Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    What could go wrong
    Another knob yankee

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Another knob yankee
      There'd always be one on the blackboard to greet the supply teacher

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post

Too true

Comment

• Paddy Brennan reports rumours that Monalee may be going Gold Cup rather than Ryanair

Comment

• @claimsfive tweeting from Sandown

Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 March 2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• They made plenty of the 5lbs Epatante was getting from Posh Trish.

I would be disappointed if Epatante wasn't 5lbs better than Posh Trish.

Henderson felt that she wouldn't race so freely in a better race. Hood more a tool to keep her relaxed before the race.

He was quite big on Birchdale over Dickie Diver.

I missed the start. Did King mention if Good Man Pat went Close Brothers?

Comment

• Yeah all that rain means he needs an even longer trip. 3m2f never enough for Monalee on soft ground. This horse needs a real slog over an extreme trip to bring his non existent stamina into play!

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                  They made plenty of the 5lbs Epatante was getting from Posh Trish.

I would be disappointed if Epatante wasn't 5lbs better than Posh Trish.

Henderson felt that she wouldn't race so freely in a better race. Hood more a tool to keep her relaxed before the race.

He was quite big on Birchdale over Dickie Diver.

I missed the start. Did King mention if Good Man Pat went Close Brothers?
                  Just played it back and says he will run two in the Close Brothers but only namechecks Azzerti.

Comment

• I'm so sorry in advance...

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                    Another knob yankee
                    Originally posted by quevega View Post

Nobby in the bumper 33/1

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                      Just played it back and says he will run two in the Close Brothers but only namechecks Azzerti.
                      Good news for Lough Derg Spirit backers.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CrystalSpirit View Post
                          Ok so I hosted the preview at Thurrock Hotel last night, all our panel were great sports, I was busy with the videos/screen so didn't get a chance to make notes as such, but I can pass on the following.

Daryl Jacob - Thinks Top Notch has a great chance in the stayers, wasn't fit when behind Paisley Park at Ascot. He expects Adjali to bounce back in the Triumph without being quite good enough to beat Sir Erec. thinks Drovers Lane is overpriced in the RSA (so do I) and thinks Magic Saint is chucked in, in the Grand Annual (said he gave him a feel not dissimilar to Master Minded)

David Crosse - Bet of the week is Kilfilum Cross in the Kim Muir, said he did well to win at Ludlow as he wants to go left handed on slower ground.

Tom Garner - Put up Western Ryder in the County Hurdle, who schooled well the other day, and also Kalashnikov in the Arkle, who he said was electrifying well schooling.

Mike Cattermole - Mike was very keen on Elixir De Nutz in the arkle (as were a few others) He was also very keen on Elegant Escape in the Gold Cup, saying he thinks it will be a slog.

Lee Mottershead - Was keen on Lalor in the Arkle and Friend or Foe in the Fred Winter.

The funniest part of the evening was a gentleman in the audience who was most upset the whole panel had dismissed Clan Des Obeaux in the Gold Cup, to which Dave Crosse assured him that the horses feelings won't have been hurt (it would appear he had backed him ante-post already) none of the panel thought he would stay well enough.

I threw in Vintage Clouds in the Ultima which got a thumbs up.

Elixir De Nutz in the Arkle? How many pints had he had?

Comment

• Here is the full WH one for anyone that missed it:

AP McCoy
                            Sam Twiston-Davies
                            Nigel Twiston-Davies
                            Oliver Sherwood
                            Tom Segal

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Good news for Lough Derg Spirit backers.
                              Think that was King, referring to Azzerti. & Good man Pat who wasn't mentioned.

Comment

• Is the Cheltenham preview streamed tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X