Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Penzance View Post
    What are the views on Mister Fisher for this prior to this. I really was impressed by him last year up until Cheltenham and was excited by him going as a chaser, so much so I stuck him in a trixie with BOD and Saldier at nice prices. Listening to Henderson’s piece over the weekend he didn’t fill me with too much confidence re: him but maybe that was me reading too much into it.
    I've liked him for this since seeing his run in the supreme and his haydock win last season.
    I think he may be one that improves for fences, and could be a really good jumper.
    But we'll see, fingers crossed.
    Put 4pts on him tomorrow, but it's a tricky enough race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penzance View Post
      What are the views on Mister Fisher for this prior to this. I really was impressed by him last year up until Cheltenham and was excited by him going as a chaser, so much so I stuck him in a trixie with BOD and Saldier at nice prices. Listening to Henderson’s piece over the weekend he didn’t fill me with too much confidence re: him but maybe that was me reading too much into it.
      Tomorrow will be a tricky debut as he’s up against some other decent enough hurdlers making their debuts too. The ground will also not be in Mister Fishers favour either as he’s much better on a sounder surface. He lost first time out last season before going on a run and then finishing the season disappointingly.

He was one of my first backed horses last a season and I’ve dabbled a tiny bit this season too. I’m just trying not to get caught up my Hendo’s over enthusiastic comments as he can be misleading.

Comment

• Cheers folks. It’ll be having a watching brief tomorrow with a dream of him hacking up in March

Comment

• Really looking forward to this race today. Mister Fisher will need to be fairly smart to give three decent race fit rivals a beating on debut in ground he probably won't love on a sharp enough track. But Im really hopeful fences are going to be the making of him and am quite hopeful he will make up into a realistic Arkle / JLT contender.

Watching brief today mind you.

Comment

• I like Mister Fisher for the JLT think he might lose today (personally fancy Torpilo) but a good round of jumping and a close enough finish will be enough for me to back him for the JLT. As weak as the Arkle market looks I don't think he'd be quick enough for that.

Comment

• Not that Fuisse doing the Al Dancer Getaway Trump form no favours there.

Comment

• Beginning to believe Brewin is the best of the English for the Arkle, and am about 90% of the way to cashing him out for JLT for the Arkle tbh!

This would then bring City Island into it, surprise surprise, who I also want to get onside.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                  Not that Fuisse doing the Al Dancer Getaway Trump form no favours there.
                  Check the Cheltenham handicap/cheat up thread.
                  Fully expect this one to appear in the Grand Annual off about 10st 7lb...

Comment

• Decent enough debut from MF, but it didn't scream Arkle winner did it? I'll leave my bet for now as he should strip much fitter and can hopefully pick up a race next time.

Brewin does look a pretty solid EW bet to me at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Check the Cheltenham handicap/cheat up thread.
                      Fully expect this one to appear in the Grand Annual off about 10st 7lb...
                      Probably needs a few more pounds to qualify (131) before today.
                      To be fairly sure to get in you probably needs to be 140+, although mid 130's isn't unheard of.

Comment

• None were impressive in any way, and Torpillo was getting weight and had his ground.
                        Not cashing my Mister Fisher either but needs another stone, as do all the other UK novices.

Windsor Avenue, Nube Negra and Brewinupastorm are the only ones not to have stood still.

Comment

• I'm adding Melon. Had a really good look at this race today and the 25/1 with bet365 and the cashout just looks a rick. Especially when he's only 10's with Paddy. Going to cash Thomas darby for this for money back and keep him for the JLT.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Probably needs a few more pounds to qualify (131) before today.
                            To be fairly sure to get in you probably needs to be 140+, although mid 130's isn't unheard of.
                            Haven’t gone back further than 2018 but 134 and 139 were bottom weights in last two renewals.
                            Skelton is shrewd, he’ll know exactly what he has to do to get his horse qualified and winning.
                            He is the polar opposite of Warren Greatrex....

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              I'm adding Melon. Had a really good look at this race today and the 25/1 with bet365 and the cashout just looks a rick. Especially when he's only 10's with Paddy. Going to cash Thomas darby for this for money back and keep him for the JLT.
                              Completely agree that 25/1 Melon for the Arkle is way too big, and I have added him too. I don’t think he will improve for a trip, though We know that the trainer plans to try it. His run vs Fakir D to me is the best 2M Novice form so I want to have both of them in the book.
                              The British 2M Novice Chase runners, with the exception of Nube Negra, leave me cold.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• I think Brewin’ is being dismissed here. Form reads well and clock time was exceptional on his debut.

Comment

Working...
                                X