come from France or been point-to-pointers and have huge experience jumping, whereas this lad went straight into a bumper. He's going to be improving all the time and has got the engine, which is the main thing - Danny Mullins, rider of Tornado Flyer

Comment

• I've not backed him so don't care.
            And haven't tried to track down any quotes, but..
            On the FF podcast.
            Barry Orr of Betfair said that skelton had suggested the kingmaker next for Nube Negra then likely to skip cheltenham for aintree.

Just a heads up for any backers that hadn't heard this.
            No idea if it's true or will happen. But it is something Skelton has done before.
            You make your own minds up.

If anyone has any direct quotes that'd help.

Comment

• Last Saturday in the analysis of the Henry viii novice chase (racing post). "trainer Skelton felt the ground was a bit softer than ideal and his gelding will go to the Kingmaker and then Aintree missing Cheltenham"
              Last edited by Pendil; 11 December 2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Cheers Q for the heads up. I have Nube Negra a few times but have no cash out option on them so that looks another hit. Has anyone heard anything about Getaway Trump? The cash out has been taken away in all bets I’ve got him involved with?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  Cheers Q for the heads up. I have Nube Negra a few times but have no cash out option on them so that looks another hit. Has anyone heard anything about Getaway Trump? The cash out has been taken away in all bets I’ve got him involved with?
                  Going back over hurdles- Christmas hurdle the target i believe.

Comment

• I did read that somewhere Jack but do you think they’ll completed abandon chasing with him this season??

Comment

I did read that somewhere Jack but do you think they’ll completed abandon chasing with him this season??
                      More than likely. Hasn't hit the ground running. CH is wide open. Always next year.

Not sure he's up to it myself but sure, 155 (2 behind KD as a novice), if he could find 10pds from somewhere he'd be in the mix anyway.

Comment

I did read that somewhere Jack but do you think they’ll completed abandon chasing with him this season??
                        Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a couple of leg stretches over timber then suddenly appeared with a Grand Annual entry, this really is a yard you have to read between the lines....

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          Not sure he's up to it myself but sure, 155 (2 behind KD as a novice), if he could find 10pds from somewhere he'd be in the mix anyway.
                          A ridiculous rating it was too, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a couple of leg stretches over timber then suddenly appeared with a Grand Annual entry, this really is a yard you have to read between the lines....
                            I hope so, I think there was plenty improvement to come over fences from him and felt not all was lost after just 2 attempts

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              He only had 2 so he cant run in the grand annual. Saving his novice status for next year

A genuine CH campaign.
                              Anyone can debate all day long about whether hes good enough, but he has every right to be in the christmas hurdle.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                He only had 2 so he cant run in the grand annual. Saving his novice status for next year

A genuine CH campaign.
                                Anyone can debate all day long about whether hes good enough, but he has every right to be in the christmas hurdle.
                                Beaten over Christmas. 1 more chase run. Bam, Grand Annual fav

Best to attempt to lose novice status in a festival race and he might improve again next year.

He's got no chance at all in a Champion Hurdle. None. Nil. His only redeeming quality is his jumping of a fence. Improved for it and that still only makes him a handicapper

Comment

Working...
                                X