Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    Whilst Espoir was impressive the trainer stated he loved the ground and when you compare it to the supreme even factoring worse ground it was more visually impressive than knockout on the clock. Klassical on soft looked very good in the supreme i see no reason why Mullins would opt for stayers hurdle over a CH with the current horses at his disposal. Going chasing be the only debate surely vs a CH tilt, would love to see those two head to head next year two young guns potentially lighting up the 2m division.
    Simon Rowlands has analysed the pick of the action from the first two days of Cheltenham with sectional comparisons of the Supreme and Champion Hurdle plus the Ballymore and the Coral Cup.

useful article for anyone not seen it yet.
    Just have to be impressed with both Klassical Dream and Espoir D'allen.
    I especially like the way ED finished the race off such fast early sectionals, the rest just slowed down.
    Laurina looked like she was going faster in the first half mile than she'd ever done, then she settled nicely, but had no finish.
    Melon should be marked up as he was up with the pace throughout, and looks destined for a step up in trip in my book.
    But the way ED cruised up at the bottom of the hill and skipped away was top drawer.

Comment

• A Plus Tard is 16/1 with Billy Hills to Win Any Festival Race, and can be boosted to 17.52/1.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Fair points Outlaw.
        KD was Ballymore bound all winter until the ground came so I assume they feel his future is over further, could be wrong...
        Willie & Ruby think you need to stay to win a champion hurdle and Willie don't see much difference between 2m and 2m 4f at all. You're also pretty much guaranteed at least Gd to Sft on the tuesday obviously.

Comment

• I'd be more for saying we saw some very good winners on the Tuesday that will go onto better things but I do wonder if a slight bit of caution should be taken over the day one results.

Duc de Genievres won the Arkle by 13 lengths.
          Espoir D'Allen won the CH by a record winning margin of 15 lengths.
          A Plus Tard the Close Brothers by 16 lengths.
          Le Breuil and Discorama pulling 47 lengths clear of the 2 remaining finishers in the 4 miler.

A lot of the riders described the ground as dead / tacky on day one and it could just have been only a few horses really thrived on that ground which exaggerated both the distances and the amount the winners had in hand

Now probably all bar the Close Brothers could be argued against that view (with the Arkle falling apart, CH main 3 disappointing, 4 miler inexperience etc) and like I say I think it's more likely KD, ED'A and APT will prove value for their wins but I would be slightly wary of judging the distances and styles of their wins too literally

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
            https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/sec.../13-March-2019

useful article for anyone not seen it yet.
            Just have to be impressed with both Klassical Dream and Espoir D'allen.
            I especially like the way ED finished the race off such fast early sectionals, the rest just slowed down.
            Laurina looked like she was going faster in the first half mile than she'd ever done, then she settled nicely, but had no finish.
            Melon should be marked up as he was up with the pace throughout, and looks destined for a step up in trip in my book.
            But the way ED cruised up at the bottom of the hill and skipped away was top drawer.
            Yeah read that very interesting all these numbers pieces i find , basically saying Espoir was as efficient as he could of been in the circumstances and everything else that was good enough to compete ran shockers yep. I'm taking nothing away he's just won a Ch by 15L just wished BVD had been able to complete and put a real spin to the race instead of what transpired. I was very taken with Klassical as he was playing up at the start, forced the false start then was keen/lead and still cruised through as he liked then had another gear looked top class to my eyes.

Comment

• Samcro any race already been reduced from 12/1 to 8/1 on William Hill.

Comment

• Possibly because he is confirmed as chasing next year

Comment

• Originally posted by lethalsteps View Post
                  Samcro any race already been reduced from 12/1 to 8/1 on William Hill.
                  No juice in 8/1 considering the results he had this season.

I wonder if they'll rule the Arkle out?

Comment

• Can’t see any way on earth Klassical Dream goes down the Stayers route, surely Champion Hurdle or Arkle

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Can’t see any way on earth Klassical Dream goes down the Stayers route, surely Champion Hurdle or Arkle
                      Who had suggested that FTM?
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 March 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                        A Plus Tard is 16/1 with Billy Hills to Win Any Festival Race, and can be boosted to 17.52/1.
                        This might be the only one to tempt me in - personally I all think you're slightly bananas! (in the nicest possible way)

Comment

• Do you think anything can beat Blue Mist, ive had a go on it at 12/1 in the Lincoln, but ive heard it still needs withdrawals to get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                            This might be the only one to tempt me in - personally I all think you're slightly bananas! (in the nicest possible way)
                            This is the horse i seem to have gotten most wrong from the festival- i thought considering he had age allowances in his races in Ireland he'd be badly enough handicapped going into the fez....The softer ground + stiffer track must have eeked out a lot of improvement?? Is he really going to be a G1 chaser? That performance says so i guess.

Comment

• @Scooby

Much of a view on Franco De Port?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                @Scooby

Much of a view on Franco De Port?
                                Interesting, also AL CUARTO?

Comment

Working...
                                X