Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First person that matters I should have said

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Apart from me! Made the exact same point he made a while ago. The form of last years win is pretty poor to me. Just cant have the horse at the prices.
      First person that matters I should have said

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        First person that matters I should have said

Comment

• Ah come on lads, compare this to SnoreBet last night, had more giggles by two races in. it’s night and day

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
            You really believe Chapman has used it to emphasise an intelligent point?

Not the place for a long winded discussion but I think you can easily make an intelligent point without swearing. I don't exactly see a lot of swearing on this forum, maybe that disappoints you?
            No I don't.

But If I wanted a group of people to evacuate a building in a hurry I bet a few swearwords would help to do this quicker.
            Context, emphasis, intelligence.

It's not the word that cause's offence. It's how and in what context it is used.
            A word being used unnecessarily and without malice should not really upset anyone.

Lack of swearing doesn't disappoint me at all. But people being offended by words does (a little bit, not a lot).
            Anyway , you're right.
            I'll shut up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
              Ah come on lads, compare this to SnoreBet last night, had more giggles by two races in. it’s night and day
              Yeah its very good. Would be significantly better without one!

Comment

• numbers seem much lower this year. started around 20k last year, been constantly 4k this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                  Anybody finding it hard to watch the attheraces preview won’t load
                  YES:- It’s hopeless. I’ll have to just turn the sound back on the snooker and watch Judd Trump. Thanks again to everyone who writes up reports from previews. There’s not much happening in the depths of rural Midlothian besides the council whacking up council tax
                  and complaining they have no money.
                  Last edited by Wainright; 5 March 2019, 07:46 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

Comment

• Just listen to Keenan, he talks sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      Just listen to Keenan, he talks sense.
                      Fantastic for me, always rate his views.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        Just listen to Keenan, he talks sense.
                        100%

Could listen to Keenan, Codd, and Blake all night.

Throw the rest of them away

Comment

• Haha, Go on Coddfather! Kevloaf, Coddfather and Potato - the big 3

Comment

• My notes from last night

Cheltenham Preview Night – Haydock Park (4th March)

Panel

Gareth Leonard (GL) (Compare)
                            Gay Wiltshire (GW)
                            Martin Chapman (MC)
                            Carl Llewelyn (CL)
                            Andy Gibson (AG)

Day 1 - Tuesday

Supreme Novices Hurdle

CL: - Really likes Al Dancer (obviously he is assistant trainer to NTD). Pulled hard last time out but a fast pace will suit and he will settle better. He has natural speed and will fully see out the trip, however he does wear a hood as he can get excited during the prelims. He also feels Dai will run AD & Angels Breath here. AD is much more straightforward horse than Ballyandy was.
                            MC: - AD is a decent price and worthy favourite. Nothing has won Betfair Hurdle and the Supreme is a minor negative. Elixir De Nutz will front run and probably set it up for others. Small word for Grand Sancy.
                            AG: - The time of Al Dancer’s November run is much better than the time that EDN set. Has backed AD and also Fakir Doudairies at an EW price. Prefers the prep of AD than that of AB.
                            GW: - Cannot see AD being beaten.

Arkle
                            AG: - Has backed Kalashnikov but it is looking a poor bet now and he has made a mess of the race. Barry Geraghty is fairly confident that Defi Du Seuil will go for the JLT. A lot of front runners in this race.
                            GL: - Likes Us and Them.
                            MC: - Also likes Us and Them EW. Bit of EW money has come for Paloma Blue. Keen to take on Lalor, put off by his lack of runs.
                            GW: - Thinks Knockanauss can run well from the front and a good EW price.
                            CL: - Fancies Glen Forsa, Doesn’t like Lalor or Kalashnikov.

Champion Hurdle
                            GW: - Reckons Buveur Dair & Apples Jade will go off joint favourites about 2/1, always does his b*llocks on this race.
                            MC: - Can’t have Laurina, really not sure who will win though.
                            CL: - BD is beatable but again not sure who will win, tentative for Apples Jade.
                            AG: - Laurina’s Tolworth win was slow, in fact the time set by Monsieur Le Coz on same day was quicker. AJ’s times also not that impressive but does have a squeak. BD is now a very backable price and has done a large EW double with Paisley Park (Stayers). Silver Streak (EW) could surprise and run on for a place.

Other races on Day 1

GL mentioned a few of NTD’s other horses and when he got to Ballyarthur, CL said with a straight face he definitely won’t be winning as he’s dead
                            CL: - Says Go Conquer is still improving but wants him to go to the National. Cogry has every chance in the Ultima and Flying Angel hasn’t progressed as much as they would have liked.
                            GW: - Likes Cogry EW in the Ultima
                            MC: - Says Star Sports have laid decent bets on Mr Whitaker (Ultima), Ok Corral (4 miler) and BDD (Mares).
                            AG: - Says Jerrysback has EW chance in the Ultima. Really likes Highway One O One in the Close Bros and he will front run.

Day 2 – Wednesday

Ballymore

MC: - Champ pulls hard, would lay him. No Challow winner has won this in 16 attempts. Choice is Brewinupastorm
                            AG: - On Champ at 10s. Barry Geraghty also likes Champ but said Battleoverdoyen was the one to be on.
                            CL: - Reckons Champs name is a tip in itself as they were waiting for this horse. Does need to settle but faster pace will help.

RSA
                            CL: - Count Meribel in good form and could have an EW chance, good jumper.
                            AG: - Thinks Delta Work is a more than reliable favourite, likes his prep. Says Santini been wrong favourite all along. Backed Mortal EW at 33s, will forgive last run.
                            GL: - Likes Delta Work
                            MC: - Santini issue is a concern, Delta Work now the right favourite. Topofthegame interesting, Harry Cobden got a b*llocking for the ride when he lost to La Bague Au Roi at Xmas.
                            GW: - Delta Work

Champion Chase
                            MC: - Altior went bigger in running last year when he hit his flat spot, may be worth keeping an eye out. No idea why he was jumping to left LTO, maybe he was bored. Gods Own without the favourite may be a nice bet.
                            AG: - Hell’s Kitchen EW if he runs, his time last time out was phenomenal.

Other races on Day 2

CL: - Torpillo wants it soft, Mr Antolini not progressive enough. Ballyandy is well and could have a chance EW. Owners has messed up Ballymoys chance by insisting on him running too often. Needs more time between races.
                            MC: - Money for Friend or Foe in the Boodles and Get in the Queue in the Bumper. Put King Roland in your tracker.
                            GW: - Money has come for Blue Sari
                            AG: - Tony Martins charity bet is Hannon on the Boodles, Take note.

Thursday – Day 3

JLT

AG: - Backed Lostintranslation and is a strong contender, Defi has a decent chance. No others in it.
                            GL: - Likes Castafiore EW
                            MC: - Plenty of money for Real Steel, Daryl Jacob likes Kildistart but MC thinks his jumping is scruffy.
                            CL: - DDS is the class horse and better value than LIT. Mullins thinks a lot of Real Steel.
                            GW: - Got to be LIT or DDS, can’t decide.

Ryanair

CL: - Not a great race, hopes UDS goes here. No strong views in an open race.
                            GL: - NAP is Footpad
                            GL: - Not sure who will even run.
                            MC: - Frodon still may come here, has backed Shattered Love & Aso EW at big prices.
                            AG: - Best to back Top Notch or Fox Norton EW now as once others drop out these would be value. Monalee is a placepot banker.

Stayers

CL: - It was the owners who kept Bristol De Mai in this, will definitely go Gold Cup though. Paisley Park is solid. Wholestone is very unpredictable but should run well at an EW price, his record here is good.
                            GW: - Would lay PP, thinks it will drift on the day.
                            MC: - If Penhill was fit he would have been well backed on day. Not really sure who can beat PP. Would like to lay him but can’t.
                            AG: - Would be gutted if Faugheen won. Has PP in a big double with BD, will be in the first 3 most definitely. Interest in Wholestone without favourite, great track record and ran on inside LTO here which was the wrong place to be so draw a line through that.

Other races on Day 3

CL: - Ballyboley probably will be retired, Ballyhill a chance in one of the handicaps Crievehill needs it heavy. Splash of Ginge will run his race. Wants to run Arthurs Gift in the Midlands Grand National but owners want Cheltenham.
                            MC: - Word for Posh Trish in the Mares Novice, no decent money taken on any of the handicaps.
                            AG: - Barry Geraghty was asked at another preview his handicap horse for the week, he said Sire Du Berlais. Measureofmydreams is said to have a very good chance in the KM, good word for this. Backed Ballyhill for the Browns. Young Master a chance in the KM. Also likes Lust for Glory in the Mares Novice.

Friday – Day 4

Gold Cup

MC: - Prep bad for Presenting Percy and would take on. But no strong opinion with who.
                            GW: - Rather be on Native River than PP, EW to nothing.
                            AG: - Concerned about PP with no fences run, race will be run at a gallop and just one mistake can put you out of the race. If soft, Native River is placepot banker. If Good to Soft or better then Road to Respect will run well. Likes Elegant Escape, he is a big old boat and can run on into a place. Clan Des Obeaux does have a chance but a poor record here. Bellshill form is good, times are very good and compare it to one of LBAR’s runs from the 4th fence to the line (LTO).
                            GL: - Backed BDM at 33/1, thinks it’s his year.
                            CL: - BDM is a big price and does have some form here. NR is the value, proper stayed, very solid EW. Not really put off by PP’s prep but RSA horses tend to disappoint the following year. Also thinks EE can run into a place.

Other races on Day 4

GW: - Sir Erec lay of the day.
                            MC: - Think SE will go off odds on but would want to lay him. Been money for Ucello Conti in the Foxhunters.
                            CL: - Torpillo wants soft if goes in Triumph, thinks Quel Destin had his ground last time and why he hammered Torpillo.
                            AG: - Also against SE but he may well win, he would rather Tiger Tap Tap though at the prices... Has backed Lisnagar Oscar in the Albert Bartlett, proper contender who has good times. Also had a large bet on Birchdale for same race at 10s. Backed Western Ryder in the County.

NAPS

AG: - Benie (Win) and EW’s on Western Ryder and Highway One o One
                            CL: - Tiger Roll (Buying Money)
                            GL: - Footpad
                            MC: - Real Steel
                            GW: - Lay Paisley Park

Also noted to back Malaya in the Imperial Cup on Saturday and Muckle Row at Warwick if he goes.

CL also said he had stopped betting since he stopped riding (joking!!)

And keep an eye on Good Boy Bobby when he goes fresh and BDM when he turns up in the National as it will suit (and he should know!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              According to post on out for season thread

http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...estival/page15
                              I was at a preview night in greystones last Friday
                              Justin Carty when asked about rhinestone shook his head and said won’t be going
                              Checked with two mates today that were there and they concurred
                              Joseph o brien has since mentioned him as going
                              Obviously there is confusion but pretty sure I relayed what was said

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                                I was at a preview night in greystones last Friday
                                Justin Carty when asked about rhinestone shook his head and said won’t be going
                                Checked with two mates today that were there and they concurred
                                Joseph o brien has since mentioned him as going
                                Obviously there is confusion but pretty sure I relayed what was said
                                No worries,
                                Some of these panels get stuff mixed up and don't listen or hear thing right.
                                Jessica & Nicky could barely speak the other night,
                                and I've heard that she's pregnant.
                                Imagine that.

Don't
                                I just did

Comment

Working...
                                X