Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Field today with Patrick Mullins. unfortunately it won't let me copy and paste from the digital subscription.

Bapuame- Ruby very sweet on him + reminds Patrick of Footpad as he's very low + rapid over his fences. Dropping to 2m no problem. Hoping his jumping will make him a proper G1 chaser.

Cash Back two mile chasings his job. Danny struggled to pull him up after the line. Awful lot left in the tank. Others did look to underperform that day though.

Comment

• Despite my ramblings about Al Dancer not being a Arkle contender, I do think he is value today, against a horse I feel needs further anyway.

Comment

• Lisp too close to those two?

Will see what the bookies do but I imagine I'll cash both Mister Fisher and Al Dancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Lisp too close to those two?

Will see what the bookies do but I imagine I'll cash both Mister Fisher and Al Dancer.
          No chance either of them over 2m at the festival. How long until they finally step Al Dancer up in trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Lisp too close to those two?

Keep my boy Mister Fisher in the Marsh as I think he’d have a squeak there still. Lisp could be nice for the Grand Annual still

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Despite my ramblings about Al Dancer not being a Arkle contender, I do think he is value today, against a horse I feel needs further anyway.
              They both might need further to be at their best.
              Mr Fisher value for a bit more. maybe ?
              Al Dancer travels well but once you ask him, he;s one paced and just stays on.
              Exactly like his novice win.
              A good stone below what's needed.
              Mr Fisher also looks short of what's required.

Comment

• Think it may have been slowish pace with quick finish, so any proximity would need to be factored in.
                I'll wait for time sectionals if we get any.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  They both might need further to be at their best.
                  Mr Fisher value for a bit more. maybe ?
                  Al Dancer travels well but once you ask him, he;s one paced and just stays on.
                  Exactly like his novice win.
                  A good stone below what's needed.
                  Mr Fisher also looks short of what's required.
                  I concede, Al Dancer won’t be good enough to win an Arkle. I’m gutted as I thought he was going silence the doubters today but he not got enough gears at 2 mile

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                    I concede, Al Dancer won’t be good enough to win an Arkle. I’m gutted as I thought he was going silence the doubters today but he not got enough gears at 2 mile
                    He is like one of those cyclists that don’t get into the right gear, and frantically pedal round and round, but it’s only at walking pace.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                      He is like one of those cyclists that don’t get into the right gear, and frantically pedal round and round, but it’s only at walking pace.
                      One of those annoying cyclists that pedals at 5mph and won’t move out the fucking way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
                        One of those annoying cyclists that pedals at 5mph and won’t move out the fucking way?
                        You got it, they make me laugh.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• I was living in hope NTD was taking his time with him and bringing Al Dancer to boil in March but either NTD is not capable of a slow roast or Al Dancer is not a genuine 2 mile chaser??? Watching his reaction to Al Dancers performance today he prefers the microwave

Comment

• I've gone into every trial here hoping something will emerge to challenge the Irish, but I haven't seen it yet and doubt I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                              Out of Notebook and Fakir for the win, Melon will place. Easy.
                              This was my 1-2-3 in november and bar Melon who is likely to go JLT, still think this is the result. Marie Banrigh probably play for 3rd/4th but nothing of the english will be near IMO

Comment

• Does anyone know where Put The Kettle On is likely to run - is it here? Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X