Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks guys for your responses re Benie D D chase rating and potential participation in the Ladbroke. On what you've said I fully expect her mark to be increased from 147. I can't imagine they would increase it by more than 10 pounds which would still put her half a stone behind the likes of Santini and Lostintranslation which would put her in with a serious chance. Mullins has said he is looking to put her back over fences and is not afraid to take on the boys. She'll never get a better chance to pick up a big handicap chase and Mullins win it recently with Total Recall who incidentally also ran off 147 in the race. I have a huge hunch they will go for it and have backed her accordingly with Hills at 12's. Should she be declared she will start a strong favourite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Many thanks guys for your responses re Benie D D chase rating and potential participation in the Ladbroke. On what you've said I fully expect her mark to be increased from 147. I can't imagine they would increase it by more than 10 pounds which would still put her half a stone behind the likes of Santini and Lostintranslation which would put her in with a serious chance. Mullins has said he is looking to put her back over fences and is not afraid to take on the boys. She'll never get a better chance to pick up a big handicap chase and Mullins win it recently with Total Recall who incidentally also ran off 147 in the race. I have a huge hunch they will go for it and have backed her accordingly with Hills at 12's. Should she be declared she will start a strong favourite.
      I know I jokingly answered on the stayers thread but you probably ought to try and tweet the Ricci racing manager guy (forgot his name, chambers or something) and just ask if she's in training at the minute or not ?

Comment

• Joe Chambers

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          I know I jokingly answered on the stayers thread but you probably ought to try and tweet the Ricci racing manager guy (forgot his name, chambers or something) and just ask if she's in training at the minute or not ?
          I've already backed her so the 'damage' is done. Thanks for your info though. Fingers crossed and got OK Corral as a back up just in case.

Comment

I've already backed her so the 'damage' is done. Thanks for your info though. Fingers crossed and got OK Corral as a back up just in case.

This OK Corral intriguing alright Lobos , Hendo recent stable tour positive comments helps also. Valid reason for his festival flop and way he won his earlier two novice chases certainly was eye catching at the time.

If he wins the Ladbrooke , he will not be a general 66/1 anymore. I am on Santini but after rereading comments by Hendo , I took a little 130/1 on exchanges last night as a back up. His previous Cheltenham form behind Kilbricken Storm stands up well with Santini back in 3rd so worth throwing a few quid on him.

Comment

• Elegant Escape is ready this time. Firdt he wins the charlie hall then he wins haydocks betfair chase then he wins the gold cup.

Comment

• Cuckoo:

"Someone who has lost the plot and has no idea what time of day it is. Often talks incessantly about nothing in particular, regardless of whether you are listening to them or not. Also bonkers and hatstand."

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                  Cuckoo:

"Someone who has lost the plot and has no idea what time of day it is. Often talks incessantly about nothing in particular, regardless of whether you are listening to them or not. Also bonkers and hatstand."

Very good SC

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                    Elegant Escape is ready this time. Firdt he wins the charlie hall then he wins haydocks betfair chase then he wins the gold cup.
                    You'd give Stevie Wonder a run for his money in the blind optimism stakes ET, time to phone home!

Delta Work wins this for me, was only a 6yr old this year, jumped horribly in the RSA, jockey done everything wrong yet still finished close up!

Comment

• Just watched the RSA back - what a belting race.

They pulled SO far clear of the rest.

Such a shame TOTG is out... there really doesn't seem to be much between the 3 of them.

I don't think you can fancy Delta Work without thinking Santini is also a good bet, and vice versa

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Just watched the RSA back - what a belting race.

They pulled SO far clear of the rest.

Such a shame TOTG is out... there really doesn't seem to be much between the 3 of them.

I don't think you can fancy Delta Work without thinking Santini is also a good bet, and vice versa
                        If you read GE's stable tour re DW you may change your mind. He blames himself and his Jockey instructions for DW not winning RSA. He has a huge chance in the Blue Riband.

Comment

• What i read into this from last year is Santini's build up to the RSA was so bad but to finish where it did was was a belting result.Im happy to keep throwing cash at this.

Comment

If you read GE's stable tour re DW you may change your mind. He blames himself and his Jockey instructions for DW not winning RSA. He has a huge chance in the Blue Riband.
                            That's fair but Hendo would bring up the awful prep that Santini had. Three very good horses would be how I'd see it.

Comment

• For me both Santini and Topofthegame would have the edge over Delta Work in the Gold Cup if all were fit. Come those extra two furlongs of the Gold Cup their ground devouring strides will help see the race out better than Delta Work.

Comment

Change my mind about what?

I said if you fancy one, you have to fancy the other... not that neither have a chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X