Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigBucks View Post
    Paddy Brennan was referring to Friend or Foe
    There has to be a doubt about Friend or Foe getting a run - the predicted cut is 130 & he’s 128 with about 4 above him on 129 that’ll be sweating themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
      There has to be a doubt about Friend or Foe getting a run - the predicted cut is 130 & he’s 128 with about 4 above him on 129 that’ll be sweating themselves.
      Not really. If other horses in the yard need to come out to get friend or foe In. It will happen. Literally Every one is on friend or foe.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Will plug this again as it's been lost by mainly my own nonsense...

Gary O'Brien
        Gordon Elliott
        David Casey
        The Couch
        Richard Hoiles
        Sean Flanagan
        Ronan Graham
        Brian Graham
        Decent panel that.

It’s interesting that everyone involved in the sport (trainers, jockeys) are not concerned about Presenting Percy’s prep and struggle to see him beat, the opposite of what most punting opinion seems to be

Comment

That’s what NRNB is for. Still, I’d never be lumping in a Fred Winter

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
            That’s what NRNB is for. Still, I’d never be lumping in a Fred Winter
            Yes obviously- my point was if I was Paddy Brennan I wouldn’t be worried about a horse that possibly won’t get in.

Comment

It is going to be touch and go. He might just scrape in as the last one in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Not really. If other horses in the yard need to come out to get friend or foe In. It will happen. Literally Every one is on friend or foe.

I don’t t think he’s got enough entered to make that happen - he’s relying on others not running & Im not sure there’s 11 non runners above him imo

Comment

I don’t t think he’s got enough entered to make that happen - he’s relying on others not running & Im not sure there’s 11 non runners above him imo
                  We will see. I'll be suprised if there's not 11 runners missing there. Only way is if Gordon Willie and Joseph run everything to keep him out.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    We will see. I'll be suprised if there's not 11 runners missing there. Only way is if Gordon Willie and Joseph run everything to keep him out.
                    I’d bet he just gets in also
                    There’s at least 6 definitely not running
                    But it will be a coin toss
                    And they could try and manoeuvre it

Comment

• Sean Graham Preview from Europa

Gary O'Brien
                      Gordon Elliott
                      David Casey
                      The Couch
                      Richard Hoiles
                      Sean Flanagan
                      Ronan Graham
                      Brian Graham

Our live-tweets tonight will give more of a summary of the panels view of each race rather than word-by-word analysis. We'll try to give more quality over quantity. Of course there's still tickets on the door so please get down and join us!

Doors opened early to let eager punters in tonight. Around 30 mins to go till we get the action underway. #SGCPN19 – at Europa Hotel
                      Must say this shiny new video board from @Sparq_live looks the part. No need for the varifocal lenses for those at the back! – at Europa Hotel
                      Right that's us underway here the @europahotel - better late than never! Enjoy
                      A great tribute to GE as we get underway after his outstanding 8 winners at last year's Festival.

Onwards to discussing the opener - the Supreme!
                      Couch: Hendo's wouldn't put Mr Fisher in the same Gallop as Angels Breath. He was underprepared at Kempton. I think he's a good thing. Al Dancer ran in a poor BF Hurdle. He's a false fav. Fakir D'oud has holes in his form
                      BG: Ascot form hasn't worked out for Angels Breath. My idea is Elxir De Nutz. Great form. Tolworth Hurdle is best form in race.
                      RH: Grand Sancy at double figure price interests me. ELixir got his own way up front in Tolworth
                      GE: Vision D'honneur should have good each way chance. Didn't jump great at Leopardstown last day. One of weaker races of the week. If we win it, it will be a bonus. Impressed with Angels Breath. If he was mine he'd be going Ballymore however
                      SW: On a panel with D.Jacob other night he was sweet on Elixir De Nutz. Hard to know how solid the Fakir D'dourdires form is.
                      DC: Aramon will run - pretty open race. Al Dancer most impressive visually. Concerned about Mister Fisher. Angels Breath would be better over further.

Onto the Arkle - RH: Lalor great piece of form from earlier in the year. Really don't have a strong opinion of the race with the injuries to other horses. Kalashnikov couldn't rule him out if it does rain but you're clutching at straws in a weak contest
                      Couch: Can't have Glen Forsa. He's a 120 rated hurdler. They are going to go fast in this. Lalor is an awful price. Set up for a horse that jumps and stays. Had a few quid on Gordon's Hardline. Best jockey on board it. Davy
                      GE: Hardline will run in this. Coming back to 2m around Cheltenham will suit him well. I was impressed with Duc Des Genievres from Willie. Looks stronger this year. Jumped well in Gowran.
                      DC: Duc Des G won well last day. Good hurdle form. Such an open race. Visually most impressive horse was Glen Forsa. Don't know if he has to make running. They could cut their throat in front.
                      BG: Biggest arkle field in years. Nothing like Footpad in this. Horses that haven't reproduced their hurdle form over fences. Then horses like Glen Forsa the other way round. Disagree with Couch think he's a great chance. Got better and better.

Champion Hurdle time - DC: Laurina does everything right at home. Never put the gun to her head though. Worked well other morning. Proabaly a bad price on what she's done tbh.
                      DC: Not overly impressed with Buveur this year. Got beat off Verdana Blue. Not even the last day at Sandown was he impressive. Compared to Apples Jade. Sharjah a bit under the radar. Dry ground suits. Melon saves his best for Cheltenham
                      GE: Didn't think she'd do what she did the last day. Final bit of a work tomorrow and then it's all systems go. Samcro hasn't really trained on this year, few niggly problems. Apples not a great workhouse but saves best for track. Bit of rain will do us nicely. Happy with lead
                      RH: Want to find something each way. if BVD wins three in a row he might finally get credit. It's a bit of a weak division to be fair. Don't think the front three at that far clear.
                      Couch: Can't believe she's not fav. Breathtaking last time out. Beat Supasundae half the track. BVD form this year is rubbish. Check out De Boinville's face when he won Verdana Blue. If Apples performs to that level she can't be beat.
                      BG: Apples has won by half the track on each start. Handicapper only raised her three pounds for that win last time. She could be the best mare ever. She gets 7 pounds. She's a cert in a match with BVD
                      Somewhat of a clean sweet for Apple's Jade in the Champion Hurdle then.

Onto the Ballymore, which opens Wednesday's racing.
                      GE: Battleoverdoyen is a chaser in the making. He jumps well and stays and I wouldn't swap him. Needs to improve from Naas. He'll be fine on the track even though he's a big horse. Champs form has holes in it. He's beatable. Impressed with City Island.
                      SF: Big fan of City Island. Won an egg and spoon race last time, but a nice few quid to pick up. Won a nice race in Leopardstown before.
                      RH: Not great Challow Hurdle form for Champ. Poke holes in all UK form. No depth to it. Champ pulls hard and he's not a price. Champagne Platinum would be interesting he cost a few quid.
                      Couch: Sams Profile interests me. Needs to jump better. Decent price. Mouse Morris has a good record when he brings one over. City Island's form needs to improve
                      DC: Klassical Dream great contender if he pitches up. Lot of French experience. Cut in the ground would suit. Angels Breath as we said would be of huge interest if he stepped up. Deffo taking on the fav.

Onto the RSA Chase: RH: Santini pulled a shoe but sounds like he's ok. His prep just hasn't gone right though. Couldn't race of the flu. Looked slow at times and babyish. OK Corral looked an RSA horse at Warwick. Showed some pace. Topofthegame ahead of Santini in Kauto.
                      GE: Delta plenty of experience. Improved from Cheltenahm to Punchestown last year. Gone strength to strength. Only does what he has to do. Won't mind any ground. In great form.
                      BG: Impressed with Delta. Could follow Presenting Percy's route. Delta has best form in Ireland and has been franked. Topofthegame still a maiden over fences. Second season novice. Mister Malarkey an improver. Lot better chaser than hurdler
                      Couch: Liked Santini had big antepost bet on him. Terrible preperation. Delta Work the form horse and had a saver on him. Davy on board a huge advantage. Don't fancy Topofthegame. Too quirky.
                      Couch: OK Corall would deffos be in the race if not for Santini. Be wary if Santini doesn't make it and OK Corrall could reroute here. Price won't be 8/1 if he does turn up
                      DC: Gordon's horse best form in race. I like Topofthegame. Crying out for extra distance up the hill. 2nd last year in Coral Cup. Ontheblindside still learning but trip again suits.
                      Big fans of Delta Work and Gordon seemed keen. Santini's prep the main knock and Topofthegame not quite good enough.

Onto the Champ Chase.
                      DC: Haven't decided about Min and Footpad and even UDS if the ground is soft. Min's had two go's at Altior and hasn't beat him. Fav looks bombproof. Footpad had excuses on his runs this term.
                      RH: Wouldn't worry about the jumping left thing at Ascot. Wouldn't be rushing to take the price, but we go to Festivals to see these star horses. EW without fav only way to attack race. Sceau Royale and Gods Own who's always a bet in this.
                      SF: Altior one of the best ever I'd say. Simply Ned if I was going to have a bet in this. At a big price.
                      Couch: Least impressive he's been at Ascot. Willie's should follow him and try and have one burst and do him at the end. Min needs decent ground but could do him for toe. Ryanair should be the race for Footpad ran over further in France.

We're back from the interval.

Let's go with Bumper: DC: Ireland has the best form.
                      GE: Envoi Allen gallops and stays. Horse for future as I've said all season. Malone Road would of been the one and Envoi probs wouldn't have ran.
                      Couch: Get in the Queue of Harry Fry's. Done a great time at Exeter. The fog didn't help the view but he was very impressive too at Uttoxeter. Neon Wolf started in same bumper
                      RG: Meticulous has been backed and Tabor is involved. Have to take note of that. No reason why it should win watching it back but the money has to be noted. Best of the English maybe the Tizzard horse Debonair. McFabolous franked form other day.

Ryanair Chase. SF: Road To Respect has this option. Footpad impressive in arkle last year but maybe they set it up for him. Our boy effective over both trips. Was too soft from him in gold cup last year.
                      RH: Frodon runs here as he won't beat Clan Des Obeaux. Monalee looks a good thing but been bit unlucky at Festival. Has been his target all season.
                      GE: I still like Footpad. DC: Whichever horse turns up deserves to be head of the market.
                      Couch: Frodon won't win either. Couldn't believe Monalee was evens to win the other day. Struggled to beat Anibale Fly. Footpad for me is the one. Race set up for him.
                      RG: Not a lover of Monalee. Wasn't very good when beating Anibale. Would have to step up to beat the likes of UDS or Footpad. Ryanair is there for the taking probs cut up.

Onto the day three feature the Stayers Hurdle. Looks an intriguing race this year, with the well fancied fav Paisley Park leading the market.
                      RH: Paisley Park gut reaction is he's too short. Horse I would most like to win for the story. He's been strong at the finsh after usually hitting a flat spot. Big Bucks-esque. He beat everything in England. No reason why they should reverse form.
                      Couch: Aiden Coleman's record at Festival is a worry. Kilbricken Storm won AB last year. Has been chasing but has a bad back. Worked the place down at Wincanton few days ago. Paisley is a bad price. Supasundae very ground dependant. Great chance though.
                      RG: Could see likes of Faugheen being a public gamble on day. Paisley Park could drift. If momentum carries on with Faugheen could go off 3/1. PP lay of week at the price. Form doesn't stack up to Irish horses. Never met anything of their ilk
                      DC: Faugheen showing plenty at home. Ruby done couple bits of work. Supasundae likes Cheltenham. Not certain he really truly stays up the hill. Rest of horses look like they have aborted chase campaigns. Faugheen's record at track is great. Take a good bit of beating.
                      GE: Samcro is 50/50. Works tomorrow. Might be running out of time. If he doesn't make Cheltenahm then Aintree Hurdle. Fav is beatable. Don't think he's good enough.
                      SF: Favs form isn't strong enough. Big fan of Supasundae. Nice ground is needed. Soft ground he doesn't see it out. Bacardy's as well i give a chance to. Good form.

Onto the Triumph where we may see the "Irish Banker" of the week in the form of Sir Erec.
                      DC: Sir Erec beat our horse in Xmas in maiden. The class and way he did it at Leopardstown was impressive. he attacked his hurdles. Horse coming off flat they often don't take to it but he did. Stays and has pace. Ticks all boxes
                      RG: No way this horse odds against on a Cheltenham Friday. Nothing to take him on. You're looking at the top of the market and they don't really go except QD. Anybody you speak to can't see this horse beaten.
                      Couch: Fav a bit short. Gardens Of Bablyon might have a chance at a price. First time i wasn't impressed with Sir Erec. 2nd time he got a solo which he won't get in Triumph.
                      GE: Fav a good thing. Way he quickened after last last time out was great. SF: Sir Erec a jet. Sir Erec's only worry in this would be if Band Of Outlaws ran in this, so he's a cert for Fred Winter.

Albert Bartlett quickly... RG: Lisnargar Oscar i've heard good word for. Beat Dickie Diver first time out and the form has been franked.
                      GE: Commanderoffleet suited by the 3 miles. Won well the last day. Wouldn't be one of my strongest chances. Only 5. Needs to strenghten up and he be better next year.
                      GE: Have to be a tough horse for this race. Derrinross is an interesting price but needs it soft.
                      SF: Dinons is a big price around 20/1. GE: To be honest i'd forgotten about him! He deffos runs in the race. Won round the track.
                      DC: Over the years had some big priced runners. Look for something at a price.
                      Couch: Bookmakers benefit. Dinons for me. Top yard big price. Loadsa course form, ticks the boxes for me. Derrinross impressive at Limerick and liked attitude at Cork.

Onto the big one the Cheltenham Gold Cup
                      GE: I'd love to be training PP. Everyonen trains horses in different ways. Got it right the last two days. Only worry would be if ground came if particularity good. Shattered Love runs had wind op. Could place if ran career best.
                      DC: Open race. Anyone of 6 or 7 could win. We run 4. Kemboy good at Xmas, Al Boum ran well last year. Bellshill won nicely at DRF. Unorthodox prep for Percy last year so no issue there. Couldn't bet Native River with stolen money at the minute.
                      RG: PP should start fav. Montys Pass won National after not running over fences that season. Pat Kelly is a genius. Knows the time of day. Can't have CDO or Native River. Gold Cup last year has wrecked him and Might Bite.
                      Couch: CDO beat Thistlecrack he's getting on a bit. Form at course aint great. He likes going right handed. Terrible price. PP has best form from the RSA. Doesn't do a tap in front. Think PP wins. Like Al Boum Photo, beat Total Recall properly. Might Bite had ulcers
                      RH: Can't have Clan. Won't Stay. More positive about Native River. He obvs wants rain. Impressed by PP in the Galmoy not worred about prep. They are the two for me. Anibale Fly maybe ridden to pick up the pieces.
                      SF: Rode PP in his first jumps win. He just does enough. No issue with prep. Obvs jumped the fences at Galway. Arguably one of the best horses in training at the moment.

Best bets time. SF: Looking forward to Toust Et Permis needs rain though. Not sure where he goes yet.
                      Hoiles hcap picks: Bouvreiul (Grand Annual), Benatar (Plate), Early Doors, Montestrar (Fred Winter) - Not What I Am (Pertemps - NAP)

GE: Champagne Classic good chance in 4 miler. Michael wants to run him in RSA but sure he'd have no chance.

GE: Lethal Steps big engine in Fred Winter. Bit of a boyo. Sire Du Berlais is planned for Pertemps after morning work. Good chance with good weight. A Toi Phil just not a grade one horse over fences.

GE:Measureofmydreams has good chance in Kim Muir. Bit short now though. jumping has let him down in the past. Its All Guessworks runs as well. IF jumped round he's have achance but lacks a bit of experience. Jamie Codd and Barry O'neill respectively

GE: My best chance is Tiger Roll but there's no such thing as a good thing in a 3m 6f Cross Country Race.

DC: Benie Des Dieux seems in great form, goes there without a run no issues. Still have few more in race. Ballyward goes four miler, won well in Naas and jumps well. Lacks touch of experience but ran well in AB last year

DC: Wicklow Brave would have a decent profile in the Country Hurdle or Coral Cup, maybe the latter suits him better.

Couch: Highway One O One in Close Bros. 2nd to Kildistart who I like for JLT too. Super jumper of a fence for a novice.

Couch: Friend or Foe in Fred Winter for Paul Nicholls. On Saturday Dream Du Granville in Imperial Cup get your bets on.

Great night as always at the Preview night. Tried our best to keep non-attendees up to date. Check out @gaultstats who also tried to do a play-by-play. Roll on next week!
                      Last edited by Old Vic; 5 March 2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Looking forward to the FFP preview tonight. Last year Geraghty looked like he wanted to kill them and now they've thrown Chapman into the mix!

Comment

• Gault Stats Report

Usually an interesting evening with David C and Gordon.

I’m there. Will tweet anything newish/different.
                          Panel will be GOB, GE, DC, C for Couch, SF, BG, RG. Unfollow if u don’t want it.
                          Early prices Couch’s first joke Belfast. 6/4 Brexit (coupled with May and Rees Mogg) 3s Corbyn (with Labour betting policy) 4s Cheryl Cole, 5s L Weinstein (bf 2018) 8s H Shipman, 10s Fred West. 2018 skinner was Ruby inj - Haley’s Comet comparison.
                          Couch is on crutches. And there’s me making fun of him.
                          Couchs first joke. GOB ‘How many Cheltenham’s have you commentated on, Richard? 77, says the Couch.’ Skinner. No sign of Rolf Harris.

Supreme - C all over Angels Breath, sick at Xmas. RH keen on Grand Sancy. No one likes Al Dancer. GE neither of his should be good enough to win.
                          GE Vision will jump a fence. Ew only here. SF rode Felix free going impossible to do at Chelt. Allegedly STD wants to get off fav and ride Elixir. Lovely gossip.
                          DC both may run. If rain, Klassical will run. Aramon a definite. Angels Breath needs two and a half.

Arkle - RH Lalor ground might be too soft. It’s a weak race. No clue, thanx. DC Cilaos Emery def out.
                          C Not a Glen Forsa fan. Nice gag about Racing TV jackets. Popular in parts of Hamburg, we believe. Lalor too short, likes Hardline. D Russell different class. 12s big Defi won’t get round
                          GE Hardline def runner. Mistakes last time cost him. Easier ground suits him ew chance. GE likes Duc a lot. Very keen on him. Jumped well Gowran
                          DC Duc decent horse, but only his first win for them. In normal year wouldn’t win. He likes Glen Forsa ffs. Cilaos a long way ahead of Duc. Duc will stay on.
                          SF keen Us and Them. Form. Big price. BG this May be a big Arkle field. Glen Forsa only 114 over hurdles but likes him.

DC Laurina, no one knows how good. Gun has never been put to head. Worked well other morning but price too short. Respect to Buveur but not impressed this year. Apples the one to beat
                          DC Sharjah likes dry ground. Will run. Melon runs well there. 50/50 if Saldier runs.
                          GE Apples def runs. He was one of the biggest doubters. Works tomorrow, hopefully all systems go. Not a wonderful work horse. He would like a lead for the mare. Samcro niggles all season.
                          RH can’t find a bet. FFS son, it’s the best CH in years. Get an opinion
                          SF Apples Jade could carry Mick Jazz up straight. Should be fav. C Ryan Giggs wife joke about how happy Nico was when winning on Verdana at Xmas. BG 7 lbs is a lot. Certainty to beat Buveur he says.

Ballymore - GE Battleover not as classy as Samcro. Needs to improve again. Won abumper at a sharp Punchestown. Champs form has holes. SF was beat by Battle, big horse but very quick. Likes City Island
                          RH Champ form not great. UK form not good. Challow weak.Not a price. Maybe Champagne Platinum.
                          C 54 seven yr olds beaten since French Holly. Luv it. Champ pulls more than Justin Beirber at a hen do. City needs to step up.
                          DC - Klassical has improved since Leop. Liked cut. Plenty of form in France? ‘Would be competitive if turns up here.’ All dismiss Champ. Also says Angels Breath should run here. 8s witha run.

RSA - Santini bit slow. Ok Corral plenty of gears, looks RSA. Thinks Topog thgame best of Eng
                          GE Delta plenty of experience. Strength to strength. Loves him.Jumps well. BG Says will shorten after Santini scare thing. Top of the Game is still a maiden. Last one to win an RSA?
                          C all over Santini. Bad prep flu jab thing. Poultice thing happened to Altior last year and didn’t stop him. D Russell will help Delta. Top of Game jumped to front two out Feltham and couldn’t win.
                          DC wants to take on Santini. Top of the game big beast,Chelt may suit better than Kempton . SF likes Mortal ew

QM - DC Doesn’t know which one will run here. Depends on ground. One of them will. Footpad has had excuses. Got tired last time. (So have I). Not much help.
                          RH back something ew without fav. Gods Own, He’s 11 ffs. And Darren In Green on Sceaux Royal.
                          All Altior fans GE likes Footpad as the Arkle winner last year. SF Simply Ned ew w/o. C thinks Min can win. Good man, an opinion. Ruby should follow on Min and have a go at him from the last. Footpad suffers from overreaches. Should be in Ryanair.
                          C - RH has effing shares in God’s Own. DC says that Henderson has nothing that can sit with Alt at home. Nothing new from BG.
                          It’s half time here, excuse me, a lager has arrived. Please don’t forget to give

We’re off again, the Bumper. DC Blue Sari, difficult to rate, laid back, child could ride him out. We don’t normally run 4 yr olds but we are light. Gordon has the best of the Irish.
                          GE Envoi gallops, stays, tough horse, one for the future. If Malone was fit, Envoi wouldn’t be running. Envoi not slow might need softer ground. It’s an open race.
                          GE Abracadabra would have been second last time. SF Meade bumper horses don’t go. Likes Ask For Glory saw him quicken in his p2p. Daylight Katie nr says GE. Naas Sunday, maybe Aintree
                          RH no opinion, once again. It’s like Neil Mulholland.

C all over Getinthequeue. 3 59 last time. Epatante went 15s slower. Couldn’t find the second. There was a Rees Mogg problem. A joke too late, I’m sorry.
                          Ronan G in now. Meticulous 16s to 10s recently. Does a Leon Blanche, ‘the right faces’ Likes Tizzard bumper horse.

Ryanair - SF Road to Respect may go as the race may cut up. Says massive chance. Hmm. GC last year too soft for him. Tout Et Permis also. RH Frodon says Harry Dedham will run here. Won’t beat Clan in GC
                          GE Footpad fan, big style. DC both stay 2m 4f, no help. Will be competitive. We know that.Says Rachel keeps ride on Monalee.
                          C Frodon won’t win either. Footpad fan. Strong finish in Arkle. RG market has changed a lot recently. If Footpad runs, will be fav.

Stayers - RH torn Paisley too short but it’s a good story. He’s nearly in tears as he knows the owner well from previous joint ownership. Luv the emotion.
                          C Aidan Coleman one from 119, nasty. Paisley was his first G1. Likes Kilbricken Storm has had a bad back, worked with Elixir the other day. RG Faugheen will be a gamble on the day 8s to 9/2 recent. Fav will drift. Park form not strong.
                          DC - Faugheen shows plenty at home, Ruby riding him at home which says a lot. Supasundae may not stay 3m. Not that keen on Bacardys.
                          GE Samcro only 50/50. Works tomorrow, decision made. ‘We may have run out of time’. Aintree maybe. Says pPark not good enough.
                          Benie Des Diex def for Mares. SF likes Bacardys. Irish form is stronger.

Triumph - DC Sir Erec very difficult to beat. Disappointed with Tiger Tap. May be fitter. Erec attacked his hurdles. Ticks all the boxes, Leon. DC banker of week. RG says he will be odds on.
                          RG Flat Erec form too good. Likes Fri short priced jollies. C puts up the entire argument. Soft lead. Liked Hanging Gardens. Keen on Pic Dorhy
                          GE - Couch won’t know a soft lead if it hit him on the head. Sir Erec ‘a jet’ CF ‘only horse that can beat him is Band Of Outlaws and he’s going to win FredW’

Albert B - GE Commander not one of his best chances of the week. A 5 yr old. Likes Derrinross
                          RH no real opinion, jeez. Irish win both longer novices. CF need a hardened horse, like Dinons. Big oul chasing type. GE says def runs but I forgot to mention him. But CF isn’t getting the ride back.
                          DC Alloha runs, don’t know what he beat last time. Needs to settle better. Sams Profile NR. Salsaletta for Mares. Carefully Selected owner wants to go to Punch. Quotes AB stats, and then tips Derrinross. C - Dinons.
                          C NIcky rarely wins this, (BobsWorth?) Dicky Diver ‘too good’ for this.

GC - Percy GE tipped him last year. Would luv to train him. Prep, ‘never been better’ onlyconcern fast ground. He runs Shattered Love only ‘needs a career best to finish in first four’
                          DC Open race, 6 or 7 could win. Any of ours could win. Wouldn’t be a shock. Percy’s Hurdle form not good enough. Wouldn’t back Bite or River with stolen.
                          DC Doesn’t like Clan Des. RG Percy starts fav. All down south believe Mr Kelly a genius. Again River/Bite are gone. Says 4s the field. Likes GEs mare.
                          C - Not a Clan fan. May not get trip, jumps right handed. Percy fan with D Russell. Al Boum Photo ew. Bite has ulcers. RH no Clan, match bet with Native River. Needs rain. Repeats what the rest say.
                          SF Percy just does enough. Has ridden him to win. ‘Just flicks his ears about. No one knows how good he is.’ May win more than one GC.

GE says he wants to run Champagne Classic in the 4 miler but the owner says it runs in RSA, in which GE says he has no chance.
                          It’s 1115pm and we’re finished. Handicap tips naps and RHs Lucky 31 be on http://www.gaultstats.com* tomorrow. Hope it’s been useful.
                          http://www.gaultstats.com* now fully updated for 2019. Even the quiz. Will add to site daily. I hope it is of use to you at the Festival. Feedback and RTs welcomed. Marie Curie is a good cause. Please don't forget to give. A fiver is fine.

Comment

• If you are enjoying the forum and want to say thanks support Mr Gault's cause thanks

His stats aren't bad either

Comment

• Thanks Old Vic, saves me typing it up myself haha--took notes last night- to be honest, i didn't think there was lots learnt but interesting anyway!

Comment

• A few bits from Haydock via https://twitter.com/Smido11

Cheltenham Preview evening at Haydock tonight.
                                Carl Llewelyn - assistant trainer to Nigel Twiston-Davies Gary Wiltshire - belly from the telly Andy Gibson - pro punter Martin Champman - Starsports (event sponsor)

Llewellyn - Al Dancer best chance of the week for NTD in the supreme. Travels very well at a strong pace. Wears a hood as sometimes gets a bit excited before his race - that would be the only worry with the Cheltenham atmosphere

Gibson. I did a preview night with Gerraghty on Tuesday and he was fairly confident Defi would go for the JLT.
                                Arkle - all panel keen to take on Lalor. Wiltshire describes it as “a bookies race”

Champion - all keen to take on Buveur D’air. But not sure what with. Gibson - Silver Streak in a market without the front 2. Might pick up some pieces from the back

Llewellyn - Ballyarthur definitely wont win, he’s dead.

Chapman from Starsports offering 4/1 Champ for Ballymore to £100 tonight. “JP isn’t going to call a horse Champ if he’s not a serious horse but we think he’s vulnerable”
                                Llewellyn on Champ - they’ve waited two or three years to name a horse Champ. He could improve 10lbs just for settling. Incredible performance to pull for over a mile last time and still win.

Gibson - Hell’s Kitchen time in December was absolutely incredible. Unlikely to run in the Champion Chase but do think he’ll win a good two mile race somewhere down the line.

Gibson - Tony Martin charity bet from a preview evening the other night was Hannon in the Fred Winter. 25/1. The only horse he put up confidently all night. Apparently.

Back underway at the Haydock preview evening. Llewellyn reports Real Steel well fancied by connections for the JLT.

Gibson. The day Cyrname won. It could be significant with the equine flu and the jabs situation that Nicholls had so many winners in that day. Llewellyn. Nicholls gives all his horses a flu jab first week of January. It takes at least a week to recover from a flu jab.

Llewellyn when asked what would need to happen for his Bristol De Mai to run in the Stayers Hurdle - “not a clue”

Stayers Hurdle Wiltshire - Paisley Park will drift on the day. Chapman - if you’d have told me Emma Lavelle would have a 7/4 shot for a grade 1 back in September, I’d have layed it all day.
                                Gibson - biggest danger to Paisley Park is a slowly run race rather than another horse
                                Llewellyn on Ballybolly - he ran the other day and is probably going to be retired. He’s done his bit

Gibson likes Road To Respect in the Gold Cup at a price. Impressive on the clock last time out.

Sir Erec Wiltshire - take him on Chapman - will go off 4/7 Gibson - priced mainly on the form of 1 run
                                Gibson. Good reason to believe that Birchdale will shorten up for the Albert Bartlett in the coming days. Currently 10/1

NAP time Wiltshire - lay Paisley Park. Stayers. Chapman - Real Steel. JLT. Gibson - Highway One O One. Close Brothers Chase. Llewellyn - Tiger Roll. Cross Country.

Comment

Working...
                                X