Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Market deffo suggests KD is not running. Sharjah being smashed.
    Doesn't suggest it. Sharjah would be odds on. KD would be pushed out.

Sharjah was overpriced in what will basically cut up into a match race.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• With Labaik, having a picnic at the start

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
        I am happy with Fusil Raffles reappearance win and won’t cash out any bets I have on him.

Three runs in UK/IRE 2 Grade 2 Wins and 1 Grade 1 Win.

Will probably go up to 155 from 152 for that, and I would expect improvement race by race for a first full season racing. Need to find a stone to compete at the end of CH, and plenty of time to find it.

Plenty of untapped potential to watch through his first full season I would expect.

KIV: One year ago today, 10/11/18 Espoir D’Allen made his seasonal debut aged 4yo, winning a Grade 3 Hurdle. RPR of race 143, and Official Rating before and after the race 147. It was the seventh race of his career.

FR is ahead of target on that basis!
        Done a complete u-turn on Fusil Raffles. Feel a bit daft admitting cashing out stake at 16/1 only to back at 14/1 a few days later

I said pre-race I'll back him and cash out anything other than a hard held win. It wasn't so I just cashed out. I then watched the race back a few times and changed my mind. He jumps hurdles (barring mistake down the back) like a champion hurdler. It was his first run back after having only been back 3 weeks (don't really buy that Hendo but nice to hear nonetheless) and just think I may have judged him too harshly or perhaps better put, too early. He'll need to step into competitive company and improve but like you say, he has plenty of time to find it.

Comment

• Along with adding Honeysuckle 40/1 EW today for the race i've added Sharjah 33/1 EW

Quite obvious reasons as per some previous posts on here for Sharjah. Could very well shorten dramatically over the next month or so and has the entry this Saturday. Supasundae gets a lot of stick over 2 miles but he's as solid a yardstick in the Irish trials and Sharjah's beating of him in December 3.75L reads very well when a back to form Buveur D'Air beat the same horse 2.5L at Punchestown.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
            Done a complete u-turn on Fusil Raffles. Feel a bit daft admitting cashing out stake at 16/1 only to back at 14/1 a few days later

I said pre-race I'll back him and cash out anything other than a hard held win. It wasn't so I just cashed out. I then watched the race back a few times and changed my mind. He jumps hurdles (barring mistake down the back) like a champion hurdler. It was his first run back after having only been back 3 weeks (don't really buy that Hendo but nice to hear nonetheless) and just think I may have judged him too harshly or perhaps better put, too early. He'll need to step into competitive company and improve but like you say, he has plenty of time to find it.
            Charlie I confess
            Have done the same :-))

Comment

• Never trust Nicky Henderson when he's being interviewed (especially when he's leaning on something)

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                Charlie I confess
                Have done the same :-))
                Haha nice to hear I wasn’t the only one

Comment

• Am I reading that correctly?

People have watched Fusil Raffles, then backed him to win the Champion Hurdle at 14/1?

Plenty of time to find the improvement needed? I agree..... so why tie up your money now? He's priced as if he's already made the improvement.... he definitely, definitely, definitely has NOT shown any form so far making him a 14/1 shot.

Cash out again I'm wrong at least 10000 times a week but come on fellas... you can't honestly believe you watched a CH winner as Jacob threw everything he had to get past Grand Sancy.

Honestly, you'll look back at this and thank me. Even if he goes on to improve, you'll be able to get a fair price with evidence, you don't need to guess on him now.

Comment

• Think Fusils will look a different horse in Xmas Hurdle after which 14's could look tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Am I reading that correctly?

People have watched Fusil Raffles, then backed him to win the Champion Hurdle at 14/1?

Plenty of time to find the improvement needed? I agree..... so why tie up your money now? He's priced as if he's already made the improvement.... he definitely, definitely, definitely has NOT shown any form so far making him a 14/1 shot.

Cash out again I'm wrong at least 10000 times a week but come on fellas... you can't honestly believe you watched a CH winner as Jacob threw everything he had to get past Grand Sancy.

Honestly, you'll look back at this and thank me. Even if he goes on to improve, you'll be able to get a fair price with evidence, you don't need to guess on him now.
                      There aren't many other ways to interpret my humble confession!

I concede 14/1 is short, but ultimately it's 1pt with cash out so its a small position with minimal risk (I'd rather take 14's with cash out than 25's without). I can currently cash out 98% of my stake so my money isn't tied up if I change my mind (again ), or if something happens and I want to cash out.

Do I believe I watched a CH winner, no, but I'm not expecting to in November. Of course I would have liked to see him win hard held and would be lying if I said I was really happy with that, but as with any Juvenile stepping up he's a work in progress. The first thing I wanted to see was slick jumping and attacking his hurdles, and I definitely watched a horse (barring a blip down the back) that jumps well enough to be considered a champion hurdler. It was a first run back with an allegedly short prep (not sure how much of that I believe) and the Champion Hurdle market is wide open. Klassical Dream is super short, Pentland Hills is third favourite and the market is then littered with those that have gone chasing or won't feature in this (City Island, BDD, Melon, Laurina, Fakir - the more I type this the more BVD looks decent at 6's).

My position on the race was Saldier (20/1) and Sharjah (33/1), which I am happy with, but I am hopeful something will emerge and it could very well be Fusil Raffles. Under no illusions he will definitely need to take a huge step forward but there's no reason he couldn't make that improvement. Or he could do a Peace and Co, who knows. When I think about how many juveniles fail to make the step up it does make me reflect and think 14's is super short and maybe its a bad bet, I suppose I'll know after the xmas hurdle.

Comment

• You have to give klassical dream his dues if he wins this on Saturday.

Hes already priced for the CH like hes Been out and won the morgiana.
                        The same as sharjah is priced like he was tailed off last 1st time up.

But despite the numbers, it's a real quality race. Remove buveur dair and I'd have this the 1-2-3

What price klassical dream goes, if he wins this could be unthinkable.
                        The same as IF sharjah doesn't win. I cant fathom him getting any bigger.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Am I reading that correctly?

People have watched Fusil Raffles, then backed him to win the Champion Hurdle at 14

Guilty as charged Kev , however 100% transparency should be applauded not gently ? ridiculed �� lol

All “credit” to Charlie for posting first

Getaway Trump is another that divides opinion
                          I’ve not cashed out but went back in again
                          Sunday will soon be here

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                            Guilty as charged Kev , however 100% transparency should be applauded not gently ? ridiculed �� lol

All “credit” to Charlie for posting first

Getaway Trump is another that divides opinion
                            I’ve not cashed out but went back in again
                            Sunday will soon be here
                            I can take it gently (as an actress said to a bishop )

Kev's post is a good one. Important to challenge opinion. It helps to reassess things and/or see things from another perspective.

Comment

• Fusil Raffles hurdling was the only positive to come out of his seasonal debut, everything else about his run was pretty rubbish tbh.

14/1 is an insult IMO, you'd be wanting 25's+, or at least I would, to even consider him, still not sure I'd back him at that though.

Comment

• Yep, there's a lot more time running fast or not - in between the 8 hurdles too.

Comment

Working...
                                X