Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I do this as well. Usually pick a couple of ante post horses and combine them with my weekend horses or football bets. Already got some nice bets running on to Klassical Dream in the Champion Hurdle
    I guess I’m in the minority then but this game is all about opinions. Good luck if you’re a backer but he’s not for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
      I guess I’m in the minority then but this game is all about opinions. Good luck if you’re a backer but he’s not for me
      What are you in the minority with? Are you against Klassical Dream in the champion?

Comment

Quite right Kautostar, good job we don't all agree with every selection / opinion , be pretty boring then...

Comment

What are you in the minority with? Are you against Klassical Dream in the champion?
          I think it was a reply to my post on Sceau royal F_M ..

Comment

Sorry replied with the wrong quote, multitasking isn’t my strong point. I was on about SR. I’m very much in favour of Klassical dream and have a few nice bets on him already

Comment

• With Vautour, Faugheen and I all having the same plan to boost Festival bets, by backing horses during the season doubled (or trebled) with our Festival fancies to small stakes, then it would be good to hear of any of these future successful mid-season wins that sets up bigger payouts on our Festival fancies.

Be good to have one or two getting the ball rolling on this next weekend, and then into the York Ebor Meeting.

Good luck all.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 11 August 2019, 05:48 PM.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Sorry replied with the wrong quote, multitasking isn’t my strong point. I was on about SR. I’m very much in favour of Klassical dream and have a few nice bets on him already
                No problem - I'm easily confused.

Comment

• Do you guys record the accas that you put on where the first bet loses, seems like a pretty high risk strategy. Be interesting if you could keep a total of your loses so we can see how effective the technique is.

Comment

• It's a tactic i'm using more this season (horses rolling onto the Festival). Has worked well in very limited examples over the last few seasons (Might Bite in the King George 2017 rolling on, Min and Envoi Allen DRF 2019 rolling on)

I'm keeping tabs on the losing bets so they just get factored in as losses. So far I've done:

Ongoing
                    Delta Work (GC) - Punchestown double
                    Gypsy Island (MN) - Punchestown double
                    Minella Indo (RSA) - Punchestown double and Punchestown double with Gypsy Island
                    Lostintranslation (GC) - Enable KG double
                    Santini (Ladbroke) - Enable KG double
                    Topofthegame (Ladbroke) - Enable KG double

Future
                    Santini - Ladbroke / GC double
                    Topofthegame - Ladbroke / GC double

Lost
                    Commander of Fleet (any) - Punchestown double
                    Carefully Selected (any) - Punchestown double
                    Allaho (any) - Punchestown double
                    Lostintranslation (GC) - Punchestown double with Defi du Seuil

The Ladbroke for either Santini or Topofthegame (very hard to split the pair) is the stand out focus for me at the moment.
                    However it's definitely one where I won't be too reliant on one horse / outcome though. Whether that's bets rolling on through the season or as Festival multiples.

Comment

• Which firm has priced up the to win The Hennessey and The Gold Cup double?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Which firm has priced up the to win The Hennessey and The Gold Cup double?
                        Bet365
                        Both 50-1

Comment

• Cheers; Lostintranslation would be very interesting as well

Comment

• 66/1 and 80/1 with SkyBet (requestabet) too. Annoyingly I'm down to £5 limits on any special with them but they do reset after 24hours so have the opportunity to place multiple times at least.

Agree on Lostintranslation but I'd be very surprised if he rocked up in that race. Looks much more a King George type for me. Tizzard tends to have 2 types of staying chasers - your Native River and Elegant Escape types who look like out and out stayers who have already had plenty of races over 3 miles+ - these go the big handicap Chase route of Ladbroke/Welsh National etc. Then you have the horses who have that mix of speed and stamina - Cue Card, Thistlecrack...who are sent to Kempton. I see LIT as the latter for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                              Do you guys record the accas that you put on where the first bet loses, seems like a pretty high risk strategy. Be interesting if you could keep a total of your loses so we can see how effective the technique is.
                              Billymag, I don’t particularly do acca’s linking weekend racing with long-range Festival bets, more likely the odd couple of fivers on a horse I like running now, with a Cheltenham Festival selection, in a double.

For example looking now at ELARQAM for the Juddmonte International at York next week. Needs supplementing but this is stated at 90% certain.

I don’t have any Festival selections for Novice Hurdles at the moment, so I am looking at William Hills prices and putting
                              £5 Double Elarqam (Juddmonte) 10/1 & Shishkin (Supreme) 25/1 - pays £1430 for a fiver
                              £5 Double Elarqam (Juddmonte) 10/1 & Festival D’Ex (Ballymore) 25/1 - pays £1430 for a fiver.

So I keep low stakes and looking at doubling something I am looking at betting in a race in the next few days together with a long range Festival selection. If the first selection goes in then I have a very decent payout on a single horse in a Festival race.

Some will fall by the wayside, but I only really need one to come good at the above figures to give a handsome profit on the small stakes I am using.

Also it saves me putting larger stakes win singles bets on these Festival selections if I already have a bet rolling worth a payout of £500, £1,000 or £1,500.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                                Do you guys record the accas that you put on where the first bet loses, seems like a pretty high risk strategy. Be interesting if you could keep a total of your loses so we can see how effective the technique is.
                                All of my bets throughout the year are recorded on a spreadsheet so they just form part of my overall profit / loss. I keep records aligned with financial year to capture the festival and simplify record keeping.

Well it simplifies it in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X