Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    Do you mean Botox Has has a lot too make up on form or Mick Pastor?
    Yeah on collateral form, so the 3rd from the race Botox Has finished 2nd in in France was PU against Mick Pastor and the 4th placed horse was 33 lengths behind Mick Pastor, as opposed to only 7 lengths behind BH.

Obviously being juveniles they are all open to any amount of improvement from each race, but I struggle to imagine Mick Pastor won't have a bit in hand, provided fit enough of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
      Ive backed Mick Pastor for the Triumph and Im pretty concerned about him here tomorrow on this ground, if he doesnt settle it could be a bit disastrous, fearing the worst hoping for the best.
      Ground could be a concern, though it didn't stop him at Auteuil when beating Nirvana Du Berlais.

Comment

• Mick Pastor hacked up in heavy ground in France so tomorrow should be a piece of cake.

Comment

• Allmankind
          3g Sea The Moon - Wemyss Bay
          W J and T C O Gredley
          6231-60 (Flat)
          RPR 89f OR 86f
          Has some good form on the Flat but he's been very keen and we need to get him settled. He looks like he's taken well to hurdles and he's one to look forward to.

Botox Has
          3g Dream Well - Bournie
          John Stone
          2-1
          RPR 115h

A promising juvenile hurdler, who beat Sunday's Kempton winner Prefontaine on his first start for us. That was a good performance and he could run in the Triumph Hurdle Trial at Cheltenham in mid-November.

Comment

• Zarkareva declared for the 12.35 at Punchestown on Sunday. Could be an interesting one although I'm not sure HdB has much of a history with juvenile hurdlers.

Comment

• Cheers CoD, I thought was the case and keen to back Mick Pastor tomorrow if it goes ahead

Comment

• It’s going ahead tomorrow; third last fence and hurdle taken out

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Mick Pastor hacked up in heavy ground in France so tomorrow should be a piece of cake.
                  I admire your confidence,

Nirvana du berlais was held up, it's been shown since that hes seen to far better effect being allowed to dictate.

in Hind sight and in all reality mick pastor might be a flash in the pan who caught a decent one out early, having been allowed an easy run into the race.

At 40s what he was, maybe worth a punt, but at short odds tomorrow your brave, hes now found in the market and no value for the triumph itself unless ofcourse he wins like you think, and runs a sequence
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Mick Pastor hacked up in heavy ground in France so tomorrow should be a piece of cake.
                    They are on record about how keen is at home, if he's keen tomorrow its very hard to see him doing himself justice. I hope he wins 10 lengths but pretty concerned, that is my nature generally with these things, suffering PMT (pre-Mick-tension)

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Ground could be a concern, though it didn't stop him at Auteuil when beating Nirvana Du Berlais.
                      Video here https://c-f.fr/tribune/videos/3814-p...il-mick-pastor

Doesnt look like GB heavy

EDIT

My first ride on the Saturday is Mick Pastor for Paul Nicholls. He’s a French import with heavy ground form, so you would like to think conditions won’t be a problem.

He has the right kind of profile for the race and Paul seems very keen on him. Of the opposition, Allmankind from the Skelton yard won well at Warwick last time out, while Gary Moore’s Botox Has was impressive at Fontwell.
                      Last edited by mayo; 15 November 2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• What a horrible sight those 2 horses falling at last and staying down. Do hope they were just winded.

Comment

• I notice horses are being cut quite a bit now purely for being Declared, one being Mick Pastor. They are getting worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                            I notice horses are being cut quite a bit now purely for being Declared, one being Mick Pastor. They are getting worse.
                            i noticed that too. MP going from 20/1 into 16s with 365. To be honest I am not on him tomorrow and won’t be either at the price, but good luck to all. Got a free but on for triumph at 40s but nothing else.

Comment

• Mick Pastor will probably go a silly short price if he wins well tomorrow giving 5lbs to this lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                                They are on record about how keen is at home, if he's keen tomorrow its very hard to see him doing himself justice. I hope he wins 10 lengths but pretty concerned, that is my nature generally with these things, suffering PMT (pre-Mick-tension)
                                ha ha !!,, love it Billymag.

Comment

Working...
                                X