Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Don’t see how anyone could have Fakir over Notebook for this.

Easily the best of the Irish and I have him as my Tuesday banker
    I really like Fakir for this.Looks a quick jumper of a fence and is quick away from it. Only thing i would like more is if it was a tad older

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
      Any news on getaway trump? Is he heading back novice chasing or being kept for Scottish champion hurdle? Heard conflicting rumours. Any news greatly appreciated.
      With regards notebook and fakir, I have a sneaky feeling result may be reversed if they meet again. Funny scrappy race round a greyhound track and I think best ride won, not best horse. Just my opinion, but djingle caused a false race.
      Not sure what they'll do with Trump. Hoping they'll give him another chance over fences on better ground and ride him more forcefully. I think we would see a different horse ridden that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
        Not sure what they'll do with Trump. Hoping they'll give him another chance over fences on better ground and ride him more forcefully. I think we would see a different horse ridden that way.

Had wind surgery last week hoping to have him ready for spring so he can target a race ‘like the Scottish champion hurdle’

Comment

• Precious Cargo declared vs Champagne Platinum tomorrow in a novice handicap. Slightly different way to campaign an Arkle winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muswell View Post
            Had wind surgery last week hoping to have him ready for spring so he can target a race ‘like the Scottish champion hurdle’
            Not good news but cheers anyway.

Comment

• After champagne platinum’s last run doesn’t surprise me that they’d look to get him a mark for something rather than go to the Arkle, but curious entry for precious cargo. What to make of it?

Comment

• Yet another winner from Bapaume's Naas romp today.

That's now the 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th that have come out and won next time.

Just pray I've got him in the right race here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post
                  After champagne platinum’s last run doesn’t surprise me that they’d look to get him a mark for something rather than go to the Arkle, but curious entry for precious cargo. What to make of it?
                  Got Close brothers written all over it. Champagne Platinum that is.
                  Not priced up though.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Got Close brothers written all over it. Champagne Platinum that is.
                    Not priced up though.
                    Chanpagne Platinum will need to improve greatly on his woeful chase debut to be competitive in the Close Brothers, he was rubbish

Comment

• There was talk of stepping him up to the ballymore last season so yeah would make sense. Would expect a big step up from his schooling session LTO

Comment

• Yep, tomorrow will be interesting.
                        I'd imagine a better round of jumping and a second place behind Precious would do just fine.
                        Probably won't be put into race till too late either.
                        A Barry cautious ride (hopefully not too dozy)

Comment

• I’m interested to see how they both get on. Have had my eye on precious cargo as a potential springer in the Arkle market, so would hope to see him win well.

Comment

• ...Sporting Life’s Matt Brocklebank gives Al Dancer as his ante-post selection for this;

The Racing Post Arkle Trophy comes under the spotlight as Matt Brocklebank recommends backing one for the home team at 25/1.

Comment

• Does anyone think Maire Banrigh would have a hope in this? Looks the target from trainer's comments and I really do love watching her jump.

Entered in a listed race next week at Huntingdon so I guess that will tell us more. Have had a little dabble at 28/1 (PP power boost) with cash out. Will be watching next week with interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                ...Sporting Life’s Matt Brocklebank gives Al Dancer as his ante-post selection for this;

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...t-arkle/176144
                                The last time I looked Al Dancer was heading the Grand Annual market betting so not sure if that’s bookmaker speculation or something has been mentioned by connections to Al Dancer?

Comment

Working...
                                X