Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Interesting point Kev. Ive been using mine mostly on rollups to get horses at huge prices. Basically short price footy teams in an accum added to my most fancied horses. Its allowed me to get Envoi Allen in at big prices but ive wasted 2 so far, one which included United last night rolling up onto Shiskin (1 rollup already completed on him).
    I can see me trying a few more rollups (want another Shiskin rollup and a Chacun) and il then be considering just focusing the freebets on single horses to i get the targeted returns before moving onto the next.
    I was the same last year KSS, had couple nice roll ups. Obviously some pay off prior to the festival and some don’t.

Envoi Allen along with football games was a decent return for me (8/1 EA was with 5 teams), also had a lovely roll up for Chacun which hurt when he was pulled morning of the race.

Found it easier rolling up football than trying to use flat horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      I save all my Skybet ones up until I fancy something strongly enough where I want them covered but not enough for it to be with cash.

However, I do get tempted occasionally with the Skybet special RequestABets that this thread is dedicated to.

When you think that there are 52 weeks, plus opportunities every week at least once to gain more free bets with their ‘bet first half, get a free bet for the second half’ offer (which is never actually limited to the footy so I use for Cheltenham) and suddenly there’s over 500 quid just in Skybet free bets sitting there.

Plus a tenner each week from paddy power is another £500 minimum.

And Betfair this year have been doing ‘bet £10 in a day and get a £5 free bet each day’ which is easy atm with plenty of footy doubles to back. Another offer they’re doing is £20 on the exchange and get £5 free bet on the exchange.

Add all these up and I’ll have around £2000 in free bets on Cheltenham again - and that’s before any of the Cheltenham-specific offers that plenty of bookies do.

I genuinely think saving and using the free bet opportunities that are available makes a huge difference if used well.
      I absolutely agree MOM.

Another that may be worth doing is the 888Sport Up For 8 competition, which is FREE to play, where, not only do you have the chance to win a share £8k (obviously unlikely) but you should be able to hit a few correct scores for a free bet every week. Used on numerous accounts these can build up too!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        I absolutely agree MOM.

Another that may be worth doing is the 888Sport Up For 8 competition, which is FREE to play, where, not only do you have the chance to win a share £8k (obviously unlikely) but you should be able to hit a few correct scores for a free bet every week. Used on numerous accounts these can build up too!
        Thanks for this CoD. I have an account with them so will take advantage of that.

Comment

• I’ve been using my last few free bets on a shinskin easyland double targets set Il be topping up for another couple of weeks only @11 with sky but happy to get double figures free bets on it

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            I absolutely agree MOM.

I’ve been doing those too but only in the last 4 weeks. They’re useful as you say even if it’s only £3 or £4 a week.

Comment

• I did this from the end of Cheltenham 2019 trying to cover every race. I went in on Envoi Allen with every account I had and the other half's too along with a few others that went close. Made a decent profit so decided to do it again. Betway closed my account but there's still plenty of others doing promotions. I take advantage of the Betfair multiples offer to combine the ones I fancy for Cheltenham and back all the different multiples. I'll let you all know how I get on when the time comes

Comment

• I've topped up again today on the best Sky specials RAB. Only let me have £12.50 more on but that's plenty in total now. Won't be going in again so I'll pass it on before it's taken down. Put The Kettle On and The Big Getaway to be placed in top 4 in any race at the festival. Currently 9/1. In my eyes the best special by a country mile. PTKO will surely be going for either the Champion Chase or the Mares Chase. Both those will cut up and likely have single figure runners. I think she is nailed on to be in the 1st 4 in either race especially with Honey now staying over hurdles. That leaves The Big Getaway to finish top 4 in any race. Even if he took on Envoi I'd still expect him to fill one of the 3 places behind him based on his Ballymore run. A must have bet. I'm stood in the queue now waiting to pick up a nice bundle. Lovely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                  I've topped up again today on the best Sky specials RAB. Only let me have £12.50 more on but that's plenty in total now. Won't be going in again so I'll pass it on before it's taken down. Put The Kettle On and The Big Getaway to be placed in top 4 in any race at the festival. Currently 9/1. In my eyes the best special by a country mile. PTKO will surely be going for either the Champion Chase or the Mares Chase. Both those will cut up and likely have single figure runners. I think she is nailed on to be in the 1st 4 in either race especially with Honey now staying over hurdles. That leaves The Big Getaway to finish top 4 in any race. Even if he took on Envoi I'd still expect him to fill one of the 3 places behind him based on his Ballymore run. A must have bet. I'm stood in the queue now waiting to pick up a nice bundle. Lovely.
                  It's just about the same price as if you could combine their any race prices (11/1 and 12/1) - but you lose the win potential for the additional place.

It's not outstanding value in my opinion, outstanding value would be when they're better value than you could get on their prices or something like that....however I do like both and have had 1 point on my friends account

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    It's just about the same price as if you could combine their any race prices (11/1 and 12/1) - but you lose the win potential for the additional place.

It's not outstanding value in my opinion, outstanding value would be when they're better value than you could get on their prices or something like that....however I do like both and have had 1 point on my friends account
                    It's outstanding value. 4 places Any Race the two is amazeballs especially when you think PTKO will end up in a race where around 8 will run. It's basically giving you 9/1 TBG to finish in the first 4. I'm going in again

Comment

It's outstanding value. 4 places Any Race the two is amazeballs especially when you think PTKO will end up in a race where around 8 will run. It's basically giving you 9/1 TBG to finish in the first 4. I'm going in again
                      It's July though isn't it.

It'd potentially look outstanding value on the day... but on the day "any race" is irrelevant.

I think we have different definitions of outstanding.

If it was NRNB, it'd be closer to outstanding value.

Comment

It's July though isn't it.

It'd potentially look outstanding value on the day... but on the day "any race" is irrelevant.

I think we have different definitions of outstanding.

If it was NRNB, it'd be closer to outstanding value.
                        It's July for every AP bet ! Lol !
                        9/1 on the day or NRNB is a wet dream. You'd never get that.
                        Last edited by Lobos; 19 July 2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• July is well early, but this year was the first festival i played abte post far out with and i was in very nice profit, so im giving it a proper go this time! I wont be losing any sleep over non runners it is wot it is!

Comment

It's July for every AP bet ! Lol !
                            9/1 on the day or NRNB is a wet dream. You'd never get that.
                            Point being, value in July is a lot harder to find...

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                            July is well early, but this year was the first festival i played abte post far out with and i was in very nice profit, so im giving it a proper go this time! I wont be losing any sleep over non runners it is wot it is!
                            I'd consider myself a seasoned ante-post punter now, and last year was one of the better ones for injuries (although not everybody will have felt the same).... but you would start to lose sleep over non runners if you wasted too much of your overall stake before the season gets going (not you specifically, just people in general).

There will be more bad ante post books this year than in any other in my opinion, because people have been more active than they would have been with LESS information to go on than we usually have. Myself very much included.

Comment

Point being, value in July is a lot harder to find...

I'd consider myself a seasoned ante-post punter now, and last year was one of the better ones for injuries (although not everybody will have felt the same).... but you would start to lose sleep over non runners if you wasted too much of your overall stake before the season gets going (not you specifically, just people in general).

There will be more bad ante post books this year than in any other in my opinion, because people have been more active than they would have been with LESS information to go on than we usually have. Myself very much included.
                              Agree. I've bet probably half of what I did in total last year but with this virus about I've saved a packet as normally I'd have gone racing at least 10 times by this point so I'm probably in a better financial position.

Comment

• I like it Lobos but price definitely reflects making it to the fez! But if both get there then we are on a good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X