Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KD was hugely impressive in the Supreme and I backed him. It is at the back of my mind though that they only went for the 2m race at the last minute when the rains came and the ground turned soft. Before that he was always going to run in the Ballymore. A quick ground Churdle would worry me slightly in respect of his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      KD was hugely impressive in the Supreme and I backed him. It is at the back of my mind though that they only went for the 2m race at the last minute when the rains came and the ground turned soft. Before that he was always going to run in the Ballymore. A quick ground Churdle would worry me slightly in respect of his chances.
      It'll be good to soft at worse though won't it. Unless we get a really warm day on the tuesday.
      And the trip wouldn;t worry Mullins either way I reckon.

Comment

He’s a Grade 1 winner on good so ground is one of the worries I wouldn’t have.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          It'll be good to soft at worse though won't it. Unless we get a really warm day on the tuesday.
          And the trip wouldn;t worry Mullins either way I reckon.
          But surely that would have been the case last year as well and they weren't going to run on the Tuesday until the ground went testing?

Comment

But surely that would have been the case last year as well and they weren't going to run on the Tuesday until the ground went testing?
            Choices choices
            No choice this year.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              He’s a Grade 1 winner on good so ground is one of the worries I wouldn’t have.
              He was entitled to win against the opposition in the Champion Novice at Punch but did look a stayer based on his two wins prior to the Supreme which is why they were thinking Ballymore at the Fez.

Comment

The ground won't be an issue for Klassical Dream. It's just that softer ground would probably hurt the chances of some of his rivals.

The reason that they were leaning towards the Ballymore last season was that they wanted to keep him and Aramon apart. The rain scuppered Aramon's chances and it was decided that the Supreme was an easier option.

If you want to hedge about a better ground Champion Hurdle this season you could do worse than look at Aramon.

Comment

Choices choices
                  No choice this year.
                  Indeed. But that's not my point. Clearly his only option is the Churdle but quicker ground will reduce his chances and bring others closer to him.

Comment

Indeed. But that's not my point. Clearly his only option is the Churdle but quicker ground will reduce his chances and bring others closer to him.
                    I don’t think so.
                    Not a ground obsessive myself, generally

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      The ground won't be an issue for Klassical Dream. It's just that softer ground would probably hurt the chances of some of his rivals.

The reason that they were leaning towards the Ballymore last season was that they wanted to keep him and Aramon apart. The rain scuppered Aramon's chances and it was decided that the Supreme was an easier option.

If you want to hedge about a better ground Champion Hurdle this season you could do worse than look at Aramon.
                      Is he staying over hurdles archie?

Haven't even looked at his price yet)

Was hoping for 40/1 -66/1
                      Not for me at the prices.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

He was entitled to win against the opposition in the Champion Novice at Punch but did look a stayer based on his two wins prior to the Supreme which is why they were thinking Ballymore at the Fez.
                        The choice they had between Ballymore/Supreme, coupled with KD beating grade 1 winner Aramon on good ground, tells you all you need to know about KD’s versatility so I really wouldn’t worry about ground. I get your point and whilst not the deepest race, nothing is entitled to win a grade 1. I echo what Archie said re Aramon, certainly worse bets to be had.

Comment

I don’t think so.
                          Not a ground obsessive myself, generally
                          Exactly. Il obsess about it over the weekend before Cheltenham, but October 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Is he staying over hurdles archie?

Haven't even looked at his price yet)

Was hoping for 40/1 -66/1
                            Not for me at the prices.
                            I think that's the way they will go in the end.

Ruby admitted that he should have won at Aintree and the horse was gone by Punchestown. The way I look at it is that, if he shows good form early he will shorten in the market because there are many in the betting that are likely non-runners. If he hasn't improved much he's on a fair mark and could easily go the handicap route so 20/1 any race looks the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              I think that's the way they will go in the end.

Ruby admitted that he should have won at Aintree and the horse was gone by Punchestown. The way I look at it is that, if he shows good form early he will shorten in the market because there are many in the betting that are likely non-runners. If he hasn't improved much he's on a fair mark and could easily go the handicap route so 20/1 any race looks the best option.
                              They did give felix desjy a bit of a soft one upfront. Especially on the flatter track.

I have to admit hes 100% better value then the likes of Pentland hills, ( i'm astounded at his price of 10/1)
                              But the 1/5 the odds on EW is a killer these days.

For the champion alone.
                              £10 ew on aramon at 25s. Your only getting 2/1 the place, assuming he doesn't win ofcourse.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Mullins Regarding KD (via ATR):

“Klassical Dream might go to Down Royal (WKD Hurdle), but I would say that the Morgiana in Punchestown is more likely where we will start him off.

“He has been very good at home.”

Comment

Working...
                                X