Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Out of the top 20 in the market you can put a line through over half of them (Laurina, Klassical Dream, Band Of Outlaws, Malone Road, Samcro, Champ, City Island, Fusil Raffles, Summerville Boy, Aramon). The likes of Thomas Darby, Getaway Trump and Angels Breath could all easily emerge as players in this but I just think the Irish hand will be stronger. Willie has won 4 out of the last 5 and once you have put lines through everything that runs elsewhere, Melon stands out and I think is still a decent bet @ 12/1. Draconien is a complete punt at this stage, but I am happy to have these two in the book, plus 2 free bets on Thomas Darby @ 25/1.

The one I have just added is Fakir D'oudairies @ 25/1 with B365 (as short as 14's elsewhere). I know there is a chance he stays hurdling but they have mentioned chasing and I think JOB will have unfinished business with the race after their bad luck with Le Richbourg last year. We know he handles Cheltenham. It's speculative but with B365 being the best priced and with cash out, it seems the right horse and price to add all things considered.
    Why a line through Laurina? Ruby said the other day no decision has yet been made re her staying over hurdles or going chasing.

Comment

• Fakir wont get the allowance he got last year, will he?
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
        Why a line through Laurina? Ruby said the other day no decision has yet been made re her staying over hurdles or going chasing.
        I would love Laurina to go chasing but word was she stays hurdling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Yeah the owner said she was staying hurdling another year, but being Mullins it could change ofc.

Comment

• Every time I look at the market I just think if Melon takes to fences he just wins this

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              Every time I look at the market I just think if Melon takes to fences he just wins this
              Just the tail end of his form that would worry some i suspect. But 3m1 was never going to suit!

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                Every time I look at the market I just think if Melon takes to fences he just wins this
                Yeh I agree

Comment

• Melon KD first day double do nicely

Comment

• Melon isn't one for me certainly not at the price. He ran one decent race last year with all his other runs being disappointing. Too many questions to answer at this stage

Comment

• at 12/1 you won't get much juice on the each way part of the bet when Melon comes second

Comment

• I can't have Melon on my mind either... price looks incredibly short.

As scooby said, must be some incredible value in the betting for this race when you look at those at the top of the lists... most won't run in this.

Very disappointed Elixir de Nutz is staying over hurdles, think he would have been my main pick for this.

Keep coming back to Thomas Darby at 25/1. Take KD out of the Supreme and he showed a great attitude to hold off Itchy Feet up the hill.

Comment

• Don't fancy strongly any of the ones near top of the market. And as has already been said. Lots are not going to come here.
                          Already backed Grand Sancy, as fancy one of nichols novices will likely make an impression, added it to B365 and was very happy with 40's.
                          Backed Quick Grabim also and hope they go chasing as he looks a definite 2 miler and running style may well suit.

Like the chances of Getaway Trump & Thomas Darby although both will need to be campaigned well and especially TD as he looks like another Kalashnikov to me and needs further (or a strongly run race on soft) to be at his best.

I've just backed Notebook at 50's, been watching the Punchestown meet from the other day and he jumped a perfect round under another excellent ride from Blackmore (she presents them at the fence really well, especially when they're talented enough anyway).
                          Not that good over hurdles but was probably always likely to be a better chaser after coming from PTP's.
                          Be amazed if it's good enough, but they all look shite right now and it looks good enough to shorten in price and win one or two races anyway.

Comment

• I like the look of Quick Grabim too, but just waiting on news regarding which route he goes down.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Be amazed if it's good enough, but they all look shite right now and it looks good enough to shorten in price and win one or two races anyway.
                              Maybe a tad strong Q. There isn't a standout at the moment but there are a few that could be really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Maybe a tad strong Q. There isn't a standout at the moment but there are a few that could be really good.
                                Possibly Klassical Dream aside,
                                IMO the last couple of supreme novice hurdles have been average, the better novice chasers (from the novice hurdle division of last season) look to be stayers again this season.

There is no standout arkle horse, I'd normally write off Melon completely due to three years hurdling, but it's Mullins and he's a genius and Melon has ran all his best races on the second Tuesday in March.

Comment

Working...
                                X