Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's as good as we could hope for. I'll take that
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Champion Hurdle favourite Saldier will not run in the Grade 1 Matheson Hurdle at Leopardstown over Christmas.

The five-year-old was a surprise winner of the Morgiana Hurdle last month, beating stablemate Klassical Dream and Petit Mouchoir, but trainer Willie Mullins was not completely happy with his runner after the race.

Speaking on Monday, Mullins said: "Saldier didn't come out of his Morgiana win as well as I'd hoped.

"I'm not 100 per cent happy with him so we decided not to enter him for the Matheson Hurdle on December 29. Hopefully he will be back in action early in the new year."

Saldier's victory in the Morgiana was his second top-level success and his first start since shattering his nose in a fall at Naas last year.

Mullins has made three entries for the Matheson Hurdle, which takes place on the final day of the Christmas festival.

Among those who could line up is last season's Supreme winner Klassical Dream, dual Grade 1 scorer Sharjah, and Aramon.

Nine other runners have been entered for two-mile contest, which include Petit Mouchoir and the unbeaten Honeysuckle, though connections said on Monday she was unlikely to run.
      cheers ccm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        At what price do you back saldier on the exchange? and just hope hes got a knock, so therefore will be back
        Don't see much point now myself. Should KD or another win well at Leop, you'd think Saldier might drift a bit. I may well back him again but not until he's entered again, or the exchanges start to speak a bit more positively.

Comment

That's as good as we could hope for. I'll take that
          Took the words out my mouth

Comment

• the way this market is cutting up it wouldnt suprise me to see Melon re routed here, this could end up being the easier assignment for him.

Comment

• Pleased for the race and those on here that Saldier will hopefully be back in the new year. Probs wouldn’t have cashed him in hindsight but as long as he remains around 6/1 can look to reinvest in the new year once he gets an entry.

Comment

Supasundae.

Won't be for everyone but he's a bet at 40s ew for me, as per my own thread.
                Wow, this race must be getting desperate... I remember last season you were saying he'd be outpaced and have no chance

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  Wow, this race must be getting desperate... I remember last season you were saying he'd be outpaced and have no chance
                  I certainly did. Look at the opposition last year, and look at this.
                  Night and day

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                    It's actually 2 years running.
                    And I've already reminded him obviously

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      It's actually 2 years running.
                      And I've already reminded him obviously
                      And 2 years running he's ran in the race i'v backed him in, if its 3, I'll be happy

Comment

• ....all being well, I actually wonder if Saldier’s next race might be the CH itself. The horse appears to go very well fresh, I checked it’s longest absences;

Mar ‘17 won after 103 day absence.
                        Feb ‘18 won after a 285 day absence.
                        Nov ‘18 fell disputing the lead with Espoir D’allen after 196 day absence.
                        Nov ‘19 won after a 371 day absence.

It’d be a nervous wait, but as long as Saldier turns up at Cheltenham in March it might not necessarily be a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                          ....all being well, I actually wonder if Saldier’s next race might be the CH itself. The horse appears to go very well fresh, I checked it’s longest absences;

It’d be a nervous wait, but as long as Saldier turns up at Cheltenham in March it might not necessarily be a negative.
                          Excellent post Eggs

Comment

And 2 years running he's ran in the race i'v backed him in, if its 3, I'll be happy
                            He left the 2018 Champion Hurdle in the bag I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                              ....all being well, I actually wonder if Saldier’s next race might be the CH itself. The horse appears to go very well fresh, I checked it’s longest absences;

Think you will be proved correct there. Would be very happy with that

Comment

• not sure if this has been posted

Comment

Working...
                                X